Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 10-02-2016

Default Tyre warmers advice?

I'm new to touring cars and need some advice. Got a second hand set of muchmore tyre warmers with no instructions. What temperature should I be heating too? Presumably it would be different depending on track temperature? How long should they be left on for? And finally should additive be put on before heating? Might seem like silly questions but I've been racing 1/12 oval on foam tyres so all this is very new. Cheers
Old 10-02-2016

What chassis do you have? Look on petit rc for setups for your chassis and similar tracks
Usually 60* for 20+ mins, additive first then put Kim wipes or similar lint free cloth over the tyre before putting in the cups. There are some Schumacher setup you tube clips by Chris Grainger showing his take on it
Old 12-02-2016

Tyre additive, 90% MR33 works fine on tarmac outdoors. So it is the safe choice.
Time, around 20-30 minutes
Temperature 55-65 C With higher temps on the track go a bit lower on the warmers.

Procedure,
1. Clean the tires, with brake cleaner or lighter fluid.(first one is more aggressive)
2. Put a thin layer of additive on the tires.
3. Cover the tire with some paper, I use toilet paper, other ones use kitchen rolls.
4. Put the warmer
5. After the time, and before the race be sure that there is no additive on the tires, if there is still some of it, remove it with a more or less clean towel.

Cheers
Javier