Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > General Car Talk > Academy

Old 20-06-2008

Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default New shock setup

I just redid my shocks and used some titanium shock shafts that I found that fits the GV2. I posted all the stuff I used along with the part numbers for anyone that wants to try it. My shocks feel better than when they where new.

Tonight when I get home from work I will work on my new shock setup. I found some of the gold Titanium coated shock shafts that are 50mm like the GV2 has in the rear. I will try that along with the Traxxas blue o rings that they use in their Big Bore shocks (I had those shocks before and they didn't leak so I think it will work great). After I get the rears down I will post on how it turned out and how they feel on my car.

I also have some titanium ones for the front of the car as well. They are 4mm longer shafts but when I'm done with everything they will work out abouot the same as stock.

If it all works out I will post part numbers for everything so when you replace your orings and shock shafts you can have an option. So farjust messing around only thing I found is that you need to use a little bigger e clip to hold the shock piston on but that is not a problem because in the Traxxas shock rebuild kit it actually has the size e clips you will need for the new shock shafts I'm using.

It really should work perfectly as the shock shaft is 3mm like are stock ones.
Castle Creations
The Hidden Hanger