Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 09-02-2015

Default Dex210 - servo saver needed?

Ran my second race in fifteen years last week with the DEX210, much better performance than first time round and the move I made from steerwheel tx to sticks helped dramatically - I actually qualified mid field which was fantastic!

Unfortunately in the last qually the car developed a 'wandering' feel and the turning circle deteriorated dramatically compared to previous rounds......stripped the front end and found the servo saver had become so weak I could turn the front wheels from lock to lock without moving the servo

Speaking to some guys at the club they're recommending a savox 1257 with no servo saver for better performance rather than replacing the faulty part, any advice greatly received!
Old 09-02-2015

I run a savox in mine and just use the regulare 25tooth servo horn in the kit on it ... A servo like that is string enough not to need one a 10th scale iv had no problems at all with mine the one in the spares bag is right size for the car too
Old 09-02-2015
Mad Member

There will be lots of opinions on this so I suppose the answer is "it depends"...

If you hit lots of things at speed and often, then you might be better protecting your servo with a saver.

When I ran a 210 a few years back, I ran the 1258 servo with no saver and had no problems...in fact I broke the steering arms (replaced with cf piece) or popped ball ends instead. An all metal gear servo is a must however.

I'm sure somebody who disagree's will add an opposing argument and suggest a suitable saver. I would say that if you are getting back into racing, having accurate steering is going to make everything much more enjoyable!

HTH
Old 09-02-2015
Mad Member

No servo saver in mine. Either of them.

Do have substantial servos in both, IIRC one is an 8th scale steering servo and the other (the fast one) is designed for 10th 4wd.

Last edited by mattr; 09-02-2015 at 06:57 PM.
Old 09-02-2015

Thanks guys that's the heads up I needed, point taken on accuracy of steering.... I'm in need of lots of practice but was soooo frustrating to see the car going wide in slow speed corners, will invest in a new servo and arms now.

Having read similar threads will be going for an absima combat, steel gears should survive even my punishment!
Old 11-02-2015

I never run a servo saver in my 10th cars