Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 20-07-2009

Default What do you want to here from a commentator??

Southport was fun! i really enjoyed being really hyper on the mic

But my question is..

What do you want to hear? as a driver and as someone watching..

in the heats during and after ( where you are in the heat?.. where you are going?.. where you ended up?)

and

in the finals ( hyper with lots of excitement or lots of info or ...)

Just want to get some feedback so i can improve and take it to the next level

thanks

MC Tbear
Old 20-07-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

It needs to be a combination of both I think mate, some right rib teasing of those on some not too good runs in quali too would be funny

Great to know what sort of pace youre on during quali as a driver but mick taking is awesome as a spectator

I would say that the commentary at southport was the best its been for me, both you and DC

What happened to Mr Evdoka, didnt hear him on the mic all day
Old 20-07-2009
Mad Member

I dont want to sound like a spoil sport but the silly stuff was putting me off a touch. I didnt get some of the private jokes as im new to Nationals and dont know that many people.

The race commentary was second to none though and was very helpfull in qualifying and in finals.

Please dont take offence at my post. Just my opinion.
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback
Old 20-07-2009
Mad Member

Yeah agree with that, during the race should just be about the race, whos leading, whos being lapped etc!

Silly stuff in between the races though
Old 20-07-2009
Mad Member

Yeah. Daft stuff in between then everybodys happy!!
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback
Old 20-07-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

i thought you were both bang on the money at southport, enough info and fun combined.
Nice shout outs of who the fastest car is and that would do i think.

DRAG RACE!!!!!
Old 20-07-2009

Shout outs for faster cars and who's finished.

If you need to do the funny stuff, then can you not just have that sounding out in the pits only and the race details for the rostrum. Then the spectators will have a great show, and the drivers will know where they are and not get distracted.

Just my ten peneth
Tim

www.ndor.co.uk

My Feedback
Old 20-07-2009
oOple Advertiser

Tony, I thought you and DC did an awesome job! really made me laugh and i think its actually helping keep people around the track for the finals.... I don't just mean the A final either!

I can understand where the guys above are coming from as far as qualifying goes as i suppose it could be off-putting to have too much banter during the run, although i thought you held back there anyway. Information like where you're going in round and where it would put you overall is really useful, aswell as how far off the round tq you are.

I think when it comes to finals you got it spot on! you guys made every final enjoyable to watch and listen to!

Keep it up!
Old 20-07-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Wraggy

i thought it was the bollox mate, enjoyed it all and had me in stitches of laughter at times in the finals, kinda helps me relax actually while driving
Old 20-07-2009

Send a message via MSN to Kash
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraggy View Post
i thought it was the bollox mate, enjoyed it all and had me in stitches of laughter at times in the finals, kinda helps me relax actually while driving

I have to agree with Wraggy it did help me relax as i was laughing at what you were saying, for me it was spot on i loved every minute of it
Old 20-07-2009

i thought it was great tony , drag race!
Old 20-07-2009

Top job all weekend, keep it up if you don't mind.
Old 20-07-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I do actually think that was pretty close to perfect TT, a little more info on people and the cars maybe in the finals maybe , though I guess that it is pretty difficult to find that kind of stuff out. Taking the p*** was mostly saved for drivers going on and off the rostrum rather than during the race "BEEPING"
Old 20-07-2009
Mad Member

No offence to Banksy but it is the best he's drove in ages while you're on the mic TT, I really love that guy too
Old 20-07-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to blitzboy

top work from you and dc on the mic guys . as everyone else has said it was a laugh , i laughed so much in my final as you were ribbing jimmy that i forgot about racing my car, but your comments and jabs were tops keep it up guys drag race was the best bit too loud some times but still good fun ,

http://www.customblitz.co.uk
Email:graham@customblitz.co.uk

Old 21-07-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I think you did a "Good Job" TT!!!!!!!!!

It needs to be a combination of both, during qual it needs to be more info, race place, projected time, where your going in round, and time on the "race clock". Joking around is good, but should mostly be done in between heats.
In finals I think it can be bumped up to whatever you like, still give race positions and the time left, but after that the more excited you get the better it will be!!!!!

And thanks for the help dude!!!! I would be completly screwed without your help!!!!

And I am gonna have to step up my game to even get close to how good you are on da MIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 21-07-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I thought the commentary at Southport was excellent, it was good to get the info, but as Wraggy said, I found that the banter helped me relax whilst driving. As much as I want to do well, it has to be enjoyable and TT and DC add to that side immensely!
Old 21-07-2009

Comedy is subjective, race info is objective. As a spectator at weekend I'd have preferred the balance tipped towards the latter during races, with the banter left for pre and post race intervals, the odd snapper or bod moment etc.

Sorry fella but the giddy randomness and in-jokes didn't quite work for me at times, had it been any other event I'd stopped to look at I'd probably have been on my way pretty quickly.

Good on you for taking the mic and asking for feedback too, any commentary is better than none and I'm sure you'll get it nailed with practice.
Old 21-07-2009
Mad Member

The only thing I would like with your comentary is GET MY BLOODY NAME RIGHT lol.
Old 21-07-2009
LeeOtard

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_B View Post
Comedy is subjective, race info is objective. As a spectator at weekend I'd have preferred the balance tipped towards the latter during races, with the banter left for pre and post race intervals, the odd snapper or bod moment etc.

Sorry fella but the giddy randomness and in-jokes didn't quite work for me at times, had it been any other event I'd stopped to look at I'd probably have been on my way pretty quickly.

Good on you for taking the mic and asking for feedback too, any commentary is better than none and I'm sure you'll get it nailed with practice.

I dont fully agree with this....i had more people stopping and asking me what was going on and 'how often does this happen' from just random public of whom were coming past than any other meeting in the UK.

If someone just walked in and saw 10 toy cars driving round then i think they would leave pretty fast, but with all the excitement going on, i believe it made people interested and stayed to watch!

I dont really think theres many 'in' jokes as far as just racing jokes...and allbeit that is 90% of the people attending a race meeting, i think its just fine. It has personally made the 10th nationals alot more fun starting at EPR where everything was really let loose! i actualyl come out and watch alot more races now!

Good job fella! I think all you need to do is keep travelling to the states and picking things up when you can!