Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Old 19-05-2012

Agreed, bring a printed copy of that email tomorrow, should end any arguments before they start.
Old 22-05-2012

Default Update 22.5.12

Ok folks

After a hastily arranged meeting with Lianne at the track this afternoon, I have some good news to report to our members.

And after berating the council that the originally proposed parking area offered was inadequate, they have finally acknowledged that its building would be wasteful, given our imminent application to extend past it! so

They have agreed to provide our expanding club, with a considerable parking area that extends towards the new gymnastics building and down to the middle of the two cabins. The area will have basic, but adequate surfacing and will have the knee high wooden fence, down and across, preventing anyone driving onto the football pitches right up to our cabins. (save for a small access). The yet to be seeded area left over toward the new building, will be available to pitch on next year.

The works will be done immediately and are expected to be finished within 2 weeks.

I will still be submitting the previously mentioned funding application to the council, which ultimately aspires to the building of a purpose built rostrum and club house.

Will keep you posted.

Darren
Chairman
BMRCC

Bury Metro Member http://www.bmrcc.co.uk/

Team Associated B6.1
Absima Team Driver
Still have my old Team Associated C4.1, Team C Evo and Yokomo Bmax4 just in case my lads take up the sport someday.
Old 22-05-2012

Default parking

Well done Darren, all your meetings and paitance has paid off for the club.
Well done.
Old 22-05-2012

this is good news, just the thing to boost the club in a new direction cheers :-)

LRP S10 Blast BX
Losi Mini-T
AE RC10 B3
Losi XXX kinwald edition
Yokomo super dog fighter 2
Old 22-05-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwales1 View Post
Ok folks

After a hastily arranged meeting with Lianne at the track this afternoon, I have some good news to report to our members.

And after berating the council that the originally proposed parking area offered was inadequate, they have finally acknowledged that its building would be wasteful, given our imminent application to extend past it! so

They have agreed to provide our expanding club, with a considerable parking area that extends towards the new gymnastics building and down to the middle of the two cabins. The area will have basic, but adequate surfacing and will have the knee high wooden fence, down and across, preventing anyone driving onto the football pitches right up to our cabins. (save for a small access). The yet to be seeded area left over toward the new building, will be available to pitch on next year.

The works will be done immediately and are expected to be finished within 2 weeks.

I will still be submitting the previously mentioned funding application to the council, which ultimately aspires to the building of a purpose built rostrum and club house.

Will keep you posted.

Darren
Chairman
BMRCC
Well done mate you might be a rubbish driver but at least you're on the council like a crack head with £50 in his pocket

http://budsballs.co.uk

Last edited by Col; 23-05-2012 at 03:16 AM.
Old 23-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by budfish View Post
Well done mate you might be a rubbish driver but at least you're on the council like a crack head with £50 in his pocket
Lol

Team Associated B6.1
Absima Team Driver
Still have my old Team Associated C4.1, Team C Evo and Yokomo Bmax4 just in case my lads take up the sport someday.
Old 09-07-2012

Default Further update

All,

Unfortunately the surfacing of the newly sectioned off parking area has not been completed as promised by the council as per my last update.

I have chased them once again today and they have replied as follows

"At present I cannot provide you with an update. I have been told I
cannot proceed with the works until our Highways section provides their
costs - this is what I am waiting for. I have chased them this afternoon
again...

Sorry for the delay - As and when I get permission to start I will let
you know, until then please bear with me."

Regards
Kevin Dickinson
Building + Facilities Officer

I have made it clear to both Kevin and Lianne that the delay in completing this work is impacting on meetings, especially with the current weather and they assure me they will complete the works as a priority.

I have also had confirmation from Lianne, that following receipt of the clubs wishes, she has submitted an application for an extension to be built on the rear of the current football club house, which will contain toilet and changing facilities for the exclusive use of both our club and the cycle speedway. It is hoped this application will be approved and started this year but further confirmation will follow.

For now

Darren
Chairman
BMRCC

Team Associated B6.1
Absima Team Driver
Old 09-07-2012
Mad Member

Good work Darren

Kevin might need water boarding to help him come to a quick conclusion ?????

Buds

http://budsballs.co.uk
Old 09-07-2012

Nice work Darren. Its good that the club has someone like you to voice the clubs needs.
Old 25-09-2012

Default Facilities Update

As most may know we (ourselves and the Cycle Speedway club) have joined forces to sort what should be basic facilities, that we had before the track relocation.

Whilst we do have access to the gym toilets, we are now looking to secure our own toilets with changing facilities and have agreed with the council and Bury Juniors, to use half of the ground floor of the football clubhouse.

Plans have been drawn with the council and we are currently in the process (myself and the speedway Chairman) of submitting an application for funding for the costs of refurbishment. The club have spent a fair bit of monies on expenditure since the track relocation and of course we are not prepared to spend further on returning previously supplied facilities. That said, we will be getting much better facilities. As I have previously stated, the council accept that they should return these to us but they have no funds instead they are supporting us in the funding bid. The bid will include electricity to the cabins and it is hoped to be approved before the end of this year and works completed by April 2013. (fingers crossed)

I have also made a tentative approach to the planning dept with regards to the possibility of a purpose built clubhouse and rostrum. Of course this is not an urgent need but a future plan. More will be discussed at the AGM next Thursday.

I have been asked to provide a proposed plan of what we would look to build, to the planning office for them to advise me on whether it would be approved.
Can anyone assist with this? Please get in touch asap.

My vision In brief, the ground floor would be essentially storage, but contain internal stairs to the first floor viewing area and race control. We should look at the possibility of ramp access to the front for wheelchairs. The building would be secured by steel doors/shutters and the viewing area would need to secure from local youths etc so possibly shutters again.
I guess brick built. The current cabin location seems to be the only real option and as the new gym is in the background, i'm hoping will not raise objections from locals etc.

See you all at the AGM Thursday 4th October 2012 7.30pm.

Darren Wales
Chairman
BMRCC

Team Associated B6.1
Absima Team Driver
Old 26-09-2012

Councils move slowly, but sounds like we're making progress eventually. Good work Darren.
Old 27-09-2012
Gypsy Member

Default Awsome

Good work Darren burys coming