Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 07-03-2016

Default Disappointment in durango

We'll have to say I am very disappointed with durango I have been a loyal customer for many years when received my 210f today (big thanks to insideline) when opened the box I found they no longer supply wheels with the kit and at nearly 300pound am very disappointed if I knew this I could of ordered when getting the kit now I have to make a second order to get wheels it is not made clear by no means spoken to hobbico and wasn't very helpful this is the part in the read up that surpose to tell you there is no wheels witch isn't a straight answer I think

Old 07-03-2016

Whilst it is a little stingy for that price, it's hardly the end of the world. I'm sure the vast majority of people who aren't buying this as their first ever buggy have got some sets of wheels and tyres they'd be using anyway.

The wording is a little iffy, but there is a link at the bottom of the page to a list of specifications and required items, where 12 or 14mm hex wheels are clearly listed. Although it isn't immediately obvious, it's not as though they advertise it as coming with wheels, so there's no mis-selling or (in my opinion) deliberate underhand selling tactics going on. It just hasn't been laid out as clearly as it could have been.
Old 07-03-2016
Mad Member

Pretty poor if you ask me I'm with the original poster
Old 07-03-2016

Ye I understand with the various size hex wheels and that some manufacturers dont supply wheels and yes I have other wheels that I could fit but like most people when getting a new kit like fitting all new an not used wheels also as Durango have always supplied wheels yes you would usually expect them in there and yes I know they don't cost much but when you start adding delivery on it ends up turning in to 10/15pound
Old 07-03-2016

Go on Hobbico, keep sticking it to the man. I had enough of them when spares for my V4 were non exsistant, but I can only imagine other brands love it when they release a new product... more potential customers for them in the future.
Next it will be- no transmission included, allowing you to choose from a rear motor, mid motor 3 gear or 4 gear tranny, all at extra cost.
Old 07-03-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piles View Post
Go on Hobbico, keep sticking it to the man. I had enough of them when spares for my V4 were non exsistant, but I can only imagine other brands love it when they release a new product... more potential customers for them in the future.
Next it will be- no transmission included, allowing you to choose from a rear motor, mid motor 3 gear or 4 gear tranny, all at extra cost.
Also no thread locker in kit or black grease for transmission yet doesn't say its not provided any over Durango kit I had has always been included real good start to a build this is turning out
Old 07-03-2016

I have just built my dex210f and was supprised and slightly miffed that it came with no wheels, greases or oils in the kit. It's by no means a major issue but it's a niggle for sure. The kit went together just fine and I expect it to go great but I would like to of seen these things included. Oh and one more thing......the body is so ugly it's hurts to look at it.
Old 07-03-2016

It will be interesting to see that if in few months and they have not sold many kits if the price comes down and are discounted by 50% or bogof, let alone having spares in stock.
Old 08-03-2016
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adey View Post
I have just built my dex210f and was supprised and slightly miffed that it came with no wheels, greases or oils in the kit. It's by no means a major issue but it's a niggle for sure. The kit went together just fine and I expect it to go great but I would like to of seen these things included. Oh and one more thing......the body is so ugly it's hurts to look at it.
The bodyshell has been beaten with the ugly stick mate, its hideous, which is odd on such a lovely chassis!
Wonder if the RZ6 shell would fit, probably cost more than a kidney, but worth a look?

Lee
Old 08-03-2016

For a £300 kit you expect wheels and lubricants. What's next, not including bearings so you can choose which type you want. On another note I wonder what other use the Durango guys have found for the grease and lubricants
Old 08-03-2016
Mad Member

Losi 22.3 comes with full bottle of shock oil, 2 full sets of wheels(yellow and white), thread lock, black grease, clear grease for the diffs, and a pre-cut bodyshell.
it also has better part support from Horizon uk and a uk based race team to help with setups etc.
its also cheaper than the majority of other 2wds on the market and is a pleasure to drive.

i owned a durango 210 when they first came out, and gave up when i couldnt get parts for it.
Old 08-03-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

No wheels included is a very poor show, given the cost of the kits. I wonder what the thinking was behind this choice not to include them? Including standard old 14mm hex would be obvious choice, but they are obsolete, so they would have been slammed for it. 12mm hex are now standard, but I suspect the kit development cost didn't run to making new wheel moulds, which is why they don't include any.
You would have thought they would have bought in an existing generic 12mm wheel design from someone, Iike the ones used in the press/promo photos?

