Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 05-08-2011

Default Stealth 1/10 tc

guys have you seen the new stealth 1/10th tc car that comes in at a very sensible price. this is a move between a mardave and top tc cars you can see the pictures on www.rccircuitcars.com under general chat its made in the midlands and i think this is going to be a real middle range tc car
Old 05-08-2011

Send a message via MSN to colmo Send a message via Skype™ to colmo

To avoid having to register on that forum, here's the direct link (just the one picture):

What class does this fit into? GT10 / World GT? (Edit: nope, those use foam wheels). It can't be a touring car, those must have independent suspension on all wheels. The most similar car I can think of is the Tamiya F103 GT.

Photos:
Oople Invernational 2010 - Sodden Sunday
Muchmore N. Irish GP 2010 (Touring cars)
BADMCC 1/8th Nitro buggies

Current cars:
X6^2 | JC BJ4WE | TM E4 & E4JS | HPI E-Firestorm | Losi Crawler | + many F1s, super crawlers, scalers, drifters in the works...
Old 05-08-2011

Nice idea and design, looks like it could be a good club car depending on the price. It doesn't look like their is any side damping on the rear unless their is a t-bar hidden in there somewhere... I have to agree though it's only rival is the F103GT.
Old 05-08-2011

Send a message via MSN to colmo Send a message via Skype™ to colmo

Price is slated for £149.99 - I presume that's for the kit.

The trouble I see with that, is the Schumacher Mi1 (the re-released Mission) is cheaper, and is actually a touring car. There are also quite a number of 2wd tourers out there now too - FF03 and Sabre come to mind, both FWD.

I know too little of the scene to judge, it might gain a following. I can see it appealing to Mardave enthusiasts.

Photos:
Oople Invernational 2010 - Sodden Sunday
Muchmore N. Irish GP 2010 (Touring cars)
BADMCC 1/8th Nitro buggies

Current cars:
X6^2 | JC BJ4WE | TM E4 & E4JS | HPI E-Firestorm | Losi Crawler | + many F1s, super crawlers, scalers, drifters in the works...
Old 05-08-2011

Its going to be a between car 1 up from a dave and just below a full blown tc. the guy who is building these cars is doing a great job something british so im thinking that this car will get loads of support just watch this space!!!!

colmo yes sorry that it put you out to register on the site mate but welcome aboard anyway
Old 05-08-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Why cant we just browse the site first as you can with oople. It gives you a chance to decide if you like the site or not before signing up.
Old 05-08-2011

Point taken mate
Old 05-08-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
It doesn't look like their is any side damping on the rear unless their is a t-bar hidden in there somewhere... .
T 'Flex' System
Utilising a traditional T-bar set-up in conjunction with adjustable shock absorbers aids traction and cornering speed. Firm set-up for high grip tracks and soft set-up for low grip tracks.

CFR RCTV Channel
Glenn Atterton

BRCA 2005 1/10th Off-Road Veterans Champion
LMP12 National Champion 2003/2004 / F3 class
Old 05-08-2011

No disrespect intended but that looks like the nearest thing I've ever seen to a model car that wont work - on any level.

It's gonna be a pig to drive, have you ever tried a rwd car on 24mm tc tyres - no grip or traction whatsoever even for brushed.

No races/classes for it - nuff said - therefore no market.

The chassis design is like nothing else out there. There is no need for two expensive longitudinal dampers but there is a need for a lateral one. If it was meant to be cheap and easy then why not go for a friction damper like the old rc12/ corallys et al?

I genuinely wish the maker all the best of luck with it.
Old 05-08-2011
Mad Member

For £89 l could buy a Sakura zero S which is a great club class 1/10 4wd touring car.

I don't want to sound negative but I would be interested to know the following ideas behind it, Who is it for? What does it give the rc fanatic that existing chassis classes do not? Why will the consumer spend a high amount on it instead of buying cheaper alternatives in other already established classes?
Old 06-08-2011

http://youtu.be/eGfgDraFgck
Old 06-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulnuneaton View Post
Oh that looks really bad on the track. I'm wondering why they post this awful video of the car. This is no good marketing...
Old 06-08-2011

I like the idea of maybe having more power than grip. The car does look like it's struggling at ardent which is a very high grip track but you don't know I they have used additive on the Tyres what Tyres were used on the car.
It would certaintly benefit from a bigger offset wheel on the rear with a softer tyre compound on the rear also.
Good effort though and would love a go with one to see what it's like.
Old 06-08-2011

At last some postives from the last post by Tomo this car is not out to rival the tc gang again its a step up from a dave giving people the chance to have something as a in between the video was of the car going slow for the shots i to think that in the right hands a few tweeks here and there the car will be ok COME ON GUYS ITS BRITISH MADE so hats off to that. i will have one in the next couple of weeks for theguys to have a look at even have a go with thats when the car will grow when people put their imput into the car
Old 06-08-2011
Mad Member

I just dont see how it's a step between mardaves and touring cars when it costs more than lots of 4wd touring cars and doesnt offer anything better than a 4wd TC or even a 1/10 pan car.

And the British thing doesnt make a jot of difference to consumers.

I don't want to sound negative. I have been following the development of this chassis for a long time, it's just that the end result seems a out of sync with it's price when you consider where it's meant to be placed in the target market.

I also must say that the video fails to actually show footage of the chassis, there are static pictures but the car on the track could be anything (although no one doubts it isn't the actual car). They should edit in some video of the actual chassis showing the suspension etc. I think Tamiya set a president in the 80's for this and most have followed. Especially as it's a new chassis so people will need to see how it works etc.
Old 08-08-2011
Mad Member

even at low speed it look to struggle with the cornering unless it was a monkey driving it,just looks like a cheap tc with the pivot ball steering rear end looks nice but can tell that the rear end is lighter then the front so explains why the rear end looks like its going also why it struggles to corner its like a moped trying to pull a caravan never guna happen!
Old 08-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch!3f View Post
even at low speed it look to struggle with the cornering unless it was a monkey driving it,just looks like a cheap tc with the pivot ball steering rear end looks nice but can tell that the rear end is lighter then the front so explains why the rear end looks like its going also why it struggles to corner its like a moped trying to pull a caravan never guna happen!
tell you what we should all walk round with bearskin hats big grey coats all drive the same car a lada and all holiday in southend.
Give the guy who makes the car a chance as for a moped pulling a caravan some parts of bradford you will see it
Old 09-08-2011
Mad Member

The closest car this is up against is the f103gt which was a fun car to drive. So you could race it against those if you wanted a class.

As I say I want them to do well, I just concerned about the final price.

I'd like to see the moped pulling a caravan though..
Old 10-08-2011
Mad Member

im just saying what everyone can see look at the front its a touring car look at the rear end its like a link car/ f1 car which looks a lot lighter if i was him id reduce the front end weight get rid of the ball joint steering as its heavy and replace with link car steering and a shock in the centre basic diagram of how i mean []<<--->>[] lol but would reduce weight less parts so cost will drop
Old 10-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyinggekko View Post
Oh that looks really bad on the track. I'm wondering why they post this awful video of the car. This is no good marketing...
That is exactly what i thought !