Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Oswestry Radio Car Club

Old 13-05-2012
Mad Member

Thank you to everyone who raced at the Oswestry GP today - we really appreciate it and hope you all had a good time. From my point of view it was good to see such a wide range of talent and experience racing side by side in a competitive event. There were people racing who had never raced in a meeting outside a club night and the ones I spoke to said they really enjoyed the experience. I saw many examples of experienced drivers giving a helping hand to the newer and younger racers so many thanks to them.

Considering this was the first time we have run this event and with it being on the same day as a national we were pleased with the turn-out. If we do the same again I am sure we would attract even more drivers. The big question for me is if we do it on the same day as a National again? Doing so allows a large population of non F1 drivers to shine. If we open it up to everyone I wonder if the club racers would want to participate. This is something we will need to consider over the next few months.

Anyway, thank you again and well done to all those who came away with silverware. (which I didnt :)

N
Old 14-05-2012

I had a great time at my first outdoor event for 17 years! I didn't do as well as i'd have liked to but I came away with a trophy and learned a lot!!

Great meeting guys well done!

Associated B5M, Team C TC02C, Team Durango DEX410v3
Old 14-05-2012

big shout out to all the oz boys a top meeting a awesome track that you could race on so big thank you to neil ,ash and all the rest of the oz guys
Old 14-05-2012

what an awesome day ! truly amazed with the track and congratulations to the comitee . the meeting ran soooo smooth ! top day ! finished 5th aswell ! BOOM