No greases or fluids is just tight. Small bottle of shock and diff oils, and a little bit of moly grease in a tub or even a bag isn't the end of the world, but it is to a first time kit builder. Now most racers will have the fluid/grease needed, but that's not the point.

Does it detail what's not included or required to finish on the box at all? by rights it should do.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 08-03-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
No wheels included is a very poor show, given the cost of the kits. I wonder what the thinking was behind this choice not to include them? Including standard old 14mm hex would be obvious choice, but they are obsolete, so they would have been slammed for it. 12mm hex are now standard, but I suspect the kit development cost didn't run to making new wheel moulds, which is why they don't include any.
You would have thought they would have bought in an existing generic 12mm wheel design from someone, Iike the ones used in the press/promo photos?

No greases or fluids is just tight. Small bottle of shock and diff oils, and a little bit of moly grease in a tub or even a bag isn't the end of the world, but it is to a first time kit builder. Now most racers will have the fluid/grease needed, but that's not the point.

Does it detail what's not included or required to finish on the box at all? by rights it should do.
No unless you look inside the manual also it states to use moly grease and thread lock but at the start of the manual no mention of either in parts require to build apart from diff/shock oils
Old 08-03-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

There is no excuse for this - just plain tight.

Everyone likes a nice fresh set of wheels on a new kit - it's expected that there will be one set at the very least.

Also new - fresh grease etc is always used on a new build. I never 'buy' any as I use what comes with a kit.

Custom Painted Bodyshells by me ! www.shillyshells.co.uk

http://www.shillyshells.co.uk
Old 08-03-2016

Durango do seem to have a habit of shooting themselves in the foot. I am starting to wonder if they're doing it on purpose and laughing their arses off back at the head office. They're testing our resolve to see just how much they can niggle everyone before they give up and go elsewhere.
Old 08-03-2016

For some reason guess what, both the 12 hex conversion and the special front axels are out of stock in the main warehouse, so you are forced to run the 14 mm hex wheels. it sure is a total dissapointment, my dex210v1 was a brilliant car and would still be driving Durango but for the very poor after sales support and this does smell of penny pinching.
Old 08-03-2016

Well, I love the Durango buggys and have ran a 410 for a while now and have just got the new 410v5. The build quality is spot on as always and as with everything in life you cant always please everyone. No wheels, not a biggy really as most racers have there own and as for grease, threadlock and shock oil, most racers would use there own preferred brand. I have a draw full of the ones in other kits I've bought and never used. This would only be useful for beginners and entry level and im guessing that when they bought the kit, the model shop would have advised what they needed and what they would have to buy as extra. (this kit in particular is aimed at the serious racer anyway) The price for the 4wd (not 2wd) is competitive with the market and I'm guessing that if 'It was the in thing' and everyone had one, these things wouldn't be mentioned....

I looking forward to the v5's first run....
Team Corally
Exotek

www.batleybuggyclub.com
www.rccarshop.co.uk

Trader Feedback http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169814
Old 08-03-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulFarrand View Post
Well, I love the Durango buggys and have ran a 410 for a while now and have just got the new 410v5. The build quality is spot on as always and as with everything in life you cant always please everyone. No wheels, not a biggy really as most racers have there own and as for grease, threadlock and shock oil, most racers would use there own preferred brand. I have a draw full of the ones in other kits I've bought and never used. This would only be useful for beginners and entry level and im guessing that when they bought the kit, the model shop would have advised what they needed and what they would have to buy as extra. (this kit in particular is aimed at the serious racer anyway) The price for the 4wd (not 2wd) is competitive with the market and I'm guessing that if 'It was the in thing' and everyone had one, these things wouldn't be mentioned....

I looking forward to the v5's first run....
Don't get me wrong I have stuck with Durango for many years think the 210f is great and yes I have lots of pre glued rims but come on everybody likes to put all new on an yes there only 4/5pound a pair but then add rears at the same cost and the delivery and your 290pound kit come on really an as for thread locker never had to buy any as you always got them neat little bottle with new kits in durangos an the grease ye some may have preferred brands I just use what you did get with a Durango as I am not spending money on some big name molly grease ain't goin to gain me 2 laps I ain't Neil crag so the kit stuff works fine for me

Last edited by corsa148; 08-03-2016 at 01:49 PM.
Old 08-03-2016
Mad Member

For a 2wd kit to be listed at £299 on the website and not to include wheels or the extra little bits is just a rip off
Old 08-03-2016

Aside from the issues of no wheels or lubes etc, what does everyone think of the car itself ?.