Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Scotland

Old 21-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcbaynham View Post
Thanks to all the guys who made the trip up to the north east yesterday, we hope everyone enjoyed the meeting.

Also thanks to Darren and John for running the meeting and doing the commentating, great job and much appreciated!

Finally, thanks to those who were involved in the setup and packing away.

If anyone has anything you think we can improve on for our next round, please let us know.

Marc
Well done to all the guys involved in the race meeting.
The weather was great and the racing was pretty close.
Last Scottish for me for a while as our baby should be here in around 3 to 4 weeks.
I will be attending Colin's charity race next weekend and then all my stuff will be going up the loft!
Good luck to everyone for the rest of the season.
Old 21-05-2012

Good racing as always Kenny, still gutted on missing out my two zeros in qualifying by just 8/10ths.

Shame you cant do more but life is way more important.

It was a great meeting helped by the weather, but i think the Stonehaven club put on a great show.

The track also went down well which i was really pleased with, technical but fast too.
Old 21-05-2012

Default Stonehaven round

Noticed yesterday the standards of the driving & marshalling of the top drivers were very poor.on the marshalling point they dont watch the track to busy talking to their pals. When they do marshal its like they are in slow motion getting the car.these are the guys who shout at us in the lower heats & finals. When they crash.noticed john got a bit heated with jimmy collins during 2wd final.jimmy you are the biggest offender when racing you blame everyone else for your own mistakes. Why dont you try around without moaning about the tracks the marshalls & other drivers.admit defeat in your driving standards.as of john swearing at you i dont blame him.as you are chairman its time you did more. To help out.after all it is mean to be fun & encourage the youngsters not chase them away.rant over great days racing cheers daz & john.
Old 21-05-2012
Mad Member

Everyone has their own opinion but probably best not to start a slagging match on the forum.
Reedy

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63097
Old 21-05-2012

Aron is just voicing his opinion Dave & it's a free world. I restrained myself from posting a post that would've been a horrible rant.

You said too me that i have to chill out but i ask you to be on the end of all the moans etc which i get hit with cause i'm the guy with the mic.

With regards to my out burst at our chairman well i'll first apologies on this public form for my out burst, I also apologise for assuming the best drivers in scotland may manage to complete a lap without an chaos happening. I was trying to let everyone know, mostly the drivers, that 4 people could still win the meeting but being shouted at "want too watch the race rather than dribbling pish" by an SORC official is no way I'll accept being spoken too.

Remember last year we never had a REFEREE to moan at but now we do (me) then the ones who like to moan do so all the more. Look closer to home before you moan & think.

I'll say this on a whole the driving standards have got better this year & we witnessed some truly awesome racing. Jason Liddell's almost wonder pass on Colin McCaffery at the end of the 2nd leg of the B final comes too mind but there were many awesome races at Stonehaven & it's been the best round so far from a spectators view

Scottish 4wd 1/10th Off Road Regional Champion 2010
Scottish 2wd 1/10th Off Road Regional Champion 2011
West Coast Open 4wd Champion 2011
West Coast Open 2wd Champion 2012
Old 22-05-2012

That rant over the microphone was cringe worthy.
Especially as there were members of the public present with kids.
Not a good advert for the sport.
There is no excuse for it.
Old 22-05-2012
Mad Member

This is exactly why I am saying not to start a slagging match. I know everyone has their opinion and I've already told you how much we all appreciate your time but I'd rather see this sorted out at the next meeting rather than on a public forum.

Don't want to overlook what was a really good meeting.
Reedy

My feedback
Old 22-05-2012

Guy when it comes to marshalling we all can be inconstant but it has to stop having a go a people over it. This is one of the sports down falls so we just have deal with it.
Having a referee has made a massif difference to the driving standards and the marshalling as well so thanks John
David H
Old 22-05-2012

Alright chaps,

I'll second what Dave is saying and suggest the SORC committee get together at the next round and have a chin wag (and maybe a hug). There will always be comments and incidents in the heat of the moment, but we just have to keep plugging away reminding folk to be nice and enjoy their racing.

Thanks for all the positive comments about the meeting. Its much appreciated, as we knew we had to perform better than the year before. We will strive to iron out a few issues that remain in time for the next round we host in July.

