Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Northern Ireland

Old 25-01-2012

The highest F grade achievable at regional level is F2. But what Will says is correct. The winner takes F2 and then it's worked on percentages after that down to F5 grade.
Old 21-02-2012

Hi, I'm new to here. This 2wd off-road class looks appeal to me but apart from my experience in backyard bashing, I have little experience in racing.

Is there anything I need to know more regarding this class, especially with brushless motor and battery setup?

I am looking at AE RC10B4 buggy, would that do for a newbie like me?
Old 22-02-2012
Mad Member

Hi Andy,

I've entered the series via rcracecontrol.com - I just have a few questions

The series details 3 rounds with 2 to count and a trophy presentation on sept 22nd at Drop-In. Isn't Drop-In now hosting a race meeting? So shouldn't it be 4 rounds with 3 to count? Please clarify.

Can you pay on the day? Including Drop-In, full prepay entry for two classes wold be £96 (£112 inc. BRCA membership - that's 135 Euro) It's a bit much to be handing out in one lump

I want to pitch this series to the boys in the south and these questions will be asked, so I just want to be clear.

Well done getting it all sorted!

Will
Old 22-02-2012
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to mole2k

Just to further the questions by Will, if payment in a lump sum is required could it be done via post dated cheques so that the money per event wont be taken out till the date of the event (or slightly before)?

www.rcbearings.co.uk
Old 22-02-2012

Thanks for getting back to me Will.

The drop inn will only be as stated a trophy day and NOT a round of the championship because of issuses with the track size. So it will be a day ran as per club rules.

The events must be pre paid there will be no pay at track. This allows for organising of trophies etc and allows the clubs involved to set up the timing system before the event to save hassle. As for paying you DON'T have to pay for all races at once. I will be altering the closing dates to closer to the event date so this should make it easier for people.

Hope this has been of some help to you

Thanks
Andy
Old 22-02-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asdesigns View Post
Thanks for getting back to me Will.

The drop inn will only be as stated a trophy day and NOT a round of the championship because of issuses with the track size. So it will be a day ran as per club rules.

The events must be pre paid there will be no pay at track. This allows for organising of trophies etc and allows the clubs involved to set up the timing system before the event to save hassle. As for paying you DON'T have to pay for all races at once. I will be altering the closing dates to closer to the event date so this should make it easier for people.

Hope this has been of some help to you

Thanks
Andy
Hi Andy,

Sounds like a good solution. I'll enter round 1 now and await your updates before entering round 2.

Regards,

William
Old 22-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnettgs View Post
Hi, I'm new to here. This 2wd off-road class looks appeal to me but apart from my experience in backyard bashing, I have little experience in racing.

Is there anything I need to know more regarding this class, especially with brushless motor and battery setup?

Not sure what all info u need but I help at the Craigavon club and if u send me a PM I'll help if I can. Would be best to get some club racing before committing to a bigger event.
Old 22-02-2012

Send a message via Skype™ to Cardnim

Quote:

Hi BarnettGS - Sorry, I missed your post or would have replied sooner. Great to hear of others interested in racing. I only got started a year ago after bashing around and can thoroughly recommend it. Very friendly bunch (mostly! ) and lots of help.

There are a couple of places in go 1.10th off road racing up north, and a few more down south. All the ones that I have been to have been damn good fun.

I can recommend Drop-Inn racing every other Wed night as Eda has already said. Its a good environment to hone your skills and get some racing practise and experience. Let me know if you are going along, and I'll stop by to say hi.
Old 22-02-2012

Not at all.

From my youth, I have some experiences with a few electric kits including 1/10th touring car and an off-road Marder buggy and some nitro car/trucks. Now I have only one rc which is AE RC10GT2 nitro truck.

The last electric I had was over 10 years ago!

I am looking at RC10B4 RTR buggy because it is cheap enough for me to start the racing/bashing hobby and I hope it is ok enough for any club.

Just a couple of questions - Battery - which capacity/voltage is enough for all day racing, providing time for re-charging etc? And the standard motor which comes with RTR is 3300kV, would that be ok for a start?

