Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 06-03-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

OMG that apache bring back memories!!!

but check out the motor and battery layout.... X6!!!!
Old 06-03-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughtyUK.net View Post

check out the motor and battery layout.... X6!!!!
Bodyshell too !!!

Rusti Design - Awesome custom stickers and cool stuff

My trader feedback
Old 06-03-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshy40 View Post
I dont think Doughty did, Kristen Wiles did though and made 5th in the indoor UK champs with it, and boy did it shift. He also beat Craig Harris quite a few times inside and outside with it and was rapid. And that was when Harris was really good, yes he still is now, but he was better then and he beat All the Team Kysoho guys, well Jamie Booth was the only one not there.
Your very wrong there, I was part of the Prototype development team for the Cobra, TQ'ed and won many RRC Stock class races with it. ended up 3rd in the Series in its first year as a prototype car. it was brilliant!
Old 07-03-2008

did you race at donisthorpe with it?
Old 18-03-2008
Mad Member

Just a quick update for you guys.

Im now the proud owner of the following vintage cars...

Boomerang - A1 cond
Super sabre - A1 cond
Hotshot 2 - currently working on, managed to order new wheels and tyres along with an ultra rare original bodyset. ( just dont ask how much lol )
Stadium Blitzer - currently working on, new shell, new decals, new wheels, new tyres. Some plastics en route.
Top Force / Hybrid. Currently working on, new shell, new undertray and wing, new wheels and tyres and new front bumper.
Thunder dragon, Currently working on - getting there now, new chassis, new bumper, new tyres, full rebuild , new shell and decals.
Thundershot - New decals.
Tamiya Lunchbox - re release ( gold edition ) - Thanks Eddie
New Build Grasshopper - currently building lol
Cougar 1, sadly just gathering dust
Cougar 2 race , bought on ebay for £35, not that nice sadly and needs loads lol. It did however come with an original speedmaster silverstar. Anyone remember this. My fond memories was buying one and trying to fit it in an optima mid, it was really tight. and after 8 mins of run on its maiden voyage i manged to melt all the blue heatshrink. My dad went mad lol.
Bush devil - new decals, new bumper , quick clean.
Falcon - managed to find a new rare decal set ( original ) , hmmm can i justify the £35 for a new shell to make mint.
Tamiya frog, partially stripped shell and in need of many parts to look good.

Will post pics, when iv got the time.

Col.
RC18T
Lunchbox Gold
X-6 squared
Lrp, Novak, Robitronic, Ko Propo, Ezrun , Trakpower ,Team Scream, Demon, Microtech, Dms, Good old Jezza, Je-Spares, Bolton Model Mart,

My Feedback http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25199
Old 18-03-2008

Interested in an Avante 2001?, with box, has been used, have got a terra scorcher and an origanol thundershot in running condition although i do have the box for the terra scorcher too. Have owned all 3 from new.
Old 19-03-2008

I once owned a Terrascorcher and raced at the Tamiya challenge championship in Cambridgeshire in the late 80's(those were the days). The terrascorcher was completely ballraced and came with front UJ's and of course the front upright suspension as standard.

Talking about Speedmaster Speedcontrollers, I still use mine (the new generation). I am currently running a X500 no limit speedcontroller in my Losi XXXCR and a slightly older Vega 3 in my Fireblade. Great speedcontrollers and completely bullet proof.
Old 19-03-2008
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughtyUK.net View Post
Your very wrong there, I was part of the Prototype development team for the Cobra, TQ'ed and won many RRC Stock class races with it. ended up 3rd in the Series in its first year as a prototype car. it was brilliant!
Cool, well I knew there were a few guys helping out with it and I thought Kristen was one of those few as well, and his car had a lot of things on it that were different from the poduction car, and I agree it was brilliant, I borrowed it for a few events before I decided to do 2wd as well and shocked quite a few people with it. He also showed how good he was with it Elsemere Port indoor carpet champs/finals by easily making the A, and fifth (I could be wrong, it may have been 7th) was a very very good result.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS
Old 30-03-2008

Send a message via MSN to rcluke

Nicest one there, by far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colinevan View Post
Porka 959 Rothmans special..

I never liked this car as it seemed to boring, but i didnt realise how rare they were esp with the Rothmans livery. Supposedly Rothmans had some kind of lawsuit and Tamiya were looked at badly for advertising smoking ( or so i was told lol) future cars were not Rothmans liveries... If that makes sense lol.

This car had real nice suspension, the shocks were completely seperate to the springs like a real car. The shell was super detailed but very hard to paint and tbh i dont think any model car this day and age has as much detail as this shell and from memory this is very early 80s material.

I sold this for £200 lol.

Tamiya TT-01E

Quite a rare discontinued hard to get hold of NIB Tamiya TB-01
Old 31-03-2008
Mad Member

Have a few small pics of some of the projects that i mentioned.

Here is the Boomerang and its twin the Super sabre.

Both are A1 and sadly the pics dont do them justice.
RC18T
Lunchbox Gold
X-6 squared
Lrp, Novak, Robitronic, Ko Propo, Ezrun , Trakpower ,Team Scream, Demon, Microtech, Dms, Good old Jezza, Je-Spares, Bolton Model Mart,

Old 31-03-2008
Mad Member

Here is my new falcon project. Car is in vgc and has no marks virtually, the only thing is obviously the shell is in the wrong colours.

Hmm managed to get the decals (very rare and extortionate) but a new shell is sround £30, so will make box art as and when.

Ps, Anyone interested in this shell? it will prob strip easy, i just dont have the time.

RC18T
Lunchbox Gold
X-6 squared

Old 31-03-2008
Mad Member

My thunder dragon project..

This is how it looked when i bought it.. yack lol

Its now mid transformation with a fully stripped re build and mega scrubbing of the shocks and plastics.

Iv purchased a new chassis, bodyset, bumper, wheels and tyres and gearbox housings and its almost there.

Pics to show the transformed car when iv got chance to finish..
RC18T
Lunchbox Gold
X-6 squared

Old 03-04-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

Quote:
Did these cars ever do well??

Steven pole used to thrash us all at our local club using a corba back in the mid 90's.

I think the Top Force is THE most beautiful rc car ever made. Wish I'd never sold mine.
Old 12-04-2008
Mad Member

Oh dear, ebay at the ready again...

Just purchased, a manta ray - tatty but not much work needed to make good, just abso filthy.

Kyosho optima mid - custom special, again abso filthy, speedmaster goldstar speedo, all electrics inc saddle pack sce's lol and 3 tatty shells/

Mardave meteor, unpainted shell, and plastics are ok, just needs a new chassis to make shelf queen.

Tamiya madcap- not the best condition, needs new shell, new chassis, virt new everything lol..

Pics to follow.

Col.
RC18T
Lunchbox Gold
X-6 squared