Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Old 27-10-2007

Default arranging a meeting at bury metro

it says on the site if ppl can get together and arrange something then we can run a meeting over the winter just let roger know.
does anyone fancy this next week or week after if weathers ok?

Can we address the commitee members to attend or help setup a meeting as the amount of interest in the club is decenting.
thank you
chris

Last edited by losichris; 27-10-2007 at 11:14 AM. Reason: merr
Old 27-10-2007

rubish
Old 27-10-2007

Just thort id add to the thread as there has been 60 views and not one reply.
ive been racing at bury metro now since the late 90's and the amount of ppl attending club meetings the second half of this year is a complete joke!!
There are 2 clubs in the northwest and people would rather travel hundreds of miles to a track consisting of man-made obsticals when theres a purpose built track thats always well maintained and in great shape right on their doorstep.

COMMON PPL SUPORT YOUR LOCAL CLUB
Old 27-10-2007
Mad Member

Definitely, I love "racing" at bury, Not practicing with 3 other people.

If we could sort a winter series out with other clubs maybe this would spark some interest and get numbers up. (maybe a bit late now)
Old 27-10-2007
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to mattym0310

although this is not my local club [i come from york] i wud love to get down there at some point during the winter. or try atleast

Team Associated b4
Team Associated b44
Old 27-10-2007

exactly mike, im totally sick of going down every sunday and following myself around the track with 2 or 3 other people, frankly its getting boring.
The club needs some organization and help, it seems the only interest is when a national or regional meeting is held.
if we can get a few date over the winter, maybe in december or january then thats better than nothing.
at them moment tho its looking very bleak
Old 27-10-2007

Chris

You asked to address the committee members - well I am one, and here I am.

I can't make tomorrow or next Sunday due to other stuff with the family. How about a push towards arranging a meeting on Sunday November 11th, subject to Roger's agreement.

I am willing to get there early, open up, and build a track.

Let's get some names on this thread for those who WILL attend, here's the first one - Curtis Hatcliffe.

I'll speak to Roger about fixing some winter dates, maybe one Sunday per month avoiding the big indoor meetings. We tried this a couple of years ago and it was quite successful, although the weather spoiled a few Sundays (I remember me & Woody stood debating whether we could race in 3 inches of snow )

Rob
Old 27-10-2007

cheers for replying Rob.
its not just winter racing or lack of as the case my be, its throughout the summer as well,people just arnt bothering.
we need as many names as possible and we can get a mini series going or something.
Old 28-10-2007

I understand your point Chris, but let's go one step at a time eh?

Let's try to get some names down for a meeting on 11th November before we start worrying about anything else.

Anyone else coming??
Old 28-10-2007

cool
maybe we could get a sticky on this forum, maybe give us an idea on numbers?
dont see why the NW lads cant come down for a club meeting outdoors instead of going elsewhere.
Old 28-10-2007
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

11th November is a Batley indoors meet.. not a good idea to clash with them if you want to get a good turn out.
Old 28-10-2007

ye i was going to suggest the 18th unless somewhere else is running..weather permitting
Old 28-10-2007

Thanks Paul, I didn't realise that.

18th November then, any takers? I know it's a few weeks away but we can at least set the ball rolling.
Old 29-10-2007
Mad Member

ME. Ill be there 18th November. Speak to Roger and lets open a new thread, Bury metro winter series round 1.

Whens Kiddy regional on ????
Old 29-10-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I live 2 miles away, but if Bury don't want a national for 2008 there is no point in me going. I need to get results and to do that I need to practice on the tracks that are going to hold them.

There are many other racers like this, lots infact. The trouble is now there is not enough 'new blood' to build the core of the racing loyalty, there is no structured club series, and there is no shop in Bury selling kits to introduce new comers like Ste Glover used to.

Id like Bury to survive, but it needs a core loyalty like Southport have, as it can't rely on the racers who have no loyalty and will basically go where the biggest race will be, or where the practice will be useful for a national.

Chris
Old 29-10-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislong View Post
I live 2 miles away, but if Bury don't want a national for 2008 there is no point in me going.

Id like Bury to survive, but it needs a core loyalty like Southport have, as it can't rely on the racers who have no loyalty Chris
Chris, you have been a Bury member for a long time, and as you say, you live just 2 miles away.

Should it not be a case of seeing what you can do for the club, rather than what the club can do for you and your racing ambitions??

Back to the thread...........anyone else able to commit themselves to racing on the 18th November??
Old 29-10-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Rob , long before you got involved with your token effort, Me and my parents took control of the club when Ste Glover left it to fall by the wayside, and the club never shut, it changed its name from Bury Model Shop Buggy Club to Bury Metro Radio Car Club. We got the rent reduced from an astronomical figure.

SO don't pull that card out, it doesn't go down well with me, especially when you put no prep work into the track for the national - yes, I WAS there for that along with the Woody's, Stu Hurley, several members...

If I was still racing at just regional and club level, then I certainly would commit myself to helping Roger & Stu, as I see it, the real committee is mainly just father & son and they don't get the help required which is a shame, so when the national and NE regional comes around, it goes back to my dad, John O'Connor and volunteers to assist Roger & Stu, they end up frustrated and unappreciated and national doesn't get applied for.
Old 29-10-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislong View Post
SO don't pull that card out, it doesn't go down well with me, especially when you put no prep work into the track for the national - yes, I WAS there for that along with the Woody's, Stu Hurley, several members...
One of those "several members" was actually me Chris. We chatted for a while whilst painting kerbs red & white. I gave Stu Hurley a lift.

Not going to argue with you on here, I just want to help the club with my "token efforts".
Old 29-10-2007
Stu-Perstar

Well! this is whats going to happen. IF nobody comes racing then WE dont put in for a big meeting. When the committee dont even help most of the time, WHATS the point. MY Dad( Roger ) has kept this club open for TOO long with only a handfull of people turning up every week and even they are now going else where. Just think about it? Who is going to do it if Roger just decides not to come anymore? NO ONE. It will close and there is not going to be a club. WE do have a GREAT oppotunity right now as the Counsil have offered to make us a new track! I dont know how far this is off but it is there. If no body races, then whats the point of a new track? This is a club members club and if there is no members then there is no club. Get It!!!!!!!!!!!! IF you want the club to stay then please come to the meeting.
Old 29-10-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobHatcliffe View Post
One of those "several members" was actually me Chris. We chatted for a while whilst painting kerbs red & white. I gave Stu Hurley a lift.
My bad, sorry Rob.

Anyway, the 18th suits me, weather permitting I will be there.... and will try to persuade some of the York lads to come too.

Good news on the tracks Stu. If it does go ahead, then count me in for helping out on Saturdays and evenings on weekdays.