Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 02-10-2016

Default Charged Lipo Storage Time

Hi All,

Quick question;- what is the recommended time to keep lipos fully charged?

I didn't use most of my packs today so is it ok to keep them fully charged until next weekend?

Thanks for reading!
Old 02-10-2016

Its not a great idea.

Basically, The electrodes inside the Lipo are more likely to oxidize when the pack is charged. This is what causes the swelling. Some packs are better than others, but essentially, you are causing your battery to age and lose performance much quicker by leaving it charged.

You could argue that "its only a week", but the oxidization process in non reversible. Which means you are just taking some performance out of your batteries that you wont get back!!

Tom
TLR 22-4 2.0, TLR 22 5.0 AC Elite,

Kindly Supported by Trackside Spares, TLR, Spektrum and Horizon Hobby
Old 03-10-2016

complete opposite just for info really - i know you are not supposed to leave batteries charged etc but mine are pretty much all charged - the only ones that are not are the ones i use in finals. if im not running 4wd then i dont use my saddle packs so these could be charged for a month or so without use. the saddles have swollen a bit but still fit in the car however i find they appeared to swell after getting warm when in use rather than when they have been sat for ages. my shorties have no signs of swelling but do get a bit more regular use.

but the correct advise is as the post above (i just cba to get them out and charge each week before meetings)