Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

Old 11-09-2012

From the pics the set up looks ok.

If when you sort the servo you still don't have enough steering make the front link longer on the tower, I always run this with stagger ribs. Also they look like AE blue front springs, if so they are really too hard, get some silver AE fronts and give them a go.

E
Old 11-09-2012

Thanks Big E .. To b honest i only run whatever has been advised by the rest of the drivers ... blue springs on the front and silver back i also drive with cut stagger ribs , again on advice see
Old 11-09-2012

Are they the same front tyres that the fast guys use?
SC10. Stock spec ESC & motor. KO Propo.

Powered by Nanotechnology.
Old 11-09-2012

http://www.xfactoryrc.com/rc/pdfs/Se...-2009-X6Sq.pdf

This is the setup I copied as closely as possible making small changes to suit me the more I drove the car.
You could try a less grippy rear tyre to prevent the under steer but be careful, oversteer is worse, under steer can be recovered by easing off the throttle, oversteer can end up with you facing in the wrong direction!
SC10. Stock spec ESC & motor. KO Propo.

Powered by Nanotechnology.
Old 11-09-2012

yes pretty much all the club tends to use cut staggers .... orginally i had mini spikes on the rear but changed onto mini pins
Old 12-09-2012
Mad Member

That looks like an original X - 6!

I very much suggest Ellis' starting set-up. Most U.K. racers begin there and, as has been said, it seems to be very close at most tracks. Big E won a couple of National championships with it, so it's probably pretty good...

On our web site are a large number of set-ups, including Ellis'. Also a down-loadable set-up sheet. If you are going to use one of the suggested ones, please do all of it just as it is written. It simply won't work well if you leave things out. This includes tires. When you see anyone's set-up sheet, remember that set-up worked for that driver on that day at that track. The same driver at the same track on a different day will likely use a somewhat different set-up. Confusing, isn't it.

Start with Big E's standard -- print it out if it didn't come with your car. Then print out several of the blank sheets and, as you make changes, make a new sheet noting the changes. This will help you remember what you did and especially what your changes did to the car so you can either duplicate that if it was good or not make the same mistake again.

Paul lliterally carries around a notebook with every change he makes at every race. Ellis uses his laptop...

http://www.xfactoryrc.com/rc/Tech/SetupSheets.php#2wd

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
www.facebook.com/XFactoryRC