Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 10-11-2012

Send a message via MSN to TKG26
Default Picture of race TRACKS?

I was wondering if there is a thread i could go to on oople that has an image gallery of all the race tracks found under the oople family?

If not could we use this thread to post pictures of the popular tracks? Im looking for a one stop shop to see all the cool offroad track layouts..

Thanks

Just for inspiration ill post my summers home track...
OTTAWA,ONTARIO,CANADA
www.rcottawa.com

Look who flew over for a visit
Old 10-11-2012
Mini-Jimmy

Send a message via MSN to Mrs oOple

This is a really great idea - a 'track directory' of sorts is something that I have thought will be a good resource on here for quite a while. Just need the time to put something together and decide how it should look.

It would be really great for clubs / racers to post information about their venue, including track photos, facilities and local information, directions, details of indoor racing and about any regular races.

This sort of information is available on various threads throughout the forum, especially when national events have been hosted, or on club specific forums.

Eventually I'll work out a way to piece it all together as a one-stop shop for readily available standardised information about as many clubs as possible.

Old 10-11-2012

Default Race Days

Hi Vicky,

To add to the thoughts you've got, I know lots of clubs still race mid week all over the UK. I think it'd be good if the clubs were sorted by the day of the week they race so if a racer finds they'll be a certain part of the country during the week, they can search to see if anywheres racing on that day in that area.

I can recall seeing lots of thread requesting information like this.

Just an idea.
Old 10-11-2012

Think this is a great idea to post track pictures, representing what club and what day/night they race on etc.

good if people fancy something different and want to race at a different venue in the country they can travel to and be organized for it during the week or weekend etc.

martin

2002, 3 , 4
B.R.C.A Scottish indoor TC champion.
2005......... B.R.C.A Open modified Scottish TC champion.
2011....... Scottish Indoor OFF-ROAD champion.
2012 ......... Scottish SORC Off-Road Runner up.

My oOple Trader feedback http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84630
Old 10-11-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy110m View Post
Hi Vicky,

To add to the thoughts you've got, I know lots of clubs still race mid week all over the UK. I think it'd be good if the clubs were sorted by the day of the week they race so if a racer finds they'll be a certain part of the country during the week, they can search to see if anywheres racing on that day in that area.

I can recall seeing lots of thread requesting information like this.

Just an idea.
Its a good idea Andy

I think they should be listed by area, get all your local clubs together, that alphabetical is all over the place coz it's grown like mad over the last couple of years, problem with listings is keeping them up to date.

But you can do a simple list of local clubs like this, pdf format, hosted on the cloud: Mid South Club Days or Mid South Clubs these are updated 3 or 4 times a year, lost and gained a few clubs & shops since 2008.

More pictures please, great idea.
Old 10-11-2012

Send a message via MSN to TKG26

Great reaction..

Over here in Canada we typicaly over the years only race offroad during the summer. But in recent years have gone indoors for offroad(got lucky finding venues to host it) Our last track was indoor dirt later switch to carpet....

In the next few weeks we are starting up inside again on carpet or astro turf, depends what we can find. We often drop by oople to check out how our friends accross the pond build there carpet tracks..

On the topic of track building. With dirt you mold your jumps to work the way you need them. Are any of you building carpet tracks using any type of jump templates that people use to build there jumps from? OR is still very much trial and error with regards to jump construction for carpet?
Old 11-11-2012
Mad Member

At our Caldicot club, which runs indoors all year round, we build our tracks from scratch each week as we use a local community centre, so can't leave it all out.

We don't use a physical template or anything, but I guess we have a few general rules in our heads when we build them....

1) Always have down ramps...less marshalling & more happy racers!

2) Smooth the transition from the floor onto the up ramp...hardboard works really well, the natural curve it creates is perfect!

3) A flat/smooth take off lip to the up ramp ensures the car takes off nice and flat.

4) Smooth the shape of the down ramp/second double/table top transitions...again hardboard is your friend!

5) Take off angle and take off length can be varied...long/flat/fast or short/steep/high

Clay tracks (mostly) naturally follow these rules, and the US has some great examples of all of this...it's tougher indoors, but the right materials and clever design you can get really close and design some awesome features to race on...time, materials and practice!

And back to the original topic...I'd love to see a gallery/thread/section for tracks...something that showed full track pics, peoples favourite track features, even build tips, etc...a small and dedicated bunch of racers spend a lot of time and energy building them for the masses to turn up and race on, and many people have great ideas that could be passed on...seeing everyone's hard work will help give clubs other ideas and improve things for everyone!

My little contribution to that...the outdoor track at WORM that a group of us built this 'summer'...

Will have to start taking some pics of the Calidcot tracks too...don't have any recent ones!
Racing in South West: http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk/
Racing in Wales: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Kept running by: Yokomo via MB Models & www.tracksidespares.co.uk
Shells by Square Crabs