Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 18-01-2011

Default need more brakes?

i have a speed passion 10.5 ultra sportsman motor,is there any other rotor i can fit to get more brakes.already have speedo at max brake settings and brakes are rubish please help thanks rick..
Old 18-01-2011
SHRCCC Legend

Just suffered from this. Is your controller set up correctly?
Old 18-01-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Which ESC is it? Might well be another setting that your not aware affects the braking force!
Old 18-01-2011

speedo is speed passion gt1, brake set at 100% full,start 50%, drag standerd i think, led on speedo comes on to show full brake and you can hear the brakes working when applyed was told it was magnet strength that was problem but wanted to no if there was a better rotor i could fit with out buying a new motor.
Old 19-01-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Not familiar with the gt1 but if it has a "reverse level" or "reverse force" or indeed any variation on that set it to 100% as it is used to limit maxs brakes when not in fwd/rev operation .... wish they would put that in the manual!!
Old 19-01-2011
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICHARD OXLEY View Post
speedo is speed passion gt1, brake set at 100% full,start 50%, drag standerd i think, led on speedo comes on to show full brake and you can hear the brakes working when applyed was told it was magnet strength that was problem but wanted to no if there was a better rotor i could fit with out buying a new motor.
Whoever told you that is wrong. Change the power cap on the speedo, and it'll be fine.
Old 19-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_dono View Post
Whoever told you that is wrong. Change the power cap on the speedo, and it'll be fine.
has been like this from new,so does this mean falty power cap from new? and which should i swap to same again or something diffrent.
Old 19-01-2011

Not familiar with the gt1 but if it has a "reverse level" or "reverse force" or indeed any variation on that set it to 100% as it is used to limit maxs brakes when not in fwd/rev operation .... wish they would put that in the manual!!

+1 for this. I know it sounds a bit strange when you are only using forward and brake, but it is a qwerk of the programming for Speed Passion/ HobbyWing speed controls. The reverse force needs to be set to 100% to get maximum brakes. I would defineately try this first before spending any money.

I have also found, for what ever reason that lower turn motors have better brakes. I notice this most when trying to control the pitch of my buggy in the air.

Ben
Old 19-01-2011
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICHARD OXLEY View Post
has been like this from new,so does this mean falty power cap from new? and which should i swap to same again or something diffrent.
not faulty, just low power.. change it for a better one and your braking will be fine.
Old 19-01-2011

reverse force was set at 50% changed to 100% and tested in kitchen definlty fells like i have more brakes. will try at next meeting and if still need more powercap next thanks for the help guys..
Old 26-01-2011

had defentley moor brakes at last meeting with reverse level set to 100% would say they went from poor to reasonable but no where near locking wheels. so power cap next but which one speed passion seems a bit expensive at £28 is it worth it? or is there a better option.