Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Old 03-01-2016

Default Ventilated dual slipper on YZ2

Does anyone run this slipper? Ive read that it makes traction better in low grip?

Cheers

Matt
Old 03-01-2016
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to danDanEFC

I got one for myself, and I have ran it a few times.

It looks great however I have not noticed me catching up on the super quick people.
Old 03-01-2016
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to danDanEFC

Double post

Last edited by danDanEFC; 03-01-2016 at 09:27 PM.
Old 03-01-2016
Mad Member

It has twice the slipper pad surface, so in theory you should be able to run it a little more open than the standard one. I have been quite happy with the standard slipper on the YZ-2 so far, on almost all other vehicles including the B-Max2 I switched to the Avid Triad slipper and found it much better and way more adjustable. Not sure if it would work on a YZ-2, though. There is not that much space under the body.
Old 04-01-2016

I personally find the dual-plate vented slipper is more smooth than the standard one and is more consistent over a race distance. Whether this is because there is less heat build-up and so less expansion of the components over a 5min run I do not know, but that's what I found on the track at least.

In The Pits: Yokomo R12C, Yokomo MR4-TC Custom, Yokomo MR4-TC Pro, Yokomo MR4-Rally, Tamiya Blitzer Beetle, Tamiya M05.

Driven: Race Red Fiesta ST
Old 04-01-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

It's a lot less (none that I've found) susceptible to slipper fade through the race. On the lower traction tracks I run a loose slipper, and kit one used to fade 3 mins into a race as the slipper heated up. It doesn't do this now with the vented dual plate. I'm happy with it, but if you run a fairly tight slipper then you won't notice much. This one tightened up, will be no different to the kit one.
The slipper does not make the traction better, but it allows the power to be put down less aggressively so not spinning the wheels and therefore driving better in low traction. A lot of times I see people struggling on slippy tracts and they have no slip in their slipper at all.
I think its a worthwhile upgrade if you are on low traction, no so if high traction and running a tighter slipper.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 05-01-2016

Agree with most of that - although I also find it better on high grip, when using a bit of slip to help stop the front wheels lifting when on-power. The standard slipper seemed to tighten over a race distance whereas the vented one seems to remain at a more consistent setting.

In The Pits: Yokomo R12C, Yokomo MR4-TC Custom, Yokomo MR4-TC Pro, Yokomo MR4-Rally, Tamiya Blitzer Beetle, Tamiya M05.

Driven: Race Red Fiesta ST
Old 05-01-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
Agree with most of that - although I also find it better on high grip, when using a bit of slip to help stop the front wheels lifting when on-power. The standard slipper seemed to tighten over a race distance whereas the vented one seems to remain at a more consistent setting.
Fair enough, makes sense. I've only run it one meeting on carpet.
Sounds like you should just get one Matt

I run the Z2-670V - Ventilated dual slipper set and the Z2-670VP - Ventilated slipper plate, replacing both kit plates.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by neallewis; 05-01-2016 at 02:08 PM.
Old 11-01-2016

Thanks for all the replies guys!

Cheers

Matt