Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Boughton Raceway

Old 22-02-2015

Default 2wd class at Boughton Raceway

Hi, have emailed Barry Abbott and he suggested posting here with a couple of 2wd specific questions.

2wd class at Boughton, do Mod and 17.5t Stock classes both run? If it's both what are the number of competitors like in each.

Will be coming back to 2wd buggy after a long, long break and will be buying a new kit. First thoughts are to buy an Associated B5. Anyone running one here and if so which config mid or rear? Also open to any other suggestions (at the similar price range) if there's something else that works equally well or better here. I prefer a fairly smooth driving style over throwing the car around too much, if that helps with any other suggestions on a kit.

Thanks in advance.

Richard
Old 23-02-2015
Mad Member

I'm not sure anyone is running a 17.5 in the EoE, it would probably feel very slow down the straight at Boughton as that's pretty long.

Most people will be running somewhere between a 10.5 & a 7.5 in a 2wd.

Not had a go of a B5, but they look pretty good as a mid car, you wouldn't really need a rear motored car on astro.
Old 23-02-2015

Thanks for the reply John.

I'll definitely try to get to a couple of the other EoE tracks as well but yes agreed, Boughton looks like it suits a mid motor pretty well.

Am guessing the Schumacher cars are popular there too? was forgetting about them as I never see them in Asia where i've been living the last few years.

Think im down to B5M, an SV2 or BMax2 as my options.
Old 23-02-2015
Mad Member

If your planning on racing on the grass tracks at Kings Lynn or Norwich, any of those will be good, as would a TLR 22 2.0.

If it'll be Astro only, the Schumacher KF would probably be a better thing to have, or a X-Factory X6s if you want something a little different.
Old 24-02-2015

Thanks John, although Boughton looks like it will be my nearest track when I move back to the UK (in the next few weeks) I do plan to get to some of the grass tracks nearby too.

I'll want to run a ball diff and think im right in that the BMax2 comes with a gear diff as standard? If that's correct im down to B5M or SV2 as my choice (as I dont really want to be having to buy the ball diff as an option part straight off).

Thanks again, Richard

Last edited by Richard B; 24-02-2015 at 02:03 PM.
Old 24-02-2015
Mad Member

No idea what sort of diff comes in any of those kits to be honest mate

If I was having to choose between a B5m and a SV2, I'd probably go for the B5m, it's newer for one thing & you get the feeling Schumacher are leaning more towards the KF these days.
Old 24-02-2015

You must have read my mind about the time you posted that last reply John. I was looking to see when the SV2 was launched (2012 if the info I found was right) and came to the same conclusion.

So B5M it is, and a Hobbywing 8.5t motor is on its way already. Looking forward to trying it out (once im back in the UK and the weather warms up a bit).

Cheers for your input.
Old 03-03-2015

After all my backward and forward trying to decide on a kit...... I've found a mint used SV2 on the forum and bought that.

Thanks for the advice so far. Sure there'll be plenty more questions when I start running it.

Cheers Richard
Old 04-03-2015
Mad Member

Only just seen this thread, when there isn't a meeting on at Boughton feel free to come along to Norfolk Buggy Club, we are located just north of Norwich and race on a grass and dirt track on alternate weeks in the month.

Have fun with the SV2, they seem a pretty good all round car.

It might also be worth looking at the East of England regional series which takes in a number a different venues across the area, including Norfolk Buggy Club, Boughton Raceway, Kings Lynn, Colchester and Ware.

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

JemmettFox- Accountants and Business Advisors

Click any of the above to head to the website!
Old 04-03-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb View Post
Only just seen this thread, when there isn't a meeting on at Boughton feel free to come along to Norfolk Buggy Club, we are located just north of Norwich and race on a grass and dirt track on alternate weeks in the month.

Have fun with the SV2, they seem a pretty good all round car.

It might also be worth looking at the East of England regional series which takes in a number a different venues across the area, including Norfolk Buggy Club, Boughton Raceway, Kings Lynn, Colchester and Ware.
Thanks for that, I wont be too far from Rackheath so will definitely call in and see you guys there too.

Looks like I will miss the first round of the Regionals but will definitely try to make the others (if my driving is up to it by then). Been running TC and the occasional SCT race here so hopefully wont be too bad.

Cheers Richard