Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 20-10-2016

Default This is a qusetion About RC car power

I'm a newbie on RC car, I'm short for knowledge about RC. Especial the power, I don't know how to choose a best battery for my car, even though I don't know which one is a good Rc battery. Many people told me to choose 6s lipo battery, 5s lipo battery... I don't know what's the mean of the 6s lipo or 5s lipo ,I only allow their advice.So I bought a 6s lipo battery on Tattu, the battery's Description label shows:“Gens ace 7000mAh 22.2V 60C 6S1P HardCase Lipo Battery Pack” What's the mean of 7000mAh? 60C ? 6s 1P?
Old 20-10-2016

Hi,

first of all never buy a lipo without being sure what are you buying.

7000mAh is the capacity of the battery, the higher the longer run time.
60C is the discharge capability of the lipo. C is the capacity, so in that case is 60*7A=420A
6s1p that is how the lipo is built, you have 6 elements on serie and only one on parallel. 6s is what give you the total voltage of the lipo, in this case 6s = 6*3.7v= 22.2 volts.

Important think is to know if your speedo and motor are built for 6s, if not you are going to burn them.

Best regards
Javier
Old 20-10-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSun View Post
I'm a newbie on RC car, I'm short for knowledge about RC. Especial the power, I don't know how to choose a best battery for my car, even though I don't know which one is a good Rc battery. Many people told me to choose 6s lipo battery, 5s lipo battery... I don't know what's the mean of the 6s lipo or 5s lipo ,I only allow their advice.So I bought a 6s lipo battery on Tattu, the battery's Description label shows:“Gens ace 7000mAh 22.2V 60C 6S1P HardCase Lipo Battery Pack” What's the mean of 7000mAh? 60C ? 6s 1P?
The most important question is...what car are you running..?
Most RC cars run 2s Lipos 7.4v..... 6 cell is way beyond most model cars unless pretty large scale..
Team Associated B4.2
RC10 Worlds