Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 10-01-2016

Default motor foward conversion top deck needed

Anyone got the back part of this top deck for sale I will take both parts if required. It is for the T2 09 motor forward conversion kit (ut us approximately 35mm in length the back piece. Here is a link to more details http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...3&catName=XRAY
Old 10-01-2016

You will struggle I think pal, I bought a T3 12 top deck for mine before I sold it. You have to drill 2 holes if you want to use all needed screws but the car handled so much better with this mod
Old 10-01-2016

ive got a t3 top deck but the problem i see with that is it does not fit properly over the spur bearings
Old 10-01-2016

From memory I cut the old piece of top deck as to leave it holding the lay shaft bearings then fitted the top deck over the top you have to space the front and rear bulkheads up to meet the top deck (eg 2mm ) but this was common with the older cars to gain flex and is becoming more common now with the newer chassis to raise the top deck to give some flex but not as much as the thinner deck.
Old 10-01-2016

thank you for that,it will now be tomorrow nights project
Old 11-01-2016

I can make you one if you want. I can use my top deck as a template. It will be made by hand so won't be quite as neat as the original. I made a front top deck for a mate a few year back as he couldn't get the parts either. PM me if your interested
Old 24-01-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielc3009 View Post
I can make you one if you want. I can use my top deck as a template. It will be made by hand so won't be quite as neat as the original. I made a front top deck for a mate a few year back as he couldn't get the parts either. PM me if your interested
thank you so so much for the offer it is really appreciated, i have however over come the issue now, thanks to all for help and feedback,