Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/8 Nitro Off Road / Rallycross

Old 01-09-2010

Default Nitro Engine Advice Required

I have a GO .25 nitro engine pull start. Today the air temp was about 20 deg C and I had a medium Go plug installed. The problem was the engine was running at 155 deg C. When I tried to richen the engine it was get bogged down (Sluggish and plenty smoke.)
Is there any other way in reducing the engine temp when running?
Also to get fuel to the engine I cover the exhaust and pull the pull start a number of times, the fuel was slow in getting to the engine, could this signify a leak?
When I shut down the engine there were bubbles in the inlet fuel tubing of the engine, Is this common?
When I let the engine idle for any length of time when I try to take off the buggy is very sluggish and a lot of smoke comes from the exhaust. How can I correct this?
There is about 9 litres of fuel through the engine, what items should be changed at this stage?
Any advice would be gratefully appreciated
Old 01-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

The slow prime does sound like either a leak or a cracked tank in my (limited!) nitro experience.

As for the rich take off after a long idle - every nitro I've driven has been like that. You have to rev the nuts off it just before a start or they will bog down and go nowhere.

It might be best to try and get someone why really knows their engines to have a look at it in person, you can tell a lot from sound alone.
Old 02-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Looking at the video you posted in the other section if this engine is in one of those cars they look and sound to be running waaaaaay too rich
Old 02-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

you might find its to lean top end and to rich bottom end,you need to tune the top end first,as long as it pulls off dont worry about how much smoke,as long as you get some,get it up to speed and there should be smoke when your flat out,keep richen it up top end untill it just growls,then start tunning the top end untill your hear it go crisp top end and not growl,now you can do the bottom end,you are looking to be able to sit still for atleast 10 second and still be able to pull off with no bog,hope this helps

TRADE FEED BACK.... http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34486