Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Scotland

Old 23-02-2012

Bryan how did you manage to race at all last year without a license? if you don't have one you don't have any insurance - so if your car injured someone and they sued you - you personally would be liable.
Old 23-02-2012

there was a muckup with my application. tried to sort it but got nowhere.
Old 23-02-2012
Mad Member

Default BRCA

All the more reason to be more strict at regional meetings. No BRCA, no race! Keeps everyone right
Reedy

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63097
Old 23-02-2012

Quite right, I agree with the rules. Just thought I bring it to the attention of anyone who does not yet have their brca membership. Wouldn't be nice if someone turned up to race and got turned away on the day
Old 25-02-2012

Just to clear thing up a little here there were 3 people who had managed to compete without having a BRCA membership.

As you already know Bryan was one of them the others i'm not at liberty to give their names.

I hope i'm correct in saying this but Bryan technically you are not loosing you F grading but seeing as you had no BRCA Licence last year then the SORC committee had to be seen to act. However because there is fault on both the SORC for not checking BRCA membership & also the racers in question then we could only do the following, as a fair compromise:

1. Competitors don't loose there 2011 result & hence F grade
  2. Competitors who didn't have a BRCA licence during 2011 will be demoted to heat 1 (or the lowest heat) for round 1 of the 2012 season (after round 1 seeding is done on championship position)
With the above in mind & with regards to Bryan specifically he should still manage to qualify well from heat 1 & so be in a much higher heat at round 2 of the championship.

This was deemed to be the only fair solution with both sides having fault in this matter.

Hope this helps

Scottish 4wd 1/10th Off Road Regional Champion 2010
Scottish 2wd 1/10th Off Road Regional Champion 2011
West Coast Open 4wd Champion 2011
West Coast Open 2wd Champion 2012
Old 25-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan durango View Post
Quite right, I agree with the rules. Just thought I bring it to the attention of anyone who does not yet have their brca membership. Wouldn't be nice if someone turned up to race and got turned away on the day
I don't see anyone getting turned away from a round of the SORC series.

By prebooking (using the online web entry) your BRCA licence will be checked to make sure it is valid for 2012, if it is you don't have anything to worry about, if it's not, you will be informed (the earlier you pre book the more warning you will have) there is a potential problem.

If you don't pre book to a meeting and just turn up for an entry, you MUST show your BRCA card, the obligation is with the racer, not the host club to prove you are a member or not.

If you are unable to prove you have joined the BRCA, by neither prebooking, nor supplying a valid 2012 BRCA membership card, then you will have to join the BRCA (£14) via the host club on the day before you are entered into the meeting. If you then end up with a duplicate BRCA membership this will be sorted out by the host club after the meeting.

This prevents anyone being turned away from any meeting in the series.

Remember, if you prebook early, it saves both the racer and the host club a lot of problems. This does not force you to enter on the day.

The online entry system will be available shortly, some final checks being made, watch Facebook and oOple for updates.
Kyosho DB1
Kyosho DB2
Kyosho Turbo Ultima
Kyosho Optima
Schumacher Atom
NORA - Northern Off-Road Arena - www.ddrcc.co.uk
Trader Feedback: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49044
Old 26-02-2012

Derek I'm sorry but why should the host club have 2 deal with getting any BRCA memberships for people who haven't bothered to get a membership before attending a race meeting??

Also further if they end up with a duplicate then that is there issue not the host clubs!

It is solely the responsibility of the racer to get & provide their BRCA membership no one else. Even if they apply through a club then it is still there own responsibility to ensure that they receive their membership by chasing it up if required.

If you wish to deal wish getting BRCA memberships for people at the race meetings the feel free may be a good role for yourself. I however at Falkirk's rounds have more than enough work never mind adding organizing BRCA memberships as well, I'm sure I'm not alone with this view.

Scottish 4wd 1/10th Off Road Regional Champion 2010
Scottish 2wd 1/10th Off Road Regional Champion 2011
West Coast Open 4wd Champion 2011
West Coast Open 2wd Champion 2012
Old 26-02-2012
Mad Member

Smile BRCA

Totally agree With John on this one. The guys who run the clubs have more than enough to do beforehand and on the day to mess about with people who could not be bothered renewing their membership.

If you go down south to a meeting without showing your Card then you are heading home so why should it be any different here?

Dave
Reedy

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63097
Old 27-02-2012

OK, just to clarify, DDRCC will not turn anyone away that cannot prove they have BRCA membership, you will however have to join on the day, so be prepared to pay £14 if you don't prebook or have your 2012 BRCA card.

Might be worth the other clubs hosting a round to clarify their position so that everyone is fully aware before they travel.

Just a heads up for everyone, if you look at registered drivers in the SORC 2012 series, there is a joined date next to your BRCA number, if you don't have a joined date against one of your cars you need to look into why your not showing on the BRCA website as having joined so far. It may be that you haven't joined yet, it may be you have a new number, changed your name, or any other reason.

There is plenty of time before the first round of the SORC series, so if you are showing as not having joined the BRCA, but you have evidence to prove otherwise, you can either pm me or email me at race.control@ddrcc.co.uk and I will update the database before the first meeting.

If you intend to race in 2012, and are not showing in the registered drivers list, if you want you can send your details as well and I'll add you.
Kyosho DB1
Kyosho DB2
Kyosho Turbo Ultima
Kyosho Optima
Schumacher Atom
NORA - Northern Off-Road Arena - www.ddrcc.co.uk
Trader Feedback: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49044