Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 15-04-2019
Mad Member

Default Cougar Laydown

It has been very quiet regarding this so far so I just wondered on peoples thoughts so far regarding this new car as it is now very imminent that we are mid April.
Schumacher KC, KD, CAT XLS, CAT L1 | Team C TM2 V2, TM4, TC02 | JQ The Car | Mugen MBX6 | Losi 8T,8BE 1.5 | Durango DEX-410V4 | FTX Blaze | XRAY M18T | Kyosho STR,Surf Dude,Nexus 30 | Nimrif Makara | MFA Spear | She Devil | T-Rex 450SEV2,250SE | Ark X-400 | Protech Butterfly,Zoom 400 | Ikarus Piccolo | VW T4 | Smart 450 | KC-250 | BoltRC Kraken 5" | Emax Nighthawk 250 | Gravity 250 | S550 | Prusa i3 | TronXY X5A | Must stop collecting stuff!
Old 15-04-2019
Mad Member

No Doughnut's yet on Facebook
Support from: My Back Pocket

Driver - 'Derek'
Feedback Link : http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48311
Old 15-04-2019

very quiet on the Laydown front,
Old 15-04-2019

It’s amazing, feels completely different to the KC. Much more drive out of the corners and a lot less body roll. I love my KC but the laydown is on a different level
Old 15-04-2019
Mad Member

Madmulc great to hear from someone who had raced theirs. What surface have you used it one and did you have to make many setup changes? Are there any changes that you are considering next time out?
Schumacher KC, KD, CAT XLS, CAT L1 | Team C TM2 V2, TM4, TC02 | JQ The Car | Mugen MBX6 | Losi 8T,8BE 1.5 | Durango DEX-410V4 | FTX Blaze | XRAY M18T | Kyosho STR,Surf Dude,Nexus 30 | Nimrif Makara | MFA Spear | She Devil | T-Rex 450SEV2,250SE | Ark X-400 | Protech Butterfly,Zoom 400 | Ikarus Piccolo | VW T4 | Smart 450 | KC-250 | BoltRC Kraken 5" | Emax Nighthawk 250 | Gravity 250 | S550 | Prusa i3 | TronXY X5A | Must stop collecting stuff!
Old 15-04-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmiSMB View Post
Madmulc great to hear from someone who had raced theirs. What surface have you used it one and did you have to make many setup changes? Are there any changes that you are considering next time out?
The car is amazing out the box, I have raced it on EOS and Astro going from EOS to Astro all I changed was the rear oil and springs. I also only run two gears in the diff instead of the four it comes with. I am also running the electrics and battery forward. I was amazed at how different the car feels compared to the KC it has a lot more initial response and so much flatter through the bends. I run the car as kit apart from the front under servo weight which I always run.
Old 15-04-2019
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmulc View Post
The car is amazing out the box, I have raced it on EOS and Astro going from EOS to Astro all I changed was the rear oil and springs. I also only run two gears in the diff instead of the four it comes with. I am also running the electrics and battery forward. I was amazed at how different the car feels compared to the KC it has a lot more initial response and so much flatter through the bends. I run the car as kit apart from the front under servo weight which I always run.
What does less gears in the diff do?
Old 15-04-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz75 View Post
What does less gears in the diff do?
Gives more drive out of the corners, however the gears wear a lot quicker and the diff oil needs changing more frequently
Old 16-04-2019

madmulc how does it feel so much different to the KC?

Front end geometry is the same, so the handling difference must be down to the L1 rear geometry and the motor pos 4 position, and a bit of CoG difference.

Cant wait to try my KC in pos 4 and L1 rear spec this weekend, finished the swap over on Sunday.
Old 16-04-2019
Mad Member

When I looked at a team drivers Cougar Laydown the rear diff is incredibly low. With the rear gearbox being plastic I think it changes the whole rear flex characteristics. It will be interesting to see how ordinary club drivers get on with it compared to the KC.
Old 17-04-2019

I am getting back into the hobby after a 20 year absence, would I be better getting a Cougar Laydown or KC?

I am very tempted by the Laydown which is currently cheaper than the older car on most modelshop websites. I'm torn between a Laydown, KC or Associated B6.1
Old 17-04-2019
Mad Member

Laydown as its the latest, so residuals will be stronger.. plus its ok on most surfaces from what I have read..

Used KC prices will drop down as a result, so it could make sense as a used purchase... its still a great car..
Old 18-04-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofty2332 View Post
I am getting back into the hobby after a 20 year absence, would I be better getting a Cougar Laydown or KC?

I am very tempted by the Laydown which is currently cheaper than the older car on most modelshop websites. I'm torn between a Laydown, KC or Associated B6.1
B6.1 works great but if slope makes you mad forget it!
My Cougar LD is pre-ordered.
Old 18-04-2019
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:

Fully dependent on budget, the kc is a good car, and will remain a good car. you will also pick up a good second hand one cheaper with options fitted, the ld builds nice looks nice and seems to be easier to drive. I'm keeping my kc along side my ld
Either way you wont be disappointed
Old 19-04-2019

Saw one at our club night last night. Looks awesome, I’d be tempted if I was in the market for a new buggy
Old 19-04-2019

I'm confussed, i have had a laydown on order for the last month, so has it been released/shipped yet as none of the shops seem to have it or is there a release date that anyone knows about as mid april has been and gone.
BECAME BATLEY BUGGY CLUB COMMITTEE MEMBER
GOT A KC TO WHILST WAITING FOR THE LAYDOWN
NOW DRIVING A COUGAR LAYDOWN
KC CONVERTED TO KD FOR THE WET
Old 19-04-2019

I think the release date was ment to be the 17th April but this has now changed to the 26th April? I also have the car pre-ordered and on checking the model shop website this is the date they are expecting there stock delivery. Just got to wait a few more days.
Old 20-04-2019

I've read on a fb forum it should be next week...
Old 20-04-2019
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:

Wont go wrong with this

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202686
Old 20-04-2019

Absolutely. That’d be a mega buggy for that money