Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 07-08-2014

Default Any chance of a less F Cougar KF

I really like the idea of & want a KF, however I don't race on high grip tracks all the time & I race all year round (when the wife allows)

So, as I see it (& looking at the most recent set up sheets) I would need the low grip conversion, a ball diff & possibly different wishbones/ shock mounting position. Any alloy bits aside, I'm looking at £400 for a 2wd buggy which is quite frankly beyond me.

Any chance of a less F Cougar KF in the pipeline?
Old 07-08-2014

The SV2 is still a current car or maybe the KR?
Old 07-08-2014
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

I run the KF with just the low grip conversion and it is THE best all round car mon ey can buy right now. Every other forward motor car only works in high grip - the KFM carries on working ( very well ) when conditions are wet! So saying for all of those parts ( most of which even i dont run ) £400 is alot, well it is for one car, but take in to consideration most drivers have two 2wds then it is very feasible.

The SV2 is still a great car, theres plenty of help and advice on forums for it, however the kf is the current car which is what everyone runs.
Old 07-08-2014

Why don't you make your own version of a kf, that's what I've done. £250 for a kit was a bit much. I was running a sv and was finding it difficult competing with the kf so I cut and shut my sv with some cheap cat sx parts of eBay. Only need the belt, body and the front top deck fixing and I've got a kf. Had to make my own chassis but it worked out pretty well, plus I run the shorty batteries as well Only my driving skill lets it down.
Old 07-08-2014

I expect Schumacher will bring out a new car soon with the extra holes in the chassis to run the motor further back. After all currently they are selling a car with an obsolete chassis and wishbones
Old 07-08-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovechild View Post
I expect Schumacher will bring out a new car soon with the extra holes in the chassis to run the motor further back. After all currently they are selling a car with an obsolete chassis and wishbones
Come indoors again I think everyone will be back on the standard chassis holes and saddle pack! Well I certainly will be anyway !

What's up with the wishbones you don't have to run sv2 arms most don't

Gaz
Old 08-08-2014

all the team drivers who come to TORCH run SV2 rear arms
Old 08-08-2014

I completely agree I have a KF and was thinking of getting the low grip carbon chassis kit I did not and am now glad I did not as there is now the alloy low grip chassis. so what was the point of the carbon low grip chassis that was the bees knees.

so now there are three chassis configurations for the KF, is this good or bad for the average club racer, for sure it is good for Schumacher though.
Old 08-08-2014

I will answer my own question if you do not like the way Schumacher do things then race a different make, as far as it goes out and out racing goes then Schumacher do push development forward and as with all development some times it is good and some time it is not so good.

The one thing I have learnt is don't be the one to see if it works, wait a while
Old 08-08-2014

It's good to see a manufacture wanting to make a good car even better rather than waiting a year to bring out a new car. I can see how annoying it must be if you've already bought the carbon low grip kit but at the end of the day it's you who decides what upgrades to put on the car, Schumacher just give you more decision than your wallet can sometimes afford.
Old 08-08-2014
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

nothing wrong with having the best 2wd in the uk (national champ) and tuning options to adjust it to your own style, at rhr dirt ooples invernational today some pretty quick fk's were circulating
Old 08-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesty View Post
I really like the idea of & want a KF, however I don't race on high grip tracks all the time & I race all year round (when the wife allows)

So, as I see it (& looking at the most recent set up sheets) I would need the low grip conversion, a ball diff & possibly different wishbones/ shock mounting position. Any alloy bits aside, I'm looking at £400 for a 2wd buggy which is quite frankly beyond me.

Any chance of a less F Cougar KF in the pipeline?
go for the sv2 or a good second hand kf to cut costs http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154999
Old 08-08-2014

The carbon chasis should give you more grip whereas the alloy one
Does not flex therefore better in high grip
Old 08-08-2014

As above Defo not sold as an alloy low grip as carb implies
Old 11-08-2014

Id much rather run a car that the factory releases all its factory works type upgrades rather than a company that takes 6 months or more and most buy the aftermarket part thats not quite up to par..... racing isnt cheap in any form, I run the carbon LG conversion and have no plans to pick up the alum chassis. Its features defeat what we race on here...
Old 11-08-2014

I bought the KF when it first came out, and I have to admit I love the car. I then purchased the low grip conversion and borrowed some shorty lipos off a mate. I ran the setup for two races and hated it!

For the car to feel better I needed to buy extra weights for the rear, heavier and more expensive batteries and few other little bits. Needless to say I converted it back to its standard setup and sold the conversion kit after only running it for ten min.

If you are prepared to spend the extra cash then the low grip conversion would be a great set up. The reason I am not willing to spend any more money on it is because all my cars run saddle packs, SX3, K1, SV2, Mi4CXL and my KF so why would I want to convert my KF and buy even more Lipos to just run for 5 months out doors? Plus all the extra parts required to get it to run well.

My advice to anybody wanting a great Schumacher 2WD all round car that's great out of the box, then buy the SV2. But if you race mostly high grip then no contest buy the KF.