Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/10th OFF ROAD

Old 19-07-2016

Default Which Buggy to go with?

Hi all,

I am after some advice I have stopped 1/8th Nitro, and I am going into 1/10th 4WD.... or should I go 2WD (not raced 2WD before)

Options I am looking at are below, would appreciate some advice please?

1: XB4 2016
2: ZX6

or 2WD XB2, I havnt looked at others just yet.

Thanks in advance
Old 19-07-2016
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philjc View Post
Hi all,

I am after some advice I have stopped 1/8th Nitro, and I am going into 1/10th 4WD.... or should I go 2WD (not raced 2WD before)

Options I am looking at are below, would appreciate some advice please?

1: XB4 2016
2: ZX6

or 2WD XB2, I havnt looked at others just yet.

Thanks in advance
Hi ,
I might be a bit biast but i recomend the xb4'16 , mine is the best 4wd i have ever had , its really easy to drive , can be pushed hard and is as tough as the other top cars..

For 2wd i run the xb2 2016 , again a very good car
Old 19-07-2016

yeah i like the xb4 2016, it looks a solid car,,,, rare as rocking horse poo though as I cant spring for a new right now.
Old 19-07-2016

Some things you might want to consider:

1) is 4wd popular at the tracks you intend to race at (2wd is more popular normally) - are you racing indoor and/or outdoor?
2) both the xray and zx6 are quality cars and command good prices used - some idea of your budget would help people advise on alternatives
3) regionals and nationals are ending in the next few weeks - people tend to sell on cars ASAP after if they are changing brands before winter so maybe wait a little while
4) if you decide on 2wd there are plenty of decent cars out there theses days and good ones appear in the 4 sale section regularly at good prices with spares etc
5) you haven't mentioned electrics for the buggy - again if buying choose the right motor for the class you race (no idea how experienced you are in rallyx)
6) if you can't decide visit the local track and ask drivers about the good and bad things about their cars and if they'd buy the same one again - you might be surprised at some of the answers!

Hope this helps
AE B74
AE T6.1
AE SC6.1

Kits and parts supplied by:
http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/[/size]

My Feedback thread: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthre...945#post691945
Old 19-07-2016

Hiya mate,

Thanks for what you wrote, I have raced rally for about 15 years on and off, bent slightly into electric when i converted a MBX7 into and Eco with a BCE chassis from the states, which in all fairness was great as I could actually hear what was going on...

I have looked at my local track they run most electric classes including on-road (TRCCC) in somerset so have a good idea which way I want to go.

I ventured into 1/10th for a little while with a K1 running DuelSky electrics, but it soon came to an end as I had to move away (that's the military for you) but I am now close to a track again and want to get back into it.

I cant get away from 4WD as that is what I have raced, but I guess 2WD maybe something to consider.

Thanks again for your help
Old 19-07-2016

Most popular class at TRCCC is 2WD, sometimes theres enough for 1 or 2 4WD heats but other times theres no heats for 4WD at all.

I just checked the series on their website and in 7 rounds so far this year, 68 different people have raced 2WD and 26 have raced 4WD, which have only ran 4 rounds out of 7 (and only 5 people have raced 3 or more rounds)

I'd highly recommend a 2WD, its more fun when theres a bigger number of drivers, rather than everyone in the same heat.
Old 19-07-2016

I've ran the XB2 this season and it's been brilliant. The quality and strength of this thing is like nothing else I've owned. I bought two carpet editions at the start of the outdoor season incase one broke. The second car is still brandnew and I'm going to convert it into dirt spec so it gets some use. I've got a ZX6 4wd but I've only used it 3 times. If you fancy a nice used ZX6 drop me a PM.

Modelsport UK Race Team | Schumacher KC
Old 20-07-2016

Thanks guys I appreciate the advice
Old 20-07-2016

If you are planning on racing in the south west 2wd is the most popular at trccc,mendip,mid Devon raceway and Torbay indoor winter series.
Lrp
Eds
Sworkz 35-4n
Alpha dragon
Old 20-07-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robocop View Post
If you are planning on racing in the south west 2wd is the most popular at trccc,mendip,mid Devon raceway and Torbay indoor winter series.
It does seem that way yeah, there goes my 4WD dream hahaha now to choose a 2WD buggy, let the headache begin!
Old 20-07-2016

You shouldn't. Forget the less popular 2wd's out their. I run the sworkz and it is a awesome car to run. And found it to be like a tank when it comes to strength also all good model shops can get the car and spares back up is very good. Also all the team drivers. Are always more than happy to help when it comes to setup's
HB Racing D418
www.kandmacoustics.co.uk
Old 20-07-2016

Cars run are xray,Schumacher,team c,associated,kyosho,yokomo,Durango at the tracks so maybe move down and come and have a look at them ...
Lrp
Eds
Sworkz 35-4n
Alpha dragon
Old 20-07-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robocop View Post
Cars run are xray,Schumacher,team c,associated,kyosho,yokomo,Durango at the tracks so maybe move down and come and have a look at them ...
ill be at trcc this Sunday to have a look mate, might see if I can get hold of an XB2, you never know