Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 30-03-2011
Banned

Angry Team Durango cant make diffs for sh!t....

I dont care what durango or anybody says, ive spent silly £££ with durango and for the 3rd time both diffs are f**ked and will cost me at least another £30 to sort.

no point contacting team cant make diffs, they will blow some bull sh!t my way about how its not covered under warranty

ive built them PERFECTLY, no play in them, shimmed correctly, slipper not to tight, throttle profile low, brakes reduced to 75%

takes the ****** ***** p!$$ they lasted only 3 heats from a full rebuild

durango im seriously p!$$ed with you and tbh considering selling it for something that works and doesnt need rebuilding every heat costing a months wages each time.

takes the fun out of racing!!!
Old 30-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainlip View Post
I dont care what durango or anybody says, ive spent silly £££ with durango and for the 3rd time both diffs are f**ked and will cost me at least another £30 to sort.

no point contacting team cant make diffs, they will blow some bull sh!t my way about how its not covered under warranty

ive built them PERFECTLY, no play in them, shimmed correctly, slipper not to tight, throttle profile low, brakes reduced to 75%

takes the ****** ***** p!$$ they lasted only 3 heats from a full rebuild

durango im seriously p!$$ed with you and tbh considering selling it for something that works and doesnt need rebuilding every heat costing a months wages each time.

takes the fun out of racing!!!

Have you asked any of your local team drivers to take a look at your car to see if they can spot any problems? - not that I'm saying youre doing anything wrong, but might be worth a try.
Old 30-03-2011
Banned

ive literally tried everything, this time when they were built they both felt perfect, no play, meshed perfect.

really losing faith in rango, clearly there is an issue as they have put a guide up to build them.

if durango send me some perfectly built diffs as a way of sorting this and thanking me for the hundereds ive spent with them then i would give them thumbs up again.

but ill just get fu*ked off like usual as they dont want to know about it.
Old 30-03-2011

No offence but I have not heard, seen of many going tbh.. The Guide-is a guide.. more companies should follow!
Old 30-03-2011
Banned

then why would i have 3 sets off diffs fu*k up???

seriously the diffs are built really well. but now ive spent over £100 on diffs parts that keep failing.

i must be single handed financing durangos development team

common rango i want an answer for this and something done about it before you lose a good customer and i spread the word to aviod rango diffs
Old 30-03-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiekerr14 View Post
No offence but I have not heard, seen of many going tbh.. The Guide-is a guide.. more companies should follow!
Agreed, number of us run them at torch and have no problems. Think circa 8 410s recently.
Old 30-03-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyscott View Post
Agreed, number of us run them at torch and have no problems. Think circa 8 410s recently.
How tight is the slipper as that is also key to protecting drive train
Old 30-03-2011

Well if you said you have built them perfectly, there must be something else wrong causing it too happen, what parts have actually gone?

~Tiverton Radio Control Car Club-
Old 30-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainlip View Post
ive literally tried everything, this time when they were built they both felt perfect, no play, meshed perfect.

really losing faith in rango, clearly there is an issue as they have put a guide up to build them.

if durango send me some perfectly built diffs as a way of sorting this and thanking me for the hundereds ive spent with them then i would give them thumbs up again.

but ill just get fu*ked off like usual as they dont want to know about it.
But have you talked to a local team driver racing on the same track? They are there to help.
Old 31-03-2011

Send a message via AIM to Adam Skelding Send a message via MSN to Adam Skelding Send a message via Yahoo to Adam Skelding Send a message via Skype™ to Adam Skelding

Captainlip.
I have read through the entire thread and there has got to be an obvious problem with your gearboxes if you are going through gear at the rate you suggest.

If you input shaft is moving around so much, it maybe worth checking that your bearings on the input shaft haven't collapsed, which could be causing the excessive movement. There is certainly no need to put extra shims in here, it simply won't help. If you are putting extra shims in you are using them to cover up a problem which lies elsewhere.

As of yet we are still to hear from you directly at Team Durango, as other people have mentioned on this thread, it's how we deal with our customer service questions, we don't deal with them on forums as it prevents us from dealing with any issues on a one to one basis.

The diffs were extensively tested and have been run by the team for nearly 2 years now without any major issues. There are no other parts being used by the team, everyone has the same parts that you do and the build guide on the TD website:
http://www.team-durango.com/blog/?p=2584
Was put there to answer the most commonly asked question we had as to the proper methodology in building our diffs.

