Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/18th & Micro stuff

Old 23-04-2018

Default LC Racing EMB Turf and carpet tire selection and setups

Hello,

In the usa here and we have a good following of micro racing with the LC Racing buggies and truggies leading the way. For buggy we have in general been using the LC Racing rally tires with the fronts having the edges glued and they work quite well.

The surface is an indoor/outdoor Ozite carpet that we can get cheaply here. Tires also work well on the older grey ozite when we use SXT 3.0 compound on them for a bit more grip.

For truggy we have been doing a bit more experimenting with buggy (1/10 rears), mainly going with clay slicks sauced with SXT 3.0.

So right now our track when we move outdoors will have a turf setup. This is all new to us, but we are looking to run mini's along with the 1/10 vehicles as its own class.

So I would like to know what is recommended for turf. In addition, I see schumacher has mini pins that are said to work front and rear on mini buggies, but I am not sure if they are for the stock buggy wheels?

Lastly, if you have any setups and tire suggestions for 1/14 buggy and 1/14 truggy (keeping truggy "1/10 buggy wheels" if possible) that would be great.
Old 23-05-2018

Default Micro

Hi
I am no expert but I can tell you i have a mini 8ight and I race mostly indoor on carpet , we use the Schumacher white rally blocks . I have used the mini pins a few times on Astro and found they gave loads of grip and gave plenty of grip roll.
I never raced enough Astro to get a good setup so I would get a set and give them a go.
Old 11-11-2018

Thanks for the info!

Know this is a blast from the past thread but I am looking at tire options again for our indoor track.

I am looking at options I can get from amain for tires, and I see both types of SST tires in both compounds, but no inserts.

What inserts if we cannot get the schumacher ones would be good using from amain?

Also, what is softer, yellow or white compound?
Old 11-11-2018

Can't help re inserts.
White compound rally blocks are softer than yellow.