Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > East of England

Old 19-01-2014

Default Quick question

Il be new to the eoe this year and most of the tracks that it will race on . can anyone tell me what tyres I should purchase for the tracks? And inserts?
Old 19-01-2014
Mad Member

We're running the same control tyre rule as the National series this year, so I believe that means a choice of Schumacher mini spikes or Ballistic Buggy spikes on the driven axle ie all round on a 4wd, 2wd front tyre choice is free.

Inserts, you can't go wrong with some MrO's
Old 19-01-2014

Excellent thank you for that didn't want to get the wrong tyre . Can't wait to start racing.
Old 19-01-2014

Funnily enough I have been speaking with Paul from the BRCA today as I noticed a slight difference between the rules and the entry forms, the control tyre for 2wd is on the driven wheels, and for 4wd it is the REAR axle only,this is why according to Paul.....

"Rule 23.11 was changed last year to accommodate the possibility (although unlikely) of a manufacturer making a 2WD car with front wheels driving. Therefore it was changed to "driven axle on 2WD". (There can only be one driven axle on 2WD)."

23.11 At Sanctioned events two types of control tyre will be adopted for the driven axle on 2WD cars and the rear axle of 4WD cars. The choice of tyres for the non-driven axle on 2WD cars and the front axle on 4WD cars will be free, subject to conforming to rule 23.7. The Section committee will approve the choice of control tyres. The make and type of the control tyres to be used at National events will be specified on the National Championship entry form and also in the confirmation document. There will be no restriction on the number or compound of tyres used.

So look out for a free choice on the front axles of 4wd's :-)
Old 19-01-2014

That sounds great . So if the driven wheels are let's say Schumacher spikes what would be the recommended tyre for the front? I've seen somewhere that someone said that the schuy staggered tyres would be ok to use?
Old 19-01-2014
Mad Member

If your talking about 4wd, it depends on the how much grip the track has and your own driving style, cut staggers work well on the front of a Durango if you don't like too much steering or suffer from grip roll. I'd go for the normal profile cut stagger with a 4wd front insert in it if that's the route you wanted to take.