Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > BRCA 1/10th OFF ROAD - 2011

Old 19-09-2011

Default .

dont know if anyone will have one but if anyones got a video of the 2wd k final could they send it to me please
Old 19-09-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

Ed is an ex Electric national driver, few years back now. He would most certainly be a known quantity to the section committee.
Old 19-09-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_B View Post
Even so it's a different class.
It is a different class, But its still the same thing, They obviously knew somthing as he was in the top heat.[/QUOTE]

So are you wanting all F1s banned regardless of class?
Old 19-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyscott View Post
It is a different class, But its still the same thing, They obviously knew somthing as he was in the top heat.
So are you wanting all F1s banned regardless of class?[/QUOTE]

So there was more than one then
Old 19-09-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
It is a different class, But its still the same thing, They obviously knew somthing as he was in the top heat.
So are you wanting all F1s banned regardless of class?[/QUOTE]

Errrmmm, absolutley, i dont really think its fair to have an ex F1 from however many years ago they were an F1 to be able to compete at either the 345s or the F2s.

Isnt the 345 competition supposed to be a competition of 345 standard drivers? Its a bit unfair if an ex F1 comes as they are more than likely to be top 5, im not having a dig at any ex F1 driver who has won recently or in the past, just my opinion!
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback
Old 19-09-2011

Quote:

So there was more than one then[/QUOTE]

Again F1s from how long ago etc?

We've got some ex F1 TC racers at our club and they've struggled. My point being is that just because they are an F1 in another class doesn't mean they can deliver in 1/10th off road.

Equally we have another F1 TC driver at TORCH who has adjusted and is fast.

My mate is also an ex TC IC star, but has long since retired so he's turned his hand to off road, so should he not be permitted???
Old 19-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris68nufc View Post
Errrmmm, absolutley, i dont really think its fair to have an ex F1 from however many years ago they were an F1 to be able to compete at either the 345s or the F2s.

Isnt the 345 competition supposed to be a competition of 345 standard drivers? Its a bit unfair if an ex F1 comes as they are more than likely to be top 5, im not having a dig at any ex F1 driver who has won recently or in the past, just my opinion![/QUOTE]

Charlie Frazer said to Ashley its about time someone not ex F1 driver to get the F345 trophey . Most of the Names on the trophey were ex F1 that had had time off from racing.They are still bloody quick drivers if they were F1s at sometime in there racing career.

Team Schumacher
Old 19-09-2011

And hats off to Ashley for getting it done and he beat the lot including any ex F1 or F2s!
Old 19-09-2011

We've got some ex F1 TC racers at our club and they've struggled. My point being is that just because they are an F1 in another class doesn't mean they can deliver in 1/10th off road.

Equally we have another F1 TC driver at TORCH who has adjusted and is fast.

My mate is also an ex TC IC star, but has long since retired so he's turned his hand to off road, so should he not be permitted???[/QUOTE]

TC i can understand them strugling as they race on flat ground. You stated that he was a F1 1/8th driver which i think is very simlar as they run on the same sort of tracks. Anyway im with chris have to agree mate.
Old 19-09-2011

Quote:

TC i can understand them strugling as they race on flat ground. You stated that he was a F1 1/8th driver which i think is very simlar as they run on the same sort of tracks. Anyway im with chris have to agree mate.
I don't really want to get drawn into this.

Essentially well done to both winners, well done to the club and well done to the BRCA

Great final lap by Ross too

I'm and F5 and always have been and prob will be.
Old 20-09-2011

Not taking sides on the F1/F2 issue but if you feel strongly about it then propose a rule change at the Section AGM.
Old 20-09-2011
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
F1 1/8th level. He's v fast and won epr winter series last year. Even so it's a different class.
In 1/8th there is no formulas like we have in 1/10th.
I am sure there is a rule that if a F1 within the past 5 years then one cannot compete. Then there is another rule demoting of peoples formulars so that makes them eligible in years to come.
I understand many thinking that if once a F1 driver then you have a certain amount of skill but i can assure you that if you have a break away from the sport, it takes in my opinion even more effort to get to the level one was therefore the rules are OK.
Like someone else has already suggested - if you don't like the rule then suggest another for the AGM that is nearly upon us.

If there is a rule that needs to be changed or added is that all competotors for these events (F3/4/5 and F2s) should at least compete at the regional events of that year to qualify. Even at only the one meeting. That rule is not currently in place!!
Old 20-09-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

would it not be better to get your F grade after the regionals,then enter the finals for that grade,rather than be given the F2 for next year,but be an F3,4,5 finals on last years F grade,if an old F1 races through the year they will be in the right final at the end of the year,

TRADE FEED BACK.... http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34486
Old 20-09-2011
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by reg View Post
would it not be better to get your F grade after the regionals,then enter the finals for that grade,rather than be given the F2 for next year,but be an F3,4,5 finals on last years F grade,if an old F1 races through the year they will be in the right final at the end of the year,
It would make sense and would be true to the time frame too but I am sure there is a reason for the F grades to be active FROM the beginning of the following year.
I agree though - it should be from the end of the regionals and Nationals for the end of year FINALS
Old 20-09-2011

That still wouldnt help the fact that some people are un happy about ex F1's been in the meeting that have been demoted etc. due to not racing or changing class.
Old 20-09-2011

Let's be honest you're not going to please / satisfy everyones requirements.
Old 20-09-2011

Quote:
Let's be honest you're not going to please / satisfy everyones requirements.
I know it only my option but if a returning racer decided to enter a eos final they can only drop one formula as surely they is a chance for them if they are a little rusty but should still be able to race with others with the same level of skill.

I dunno how the Brca would keep track of this tho !
Old 20-09-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Big G Send a message via Skype™ to Big G

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewCaunt View Post
Charlie Frazer said to Ashley its about time someone not ex F1 driver to get the F345 trophey . Most of the Names on the trophey were ex F1 that had had time off from racing.They are still bloody quick drivers if they were F1s at sometime in there racing career.
Didn't Charlie Ware win last year? i wasn't aware he was ex-F1 (if he is my apologies)
Old 20-09-2011

Hi All.
I am trying to pick up on a number of points here.
1. The 1/10th section year runs from January 1st to 31st Dec. to allow all regional reps time to administer their region, calculate regional results and F Grades prior to verification by the Section for publication ,usually October/November time each year for the following year. Admin takes time and there are 11 Regions to coordinate, so this would be impossible to achieve prior to the End of Season Finals each year.
2. It is a fact that the F345 event is often won by returning drivers. The current rules forbid any ex-F1 entering within the previous five years F grade time frame (effectively six years). Indeed any F1 who has achieved a top 15 1/10th Off-Road National Result (top 15 for a series) can never enter the F345's.
These are the restrictions which are currently in place but as has been said - rule changes can be made at the AGM each year.
3. How do the BRCA 1/10th Off-Road Section keep track on drivers formula's etc over time - meticulous records kept by the Section Chairman.
I hope this answers a few concerns.
Regards
Old 20-09-2011

Hi Big G.
You are of course right and I said the same thing to Charlie Ware last year at Silverstone.