Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Scotland

Old 15-10-2010

Latest update.

First container should be onsite next week, we will use this as storage. Astro turf should also be delivered.

Track markers will arrive shortly after.

We will need old car inner tubes to cut up to use to hold the track down, if you have any keep a hold of them.

After visiting the track the last time, priority is to get the car parks and hard standing for the containers in. Currently waiting on pricing.

Once this is completed we can get containers in situ, rostrum can be made at any time then.
Old 25-10-2010

Track markers are now onsite, these were brought up from Tamworth by Andrew Edwards. These were supplied FOC from the BRCA.

We should find out later this week, but we may have material available for the car park soon, we will need a roller suitable for tarmac and possibly a small jcb to make it easier to move the material, anyone with contacts for these please get in touch.

Once this is done we will be able to get the container (if more are available we can do them as well) in situ.

Track construction will start as soon as car park and containers are in organised.
Old 27-10-2010

Here's the first image from site, there's a lot of work to do to make this a track, but it can be done.

The first container is now onsite, along with the track markers and some astroturf. Unfortunately the source for our astroturf buried the majority of it, but I have a plan B

More info as it happens.
Old 05-11-2010

Looks wicked, i am already collecting RC for the start of the 2011 season
Old 07-11-2010

Default Site Access

How do you get access to the site???
Old 16-11-2010

when is build due to start?

thanks
Old 16-11-2010

It's started, where were you

We've marked out where the track and rostrum are going. We plan to have 1 weekend onsite before xmas to dig out car park, mark boundary. We should also be able to mark out main features on track.

Will announce when we plan to go onsite as we are trying to source road planings for the car park.

Access is via 2 methods, if the motocross are on the gate at the South side will be open, this is on the Authertool road. If that gate is closed we need to access from the North, drive through Cardenden and in via the farm. I'll post better instructions once we plan to go onsite.
Old 16-11-2010

Just like to add a dozen 2x2 slabs are required. Anyone know of someone wanting rid of them get in touch.

We will hopefully be visiting the venue at least once before end of year, car park will be dug out, marked with tyres, and road planings used to surface the car park. Should end up with a nice tarmac car park.

We will also be locating the slabs for the container base, ready for it being moved into situ later.

All going well we may skim the track as well and start laying the foundations for the track, ready for the astroturf in 2011. Astro turf will hopefully be delivered to site pre 2011.

I'll obviously be looking for volunteers to help out at the track, probably a Saturday as people will want to race on a Sunday, unless we know there is no racing planned in advance.

Reminder we will also be looking for membership money ASAP, this will be required to ensure this is ready to race on early next year. If you see me at a race meeting don't be shy throwing money at me
Old 17-11-2010

Looks like ill need to start saving for a new car asap.
Old 17-11-2010

With the SORC AGM cancelled this weekend, we are going to pop along to the track, nothing to hard or adventurous being done. If you want to see what the venue is all about pop along. Basically we will be marking off the car park ready for it being dug out, and then the tarmac can be put down at a later date. We will also be marking out key parts of the track, and possibly laying some slabs for the container. Onsite is currently set at 11am.

Directions: Head along the A92 eastbound towards Kirkcaldy. When you get to the Lochgelly turn off exit up the slip road. At the top of the slip road reset your mileage trip.

Turn right (over the A92) and at the small roundabout take the Authertool road (approx at 10 o'clock on the rounabout) for 2.2 miles. Stay on the main road, don't go to Auchtertool, you will go through an S bend at a farm. Keep going until you reach the forest on the left, the green entrance gate is on the left set back from the road in the forest. It is exactly 2.2 miles from the top of the slip road at Lochgelly.
Old 22-11-2010

All those that indicated they would like membership of NORA, please fill in a membership form as soon as possible (downloadable from www.ddrcc.co.uk) and pay your fees. We have a VERY limited amount of memberships available with indoor pits, after they are gone you will need to supply your own tents etc.

The quicker I get the membership fees the quicker the venue will progress. Last weekend we marked off the area for the tarmac car park and started on the track. There will be a lot of work in the next few weeks and hopefully it will start to take shape.
Old 23-11-2010

Nice Form Derek, (direct link to form) but I'm struggling to find a return postal address.

Royal Mail are good, especially at this time of year, but they may need a bit more info than "Mike Spence (Secretary)".
I mean, it's not as if he's Kris Kringle...
Old 10-12-2010

I have every faith in Royal Mail, just received your membership form today, who says it's only Kris Kringle that gets mail at this time of year.

I'll let you all know how many membership spaces are left after the last week of the club this year, but we are limited to a maximum of 13 at the moment, some of these have gone already.

When I previously asked who was interested in membership, I had interest from more than the 13 spaces available, so if you want the indoor pits option act quick. There will of course be plenty of memberships available if you want to supply your own tents etc.
Old 24-01-2011

Date for your diaries:

Saturday 5th February 2011

1st work weekend at the track, don't be shy.

