Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/10th OFF ROAD

Old 23-05-2014

Default Rc10 b5m

Helloo racer,s whats your views on b5m how is it doing in uk compared to rest n whats it like to drive reply with views thanks
:thumbsu p:
Old 25-05-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Big G Send a message via Skype™ to Big G

drove mine for the 1st time last weekend at Coventry and loved every minute it was on the track. Such a nice car to drive.

Really impressed with the way it handled the bumps and jumps. Under braking the car was calm and stable. I tumbled a few times too over the double and broke nothing proving the car is strong as well as fast!
Old 25-05-2014

I'll second big g comments I ran mine today for the first time very quick car, I hit some track markers at speed on carpet and it just bounced off so seems very durable, the only thing I found was it under steered coming out of the corners power-on steering but going in it had plenty maybe a tad too much but you can dial that out .I also think it could do with a herder spring up front but not forgetting I've never ran it until today and haven't even tried playing with the set up yet so I am quite excited with the pace of the car already.
Old 25-05-2014
Mad Member

Just Awsome
Old 25-05-2014

I drove mine for the first time but had a lot of problems with set up and driver. I had the wrong tires on and I haven't driven 2wd or 18 months. I made a few changes at the track but I just couldn't find the sweet spot and the car was hard to drive due to this. I've now found another setup that I will be trying during the week. Its a real shame that I couldn't get the car go how I wanted it.
Old 26-05-2014

Alex
I will be running the B5M at LW in a couple of weeks so will help you out then.
The only issues I have found was the back end in kit setup was a bit wallowy, but by raising and lengthening the rear camber links it is a lot more planted.
Old 26-05-2014

Thanks, I've just used this setup... [/INDENT]http://www.petitrc.com/setup/associa...n_RHR20140409/. The only things I didn't do was the gear diff due to not having one and using losi springs on the front that is 0.10 more or less.
Old 26-05-2014

trouble with copying someone else's setup is that people drive in different ways and tracks are all different. I would go back to the kit setup and start from there. Once you have a base setup think, do I need more front end / rear end grip and try changing one thing at a time until you get the ideal setup, then it will rain and you will have to start from scratch again
Old 28-05-2014

I've taken mine out a couple of times now and had a chance to play with the set ups. It needed a bit of weight to keep the rear planted, but this might just be solved by a softer spring on the back. standard 32.5wt oil in the front with the white spring and 25wt oil in the back with the green spring.
The front deffo needs a stiff spring in it.
It's gained me an extra 1-2 laps on a 5 min race so far, but that's without any real tinkering or upgrading.
I've just ordered the FT bits to go on it so will update when they arrive. Rear blue ball stud mount, rear arm mounts (went for the brass ones to get the extra weight) Front brass bulk head and pin brace, rear blue ft alloy hubs and the blue ft steering set... I'm hoping that they will be here before the weekend when I'll be taking it to the Mendip track for a darn good hooning!

It's proved to be a tough little car after taking some big knocks last weekend. I'm running an LRP works flow speedo with turbo and timing and a 6.5t LRP x20 motor....it's a beast Maybe too much of a beast for my driving lol

CML - Team Associated - Reedy - Savox - Nuclear RC - Schumacher Racing

CML UK Team Driver - Team Associated B6.1 - T6.1 - B64 - B6
A State Of RC podcast presenter
www.astateofrc.com
[url]https://www.facebook.com/groups/483687655122491/[url]

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWQ..._as=subscriber
Old 29-05-2014

Has anyone fitted the b5 stright wishbones and towers?
Old 29-05-2014
Mad Member

Yep feels good
Old 29-05-2014

That's good to hear. I bought the parts on Monday and fitted today. I got the hard shock tower and it really shows out due to it being a dark grey.
Old 02-06-2014

Took the B5M out for its first race meeting at Mendip RC club on Sunday and after installing the FT bits, it has made a huge difference to the car. The extra weight in the front has meant that I can have the slipper a bit tighter, without it literally jumping off of the rear wheels from a standing start. The extra weight in the back has really planted the rear end over the bumps and coupled with the black rear spring it is solid on the track. I'm not really too sure what all the other shiny bits have done to improve it (apart from looking shiny ) but, I have gone from an average of 11 laps in my old Losi 22, to 14 laps and on the verge of getting 15...I was just over 2 seconds off getting the 15th lap in.
The only thing that I would say, is that the initial turn into a corner is a bit soft and unless I keep the power off, it will under steer at first. I have put the yellow spring on the front, in place of the standard white one, so may well change it back to try and get the cornering smoothed out a bit.
The blue steering set has really made the car feel alive and I think it's made a big difference to how it reacts when it comes to a technical section.

CML - Team Associated - Reedy - Savox - Nuclear RC - Schumacher Racing

CML UK Team Driver - Team Associated B6.1 - T6.1 - B64 - B6
A State Of RC podcast presenter
www.astateofrc.com
[url]https://www.facebook.com/groups/483687655122491/[url]

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWQ..._as=subscriber