Most cases can simply be rectified without the purchase of any new parts, there is usually a glaring problem which is found and resolved quickly.

Could I please ask you to contact support@team-durango.com so we can help you to resolve your issue.

Powered by OptiPower

Do, or do not, there is no try!
Old 31-03-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Skelding View Post
Captainlip.
I have read through the entire thread and there has got to be an obvious problem with your gearboxes if you are going through gear at the rate you suggest.

If you input shaft is moving around so much, it maybe worth checking that your bearings on the input shaft haven't collapsed, which could be causing the excessive movement. There is certainly no need to put extra shims in here, it simply won't help. If you are putting extra shims in you are using them to cover up a problem which lies elsewhere.

As of yet we are still to hear from you directly at Team Durango, as other people have mentioned on this thread, it's how we deal with our customer service questions, we don't deal with them on forums as it prevents us from dealing with any issues on a one to one basis.

The diffs were extensively tested and have been run by the team for nearly 2 years now without any major issues. There are no other parts being used by the team, everyone has the same parts that you do and the build guide on the TD website:
Was put there to answer the most commonly asked question we had as to the proper methodology in building our diffs.

Most cases can simply be rectified without the purchase of any new parts, there is usually a glaring problem which is found and resolved quickly.

Could I please ask you to contact support@team-durango.com so we can help you to resolve your issue.

Yokomo - Nemoracing
Sb Designs
http://www.fairfueluk.com/
Old 31-03-2011
Mad Member

The only way to top this level of customer service would be for Mr. Skelding to drive to the guy's house & ring his doorbell... with hot tea and biscuits to go...

Tech Tips, HopUps & Bling

Xray 2014 XB4 4WD & 2WD | B4 FTW Night Fox XL | Mugen MRX-5 | RB | Futaba 3VCS FASST | Faskolor

Visit my showroom
Old 31-03-2011
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Skelding View Post
Captainlip.

thanks for your reply, i have sent an email to that address for your attention. I will see what we can resolve off the forum and get back to winning ways

I recommend durango to everybody but really need this sorting as ive found myself getting very annoyed with the diffs every meet.
Old 31-03-2011
Mad Member

phil just thinking to some problems you posted when you bought the car,ie when you pressed the throttle the car went backwards.If i remember rightly everyone told you to flip you diffs round,but after looking at your transmitter for you, you had the settings all over the place,im just thinking if you have the diffs still in the wrong way round then maybe when your getting on the throttle the center drive shaft is trying to lift them out of the gear boxes causing them to strip??? could this happen durango guys?

phil get your manual out and check everything is the right way round,
also phil if you remember when i set your radio gear up for you at roundabout we had to reverse the throttle trim,if your diff are in the wrong way flip them back over then reverse your throttle trim again,then i dont think youl have anymore problems with your diffs!!
Old 31-03-2011

KYOSHO
LAZER
FS-2
MUHAHAA

E REVO
BAJA,SS TS REED
All The Gear,and No Idea!!
4PKS,4PL
PILLOW CASE CREW
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29834
Old 31-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattb View Post
phil just thinking to some problems you posted when you bought the car,ie when you pressed the throttle the car went backwards.If i remember rightly everyone told you to flip you diffs round,but after looking at your transmitter for you, you had the settings all over the place,im just thinking if you have the diffs still in the wrong way round then maybe when your getting on the throttle the center drive shaft is trying to lift them out of the gear boxes causing them to strip??? could this happen durango guys?

phil get your manual out and check everything is the right way round,
also phil if you remember when i set your radio gear up for you at roundabout we had to reverse the throttle trim,if your diff are in the wrong way flip them back over then reverse your throttle trim again,then i dont think youl have anymore problems with your diffs!!
Well obviously this guy seems to think it went backwards, and he obviously knows you as he set your radio gear up...

Old 31-03-2011
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun 'TheSheep' Atkinson View Post
Well obviously this guy seems to think it went backwards, and he obviously knows you as he set your radio gear up...
No he sorted a few servo issues on my tranny and in the process it went backwards while he was fiddling with settings, I know what he means as when was first built I put it in the wrong way buy this is because the tranny was all backwards. Nothing to do with this problem now but was a valid point to ask.