The more people that help the better this facility will be.

I'll post more details once I know them, just exactly what we're looking to achieve on the day and times.
Kyosho DB1
Kyosho DB2
Kyosho Turbo Ultima
Kyosho Optima
Schumacher Atom
NORA - Northern Off-Road Arena - www.ddrcc.co.uk
Trader Feedback: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49044
Old 31-01-2011

OK, plan for weekend.

The farmer will be digging out the car park, this will be filled with tarmac in the next week or so. We need to dig in some tyres on the perimeter to help keep it's shape.

Next job is the main one, we need to lay slabs to act as feet for both containers. We have ordered slabs and sand for the weekend.

We will also be moving soil to the track to fill in holes, as well as starting on the features.

Tools to bring are spades, shovels, pick axe, rake, wheel barrow, spirit level, string, tape measure (50 meter). anything else you think would be usefull for laying slabs and working on the actual track.

If anyone wants to pay membership money I'll take that on saturday as well, only 6 pit spaces left.

Any questions pm me, same if your not sure about directions.

Start time will be 9:30am onsite, 30 minutes discussion over the plans for the venue, and then get started at 10:00. finsih for 1pm at latest.
Kyosho DB1
Kyosho DB2
Kyosho Turbo Ultima
Kyosho Optima
Schumacher Atom
Old 31-01-2011

We are going to need 4 pallet trucks in the next couple of weeks to move the containers, if anyone has access to one let me know. Hopefully it will just be for a couple of hours from start to finish.

Also looking for someone that works with ride on mowers, needing advice, please pm me.
Kyosho DB1
Kyosho DB2
Kyosho Turbo Ultima
Kyosho Optima
Schumacher Atom
Old 03-02-2011

Update for next couple of weeks work:

This Saturday (5th Feb) we will putting in the infrastructure for the car park and containers. Depending how many people are there, we will also do some track work. The weather is not brilliant today, but forecast for weekend is sun. I'm sure there won't be that much sun so make sure you wrap up well, it's still winter.

During next week the car park will go in, and next weekend we plan on moving the containers into situ.

Hopefully before the end of the month we will have the pit tables completed, and rostrum up.
Kyosho DB1
Kyosho DB2
Kyosho Turbo Ultima
Kyosho Optima
Schumacher Atom
Old 04-02-2011

HOW TO FIND NORA..... MAPS AND PHOTOS AND SAT NAV INFO.

I'm not a member yet but hoping to come along tomorrow to help with the track build, see the venue, get some info from the regulars.

I think I'm right in thinking that the location is here... (click link to see a Google Map)

From the directions posted on this forum I think access is at the B marker I made, off Mill Street, a track heading North into the trees...

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&so...27466&t=h&z=16

(Click on Map or Satellite box on the top right to toggle between real map and aerial photo. Zoom in and out on the left hand slider. etc etc)

Don't think I can generate a specific postcode for it for your Sat Navs, but the co-ordinates for the access road are...
+56° 7' 31.01", -3° 14' 6.45" (56.125280, -3.235125)

Actual DORA location, once you have turned into the access road is...
+56° 7' 53.92", -3° 14' 40.57" (56.131645, -3.244604)

The nearest postcode is KY2 5YF

but that is someones house down a nearby road, the wrong road! Here's a map of that house so you can see what not to do!
Wrong house is Marker A, access to Nora is Marker B...

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&so...,0.054932&z=15

While I'm at it, here is what your looking for, a photo of the access into the wood from the main road...

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&so...2,50.7,,0,9.85

Once you are in the trees, keep driving, past the motorbike track on your right hand side and the site is just a little further, on the right in a field, over a fence...

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&so...43.17,,0,14.14

Hope this helps. No excuses for saying you couldn't find it now!
Old 04-02-2011

Shorty, your direction are correct.

See you tomorrow.
Kyosho DB1
Kyosho DB2
Kyosho Turbo Ultima
Kyosho Optima
Schumacher Atom
Old 05-02-2011

Well the weather was perfect for the track work, no rain or wind.

A lot of progress was made, track feature foundations are down, these will be covered with soil at the next work day. The track was certainly wet, but considering the amount of rain that had fallen overall it was looking good.

It was decided not to dig the car park out today, this will be done just before the tarmac arrives.

Foundations went down for the containers, lets hope we measured correctly.

Next steps are to dig out carpark mid week, tarmac will be put down which will allow containers to be moved into situ next weekend.

Thanks to everyone that turned up to help with the work, perhaps those that said they would be there but didn't make it for whatever reason will be able to help the next time.

Pictures are on the club site at the progress update document.
Kyosho DB1
Kyosho DB2
Kyosho Turbo Ultima
Kyosho Optima
Schumacher Atom