Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Tamiya

Old 13-08-2015

Smile parts supply and which 2wd & 4wd

Guys,

I have always liked tamiya engineering, they just look the part. But what is parts supply like in UK and what 2wd and 4wd would you recommend?

Looking into it for now.

Any pointers advice etc is appreciated

Regards

Lee

Moss Models
Garcia Graphix

Old 13-08-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

To be honest parts supply in the UK is pretty much non existent now which is a shame, since Lee Martin stopped racing for Tamiya it all went a bit down hill, saying that the cars are still competitive

The new 211 looks cool too new to get feedback on how it goes on UK high grip tracks, the design is traditional MM so prob not on the pace of the new breed of 2wds, KF2, YZ-2 etc

The 503 would be a good choice for 4wd or a 511, there are some for sale I know of if you wanted one

The 511 goes well and you can pick up a good car with gear diffs and spares for £150 ish

As for parts your best bet is eBay or the big HK shops, Stella models, RC mart and Modelbau in Germany has all the spares and hard to get items

With the exchange rate parts are so cheap and normally take a week to arrive , eg gear diff £12, wishbones £3-4, belts £7

Hope this helps

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 13-08-2015

Default 4wd

Shame about parts supply. Why is there no uk stockist?

What is difference between 503 & 511?

Moss Models
Garcia Graphix

Old 13-08-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Hobby Company the tamiya importer have never been interested in importing the TRF range of cars and spares, as to the reason only they can answer that one!

There are many differences between the 503 and 511, best to have a look at some pictures of both chassis on line as it's very clear (Ali chassis, floating servo mount etc etc)

If you have the budget the 503 is a superb bit of kit and bang up to date for lipo etc

Moggers on this forum has a 503 for sale, drop him a PM and he can send you details of his car, I've seen pics and it's nice!

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 13-08-2015

Lightbulb

Also some other small things to note as well for the 511.. is that you can use a lot of the 503 parts... hopper bulkheads shock towers gear diffs front alloy hinge pin brace and a few other things so you can use the new front kick up.. I believe that you can also use 1/3 of the motor mount as well
Parts support in the States.. is well.. OK.... not the best but they have them... but prices are stupid and expensive.. I go back to my other home in Japan twice a year and get all of my parts then... pretty much stock up since I can get about 2/3's of the parts at over 50% off of what I would pay in the States
Old 14-08-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR_Dave View Post
Also some other small things to note as well for the 511.. is that you can use a lot of the 503 parts... hopper bulkheads shock towers gear diffs front alloy hinge pin brace and a few other things so you can use the new front kick up.. I believe that you can also use 1/3 of the motor mount as well
Parts support in the States.. is well.. OK.... not the best but they have them... but prices are stupid and expensive.. I go back to my other home in Japan twice a year and get all of my parts then... pretty much stock up since I can get about 2/3's of the parts at over 50% off of what I would pay in the States
Wouldnt happin to see any TRF801xt parts in your japan travels?....
Old 14-08-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-StyleNZL View Post
Wouldnt happin to see any TRF801xt parts in your japan travels?....
That is a very rare Unicorn... hardly no parts from what I have seen