Thanks to John for what I thought was a sterling effort as referee and commentator. Also many thanks to Dave and Jason for the excellent track layout, Den, Alex, Marc, Paul and Phil for helping setup. (almost worthy of the oscars this...) Also thanks to Mr Miekle for fishing out my 8th scale amphibious vehicle from the river due to Captain Pugwash being at the sticks. (no, I havent tried it yet)
Old 22-05-2012

I haven't been to a meeting this year, and have kind of retired from this level of competition. So I'm not the best person to judge what's happened and why.

But I will say that in the heat of the action, things are said and reacted to, and while it's unfortunate, it is a part of the nature of the sport. It's a fast competitive environment and its what makes the sport exciting. Sometimes the pressures make people say things they regret later.

I think the Scottish scene is getting better every year, the tracks, the organisation and the competition is looking bigger and better, and the facilities just get better as well.

Maybe if there was a complaints form on the sorcinfo.org website, that would help people post their grievances after a meeting, without having to post things on a public forum.

I know it's frustrating when you are annoyed by something that happened, and if there was a way to vent, directly to the committee, wouldn't that be better than an Oople comment?

The complainant then knows it's going to be read, knows it has to be discussed at the next meeting and knows an action or a response has to come back to them.

That would do a lot to help people's frustrations and if these complaints/actions/responses are documented and distributed at the AGM, then surely the racers would have confidence in a system that has accountability and is making changes to make the entire "show" so much better?

This is just a suggestion and it wouldn't take much to setup a form that emails the SORC committee one email per valid submission. It might help...
Old 22-05-2012

So I do what feels like all the work at a race meeting, get all the crap of the day & you's expect me to bite my tongue lol

Old 22-05-2012

LOL John!!!

You do a fine job man! I was just saying that you, James, even Me(?!?) don't always think before shouting or saying something.

No my post was maybe for comments such Aron, who wants to express some disappointment, but without a complaints procedure, he can't do anything else but post on a forum.

It's good to speak but it's more effective if whats said is heard by "the right ears" instead of put here, where not everyone is going to read it.

Besides, it's just chat on a forum. No-one has to do anything about them, do they? That's why I suggested a complaints form. So Aron can put his thoughts into an official mechanism that must be handled, and it takes nothing away from the rest of the good stuff that's happening with Scottish Off-road.

Something for the AGM....

Well done Stoney on what looked a fab event.
Old 22-05-2012
Mad Member

John does a great job on the mic and on the computer. Meeting would be worse off without it for sure. I reckon this could be sorted out with a brief meeting at the next round.

As for Aron, who is he? He didn't race and he only just joined this forum and made one post complaining about 'top' drivers' poor driving and marshalling skills? So we now have people who were not taking part throwing in their tuppence worth? I don't know him and I'm not sure he knows many of us so probably shouldn't be getting involved anyway.

Dave
Reedy

My feedback
Old 22-05-2012

After a chat I will be no longer commentating which unfortunately is the bit I enjoy most & will solely focus on refereeing. As long as the weather is good I'll be trying to get the referee position up on the rostrum

Old 22-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Snake View Post
After a chat I will be no longer commentating which unfortunately is the bit I enjoy most & will solely focus on refereeing. As long as the weather is good I'll be trying to get the referee position up on the rostrum
Thank god for that John does this mean that's the end of the commentators curse??

Guys this is an argument that has been about since the dark ages can we all not go racing and have fun??? That is the primary goal after all is it not?

Everyone is getting uptight by a post by someone who needs to learn to chill out and relax and present there argument at the correct time and not on a public forum. I can say this with a certain level of experience as i was once that person but with age comes experience.
I'm on my way back to rc as many of you dread I mean know!! And I don't want to see the old bitching still going on That was pointless and got you nowhere.

John if tere is anything I can help with to resolve this and have your cursed ways and smart cheeky comments screwing up my racing again give me a call it wouldn't be the same without the racing snake
Old 23-05-2012

Hi All

Firstly let me Apologise to John for my Outburst!! yes at the head of the table this should have not happened. I have had time to reflect on my actions and i Apologise to the rest of the racers that were there on sunday.

So Please we can stop the discussion this and look forward to round 4 See you all then

thanks

Jim C

Schumacher Racing www.racing-cars.com

SMD www.s-m-d.co.uk

Scoonie Hobbies www.scoonie-hobbies.co.uk

Bruce's Models
Old 24-05-2012

Here are some cracking photos from the Stonehaven round...

https://plus.google.com/photos/11107...COPuseDH-NbSNA
RB6 MM, Carbon RB6 RM & RB5 MCS #18

www.sdrcc.co.uk & www.grampianrcc.co.uk