Many thanks

Gary
Old 22-02-2012

Hey Gary,

The RC10 B4.1 seems to be a popular buggy at Drop-Inn with quite a few racing round every meeting, and much more than once Ive been amazed at how strong they are when they hit the walls! they seem to be built like tanks.

However, in my own opinion, the Reedy 3300kV motor is too slow for anyone but a complete newcomer. Im sure that because you have raced before, and bash around with the nitro that a more powerful motor might be better.
THe 3300 equates to roughly a 13.5 turn motor.
I believe alot of people seem to have good success with a 10.5 turn motor as this seems to give a good balance of flat out speed, and smooth, low end torque.

However, Im no 2WD expert, so "Eda" or one of the other 2wd maestros on here will shed more light.

As for batteries, go for your 2s Lipo and you wont go far wrong. Capacity wise, Im running 5400mAh and I can get about 2 races out of these, so I think anything over 3300mAh and you should easily have enough juice for a race, while not being too large that you cant get fully charged before the next race.
It also depends what fits in your car, and again, I dont know what batteries fit or not in the RC10.
Old 23-02-2012

Send a message via MSN to colmo Send a message via Skype™ to colmo

For Drop Inn, the Reedy 3300kv is plenty. You've seen Pierce hurtling recklessly around with that motor, and the only thing he lacks is any regard for throttle control.....just nail the gearing and you're sorted.

A 2wd running a modest motor, or maybe even an 8.5T, which is the most I'd recommend for Drop Inn in 2wd, draws under 1500mah.

Carnim draws far more because a) he drives a 4wd, much less efficient, b) runs a 6.5T and c) is a ruthless throttle-masher

Photos:
Oople Invernational 2010 - Sodden Sunday
Muchmore N. Irish GP 2010 (Touring cars)
BADMCC 1/8th Nitro buggies

Current cars:
X6^2 | JC BJ4WE | TM E4 & E4JS | HPI E-Firestorm | Losi Crawler | + many F1s, super crawlers, scalers, drifters in the works...
Old 23-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by colmo View Post
Cardnim draws far more because a) he drives a 4wd, much less efficient, b) runs a 6.5T and c) is a ruthless throttle-masher
I WOULD LIKE TO TAKE OFFENCE AT THAT STATEMENT!!!

....but cannot as its fairly accurate.
Old 23-02-2012

Great and if I find it lacking, I can always upgrade to more powerful motor later.

A last question - Would two packs of battery be sufficient for evening racing? I am looking at 5000mAh ones.

I still have not made up my mind yet whether to join in the racing or not but if I do, I hope to make it before the first round of the series.

Gary
Old 23-02-2012

Two 5000mAH might be sufficient for a full nights racing without charging.
They are CERTAINLY way more than the minimum if you are charging between rounds (which everyone does)

You definately want to come racing and join in. Its great fun, and with just that little competitive edge, it keeps it exciting.
Old 23-02-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Great and if I find it lacking, I can always upgrade to more powerful motor later.

A last question - Would two packs of battery be sufficient for evening racing? I am looking at 5000mAh ones.

I still have not made up my mind yet whether to join in the racing or not but if I do, I hope to make it before the first round of the series.

Gary
Hi Gary,

Best go down to racing for a look before you buy anything. You;d be surprised what bargains (2nd hand) might be on offer by club members.
1 pack of batteries will do you fine, you'll have enough time to cahrge them between races.

Will
Old 24-02-2012

One pack off bats did me for a long time but one of the last days at naul when u had the big jump i cudnt make it half way through they wer dieing i wud reckomend 2 or more but will get by with one if pushed
Old 24-02-2012

1 Battery is essential (for obvious reasons :P)
2 Batteries is a luxury which just basically affords you a bit more leeway should things start to get tight time wise.

If you have one battery I would stick with that for a while as it will be possible to race perfectly well on the one pack.
Old 24-02-2012
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to mole2k

^^ That was me.

www.rcbearings.co.uk
Old 24-02-2012

Cheers. I think I will start off with just one battery and see how it goes.

Let me know if there is any meeting at NIMCC or Drop Inn coming up soon.

By the way, is NIMCC's website down?
Old 24-02-2012

Drop Inn Racing next Wednesday 29th Feb 7.00 - 10.30. See dropinnracing.com for directions etc.