Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 20-11-2010

Default 2.4Ghz interference

ok i'am runing a ko universe with spektrum pro module and micro reciver and seem to be geting interference. car runs fine when only me on rostrum but as soon as it fills up problems start at end of race when only me on rostrum cars fine again. so far tryed rebinding and a spare reciver but no luck. can anyone help or has anyone experenced anything similer?
Old 20-11-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I am interested in this also as I have had similar but only at one place!!!
Old 20-11-2010
Mad Member

Have you tried the Spektrum capacitor? Seems to solve a lot of those niggling problems.
Old 20-11-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

also this may sound strange, but put one wrap of insulation tape around the module and refit to transmitter no more tape, that should be enough ! I was having a few probs...did this sorted. i know a few people who have had to do this, just tightens the whole think up in the hole thus no movement on the litte conection pins

also as mentioned i run a capacitor in my 10th cars, but not in 8th, but in 8th cars I always run the bigger original recivers, not the micro ones, as for some reason people have had probs with them in rallyx,

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 20-11-2010

When I ran spektrum, the power cap helped a little although it still did it. A few folks sent them back for a replacement and that seemed to work. My solution was to move to the FAAST system and never had a problem since.
Old 20-11-2010
Mad Member

how is your car electrics instaled most interferance is normaly due to location for example personel transponders power capisiters motor wires. a few years ago i had a simular problem with spectrum and it found to be the pt being next to the reciever. again this was fine when just my car was on but not at the race meeting.

post pics of the car
Old 20-11-2010
Mad Member

I've found these issues, and by eliminating them I no longer have problems.

When you switch on, leave teh Tx on for at least 10 seconds so it finds a good channel, before you switch on the Rx. Make sure that the Rx has a solid LED light before touching the sticks/wheel. This is because with all the WiFi and other 2.4 devices around, as well as our own radio, it can take a few seconds for the module to find a clear channel.

Make sure the aerial goes up, and is not flat for too much of its length. Make sure the aerial is not close (within 10mm) to any other wires, and certainly not touching them.

Take the case off the receiver and clean out any debris. This seems to be critical, as the voltage in the Spektrum units is low so any debris that gets on the boards can easily make a path that disturbs the circuits. In 12th, we also have rubber dust coated in oil that makes a nice little path! If you get dust and moisture together...

Make sure the PT is well away from the receiver and servo. We have known incidents where a PT on top of a servo, or next to a receiver, will give you what appears to be interference, but whatever it is, it makes the car do silly little things on its own!

If none of this works, then send both back to Horizon for a service - they are very helpful. HTH
Old 20-11-2010

thanks slowone sounds like you've had same problems as me will try your turning on tip next time. think i'am going to send module and tx back for testing as well, no steering at end of streight is realey starting to hurt.