Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > General Car Talk > Academy

Old 16-03-2007

Got to finally begin my build!

The diffs went together great. Went with AE greases instead of the kit stuff, noticed the kit stuff however looks to be different than what I have gotten before. Different labeling.

The SB V2 Pro parts are a whole lot stiffer than the previous iterations, heck, I don't think my AE graphite parts were this stiff or beefy! Really impressive. The graphite is also light years stiffer than anything before too!

So far only issue is that I get a slight "ping" sound when rotating the drivetrain. I am not sure what it is, I am thinking it will probably go away once I drive it to set the gears. It sounds like its coming from the slipper spring area.
Old 23-03-2007

We have been racing tenth scale off road for several years and running mostly Losi & Associated Buggies and Trucks. With over 400 1/10 scale races at the finest track on the Eastern US Coast we understand what it takes to win...all I can say is don't pre-judge the new SBV2 PRO. Our season is just starting in a few weeks, but already the SBV2 PRO has the attention of many of the drivers.

Everyone has there opinion, but at least drive it before you comment. IT IS A WINNER in the making!

Cross over the Pond and come to Family Hobbies Raceway in NJ, the BEST Off Road track on the East Coast and in existance for over 20 years. Everyone from Kinwald to Gil Losi himself has raced here. Come and see how it's done if you can survive the boards! No Candyland plastic pipe here. Hard wood, hard dirt and big air. Come on over and play...we have alot of Fun along with some fine racing.
Old 28-06-2007

For those of you who are interested in the V2 Pro and support parts it looks as if there may be a UK distributor signing on with ACADEMY. Stay tuned for more details.
www.modelrectifier.com
daveg@modelrectifier.com

Home of the ACADEMY SBV2 Pro and GV2 Pro
Old 28-06-2007
Administrator

That would be good news indeed, it's been a while since this brand has been pushed over here and I think it's a shame as the 4WD looks good for the money.
Old 28-06-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Southwell

Do we old team drivers get our sponsorship deals back then
I still got my SB's!
Old 28-06-2007
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwell View Post
Do we old team drivers get our sponsorship deals back then
I still got my SB's!
Form an orderly line Ian.... behind me, roflol, still got pics of the SB shell and tray I did for you!!
Old 28-06-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Southwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
Form an orderly line Ian.... behind me, roflol, still got pics of the SB shell and tray I did for you!!
The SB shell is still in my cupboard brand new
Old 28-06-2007
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to dave g

both of you can get to the back of the queue

dave
Old 28-06-2007

I was really tempted to buy this kit or the pro version, as Jimmy says the price is very tempting the only thing that stopped me in the end was the fact that there were only one or two shops that sold spares!
Old 28-06-2007

Unless a distributor is willing to push the car, it makes running one very difficult, without Helger pushing the car, what was the point. If someone is seriously looking at pushing the car in the UK, there are quite a few of us who may well be tempted back.
Old 29-06-2007

ACADEMY RC is speaking with a MAJOR player in the UK, stay tuned for more details!!!! Its nice to see the eagerness of your guys to jump on board with ACADEMY vehicles!!!

Talk to you soon!
www.modelrectifier.com
daveg@modelrectifier.com

Old 29-06-2007

I think for most of us, the firsdt thing we would look at is the diff outdrives and the material, then basicaly all the alloy drive bits, as they were the first fault of the SB, then the plastic and it's rigidity.
Old 29-06-2007
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to dave g

i didnt mind the plastic as such,it was the outdrives and the flex in the steering bellcrank/servo saver that was the worst point.

dropping a carbon topdeck and extra post in to stiffen it up along with the alloy bellcranks made the world of difference as you know steve..something i pointed out to academy immediatley but fell upon deaf ears.

dave
Old 29-06-2007

I know Dave, we all did, the outdrives were a mix of poor alloy and the pins on the dogbones being too short too, culmination of errors. If they are fixed and the price competitive, I might be tempted. Not convinced on the Swiss Cheese chassis though, especialy on high grip.
Old 26-07-2007

I am trying to get confirmation as per who will be distributing the ACADEMY line in the UK. I will post as soon as I hear.
www.modelrectifier.com
daveg@modelrectifier.com

Old 26-10-2007

I saw one of these in the skin for the first time last night it was stans very impressed with it the diffs where relaly smooth we couldnt believe stan built them and the slipper looks good. The only fault i could see was the steering as it foulled on the gear box cover so stan had cut the first hold off so it had more lock. Other than that very impressed. And there is defently an interesting way of holding the wheels on.!!!

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 27-10-2007
Mad Member

Send a message via Yahoo to matdodd

If thats like the old way which I think Stan said it was, its funny not interesting Ash!
Old 27-10-2007

I would love to loosen one off for the comedy effect. The wheel comes off and so does half of the front end of the car lol

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 16-11-2007

Default sbv2

Man you guys are very hard on a car that works very well .I think Academy has really steped it up with there newer vehicles everything is stout solid ,durable, you guys talk about wear they are race cars for goodness saks your not going fast enough if your car is not wearing not only that it is 4wd people ,they are fast, they they fly farther then any other electric cars they are going to wear and if you say that none of the others wear your full of it.

TEAM ACADEMY DIGGITY DESIGNS MAX AMPS.COM
Old 16-11-2007
LeeOtard

Qui.......?