Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Mid EAST

Old 02-02-2010

Default SC10 interest and rule proposals

Several months ago at the AGM it was proposed to hold a heat of SC10s at each of our regionals during the summer. I was just wondering if people are still interested in taking part and if so people's ideas as to a sensible set of rules for the category. We need something that will keep the competition close but not force anyone to spend too much money. So if there is enough interest then this might be a good place to start the discussion so that we can get the rules sorted out in plenty of time before the start of the season.

Nathan Waters
Mid East Regional Rep.
Old 02-02-2010

I would be interested if the mid south followed suit.
13.5 motors proline or kit tyres SC10s only no other form of truck such as the x6t xxxt t4
Old 02-02-2010

Send a message via MSN to Garry

Same as already successfully running at West Bridgford and Newark, which are basically stock 2wd SCT's, 10.5 or 19t motors, and kit tyres.

Make sure theres a difference between calling it Short Course Trucks and SC10 though, or else you're stopping anyone with a HPI Blitz, Traxxas Slash, Losi Strike etc.

But I'm in for every round, probably another 3/4 from Newark too.
Old 02-02-2010

Short course trucks it is then. But surely kit tyres doesnt work because not all of the manufacturers have the same kit tyres. We also need a tyre that would work if it rains? Would it be better to specify a control tyre? Even if it is the same as one of the kit tyres.
Old 02-02-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ned View Post
Short course trucks it is then. But surely kit tyres doesnt work because not all of the manufacturers have the same kit tyres. We also need a tyre that would work if it rains? Would it be better to specify a control tyre? Even if it is the same as one of the kit tyres.
We run a cross platform rule at bridgford so if you want to use a Slash tyre on a Sc10 and you can get it to fit then you can use it. Personally I think it works to a degree, although no-one has actually tried it yet but the option is availiable.

Kit tyres is a good idea but it always comes undone when there is a shortage of availibilty, trust me i used to race Tamiya eurocup where you had to run tamiya only tyres and there was usually one round every season where there was a shortage of tyres and the people who had them benefited it from it. We even had it this year at the bridgford Short course truck championship. I would say there are enough tyres on the market now that mean people should be able to have a choice about what they run providing they are designed for short course truck use.

I think, based on what we have run at bridgford and what people on this forum suggested when the trucks came out the rules should be as follows.

1. Any availiable 1/10 scale 2wd electric short course truck.
  2. Any availiable tyre can be used provided it has been designed for short course truck use, (No 1/8th wheel adaptors allowed)
  3. 10.5 Brushless or 19 turn motor limit
  4. Must use Short course style bodyshell.
  5. Battery and motor rules as per BRCA 2010 lists.

Robert Jaques, Schumacher Racing KC, K2. Team Associated SC5M

"The Japanese Sniper"

Team Autocare & Cycles