Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 02-03-2015

Default Cats tales & Rats

Thought I'd better come clean about my Kitty Cats. (Guilty pleasure). Can't remember how I got my first one, (but thanks to whoever sold it to me!) It was incomplete, rough 'n ready, and came with plenty of shagged spares... I had 'sort of' 7/8th of one and 1/2 of another in a box.
So I've been slowly building up one (cream coloured Schuey wheels), that's pretty damn close to original, with many new parts (though you'll notice I need longer front springs and rear wing mounts, (what else can you pick?) I recently found and fitted original slot head screws, just need a few more now and it'll be very very close to original. The long parts search (and I ain't finished yet) has been a bit hair-raising, with a weird mixture of seller's generosity and gold diggers! (That rear shock mount is identical material to the chassis plates, maybe it's a Schumacher part, what dya reckon?)
Shockers are HiCaps (is that right?)
The second car (white JC wheels) is 'my take' on a Procat. With this one I haven't worried about originality, it has my self-made chassis (laid up with Carbon/Kevlar), a self-fabricated rear outer transmission cover - couldn't find one to buy so I bit the bullet and made one out of polycarbonate sheet, looks nice, transparent, so you can see all the belts misaligning! (see pic bottom right). Has Cougar steering parts, various other self-made bits. Mainly new or unworn components (though I'll keep improving it).
Finally, there's the RATCAT. (Green wheels). As found this little bleeder looks like it has spent the last 25 years gathering dust in someone's loft. It's really too good to restore dya think? (The only reason you didn't get it was because the seller didn't know what it was, so didn't advertise it as a Schumacher or Procat etc). Or maybe I'm kidding myself and I was the only mug out there to fork out a hundred Aussie roubles for this heap!
Anyway, I love it like a mum loves her ugliest snotty little kid.

Thanks to all you fellers who have helped me out with parts and advice.

-Jools

Old 02-03-2015

Nice cars, and that clear transmission cover looks nice.
Old 02-03-2015
Awesome Admin

Looks like you've got your work cut out but good base cars and like Henk said I'm also loving the trans cover very cool.

The rear shock mount you have is off an XLS and the one you have on your carbon chassid car looks like a bosscat one. I have an Atomic Carbon bosscat one on my Procat for more adjustability over the standed one and it's 3mm thick.

And I also like you cougar steering setup was that out of choice to centralise the weight or out of necessity? I run my own modified SX3 setup

Old 05-03-2015

Mmm your steering setup looks nice. TBH I used the cougar parts just because I had 'em spare. I made all the pivot posts links etc (I have a little ol' ancient lathe), but even though I've minimised slop and lost motion it's still too much. (Way too much for a flier). Sometime I'll devise a more direct linkage.