Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Silverstone

Old 02-04-2016

Default Anyone help with a Set-up for a YZ2?

Running standard kit set up with astro springs, far too hard for the indoor track.

Been using minipin1 and staggers but not sure where to begin with changing the set-up.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Old 02-04-2016
Mad Member

Default YZ2 set up

Take a look here

http://site.petitrc.com/setup/yokomo...stone20150110/

If that doesn't work there are plenty on google
One of the first changes we made was to go for Yatabe springs. the gullwing front end takes the snappyness away to an extent, but there's LOADS to look at.

Great car to run

Last edited by Zippy G; 02-04-2016 at 08:12 PM.
Old 03-04-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy G View Post
Take a look here

http://site.petitrc.com/setup/yokomo...stone20150110/

If that doesn't work there are plenty on google
One of the first changes we made was to go for Yatabe springs. the gullwing front end takes the snappyness away to an extent, but there's LOADS to look at.

Great car to run

That's a set-up for the astro turf track, they now race on high grip carpet.
Old 03-04-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

look at Lee or Marc's last EOS setup. plenty of weight under the lipo helps to settle the car.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 03-04-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
look at Lee or Marc's last EOS setup. plenty of weight under the lipo helps to settle the car.
Out of interest do you run saddle or shorty lipo in your YZ2?
Old 03-04-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Muldoon View Post
Out of interest do you run saddle or shorty lipo in your YZ2?
always shorties, and position them as a tuning aid. To rear more traction, to front more steering.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 05-04-2016

Quote:
always shorties, and position them as a tuning aid. To rear more traction, to front more steering.
Thanks,

Is this the set-up sheet you were referring to?

I can't find a more recent 1

http://site.petitrc.com/setup/yokomo...ich2016012931/
Old 05-04-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Thanks,

Is this the set-up sheet you were referring to?

I can't find a more recent 1

http://site.petitrc.com/setup/yokomo...ich2016012931/
Yes that's it. i was at that meeting also. My setup was similar, i had a touch more weigh under the lipo (120g), and lee (and Shin Adachi) were testing new rear hubs, driveshafts and 1m longer rear wishbones that i didn't have. car was dialed on the super high grip carpet.
Old 14-04-2016

Quote:
Yes that's it. i was at that meeting also. My setup was similar, i had a touch more weigh under the lipo (120g), and lee (and Shin Adachi) were testing new rear hubs, driveshafts and 1m longer rear wishbones that i didn't have. car was dialed on the super high grip carpet.
Neal,

I've got the new Shock pistons but which goes where? Does the BM-S172 white go to the front and the 162 to the back or vice versa?

Thanks

Luke
Old 14-04-2016
No trade access

Quote:
Running standard kit set up with astro springs, far too hard for the indoor track.

Been using minipin1 and staggers but not sure where to begin with changing the set-up.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

What do you need your car to be ? More steering, more rear grip ? Too twitchy ?

So far the YZ2 has been one of the best cars on carpet for us but can be tweaked easily depending on carpet available.

You don't need much besides machined pistons and some Yatabé springs.
Shocks on the front, Ackerman shims tweaked to taste and you should be good.

Underlipo weight might help too.
Old 17-04-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
What do you need your car to be ? More steering, more rear grip ? Too twitchy ?

So far the YZ2 has been one of the best cars on carpet for us but can be tweaked easily depending on carpet available.

You don't need much besides machined pistons and some Yatabé springs.
Shocks on the front, Ackerman shims tweaked to taste and you should be good.

Underlipo weight might help too.

I've gone with the set-up Neal suggested, the car was kind of set-up for outdoors, far too stiff. Car was pushing everywhere and bouncing around too much.
Will be trying out Tuesday night so will see how it goes. Currently running saddle packs so guessing I could give the lipo weight a miss until I swap to shorty packs?

Luke
Old 17-04-2016

Have just moved to a YZ2 myself in the last week and am running this setup at Silverstone Arena - http://site.petitrc.com/setup/yokomo...ich2016012931/

Worked brilliantly first time out with the car last week, my cars a CA but doubt that makes too much difference tbh.....went to practice day yesterday and would recommend it to help find the right setup for the car, tested with weights under lipos etc without the pressure of racing around me and will be playing with anti-squat and castor in the coming weeks to get them to my liking
Old 17-04-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizz View Post
Have just moved to a YZ2 myself in the last week and am running this setup at Silverstone Arena - http://site.petitrc.com/setup/yokomo...ich2016012931/

Worked brilliantly first time out with the car last week, my cars a CA but doubt that makes too much difference tbh.....went to practice day yesterday and would recommend it to help find the right setup for the car, tested with weights under lipos etc without the pressure of racing around me and will be playing with anti-squat and castor in the coming weeks to get them to my liking
Great to hear that you're using the same set-up with success as I spent a fortune on parts and time and didn't want a moment!

Hoping to make Tuesday night and see how I get on with it. See you there.