Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Old 03-05-2006
Administrator

Default Setups!

Post your setups in here ! if you like!
Old 05-05-2006

Blank sheet & setups for MR4BX

Blank sheet & setups for B-Max4

Not so many thing on this one but maybe the list 'll grow with time!

Last edited by Arn0; 22-06-2010 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Fix broken link and addition of another one
Old 05-05-2006

I ran my car for the first time yesterday and the stock setup is so good, at my local track Im not sure Im chaging anything, One thing i did was shave a little be of the front top brace to clear the belt, but I did this when i built the car since I notes it was touching.
Old 07-06-2006

Hello

I've win a french nats with this setup.

Here :
http://mini-zone.com/download.php?lng=fr

and gallerie of the race here :
http://www.mini-zone.com/plugins/dia...fr&diapo_id=27

See you later
Old 11-07-2006

If anyone is running their car on dirt and experiencing belt and pulley damage putting a piece of notched foam over the belt solved most of my problems. The batteries hold it in place.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg belt foam.jpg (58.7 KB, 334 views)
Old 11-07-2006

I was thinking of using a bit of cut off 'brush' to have a similar effect as your foam idea, I think I'll try to sort something out tonight, don't want a diff full of grass this weekend.

Does anyone know where I can download a blank .pdf setup sheet for the BX? (I know there is a link to a .jpg one above but I want a .pdf so i can type on my PC)
Old 26-02-2009
Mad Member

Default B-MAX4 Indoor Setup

I hope nobody minds if I put a B-MAX4 setup in this thread... if this seems wrong then perhaps we could have a new sticky for them?

Anyway, this is the setup I settled on during the NE indoor regional series this winter. The tracks have all been multisurface with grip ranging from none to loads during the course of a single lap, and some big obstacles and tricky bumps too.

I'm not in a position to make any great claims about winning A finals (or B finals for that matter ), but I found this setup easy to drive, calming the B-MAX4's steering down, improving traction and jumping, while maintaining it's lovely ride quality.

Also worth noting that I did not break a single part on the car with the exception of some front shock mounting screws (solve this by putting some spacers on before the nuts to conceal the exposed thread), and one set of rear bevel gears (my fault - mesh is CRITICAL on this car - NO backlash - make SURE the transmission rolls freely at the same time).

If you do give it a try please let me know how you find it, it would be interesting to compare notes.

DA's B-MAX4 Indoor Setup
Old 12-05-2009

Bmax 4 setups with the lattest Tom Yardy setup @ Talywain, based on comments made by Tom
Old 12-05-2009

Thanks Arn0 that's perfect.
Old 02-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arn0 View Post
Bmax 4 setups with the lattest Tom Yardy setup @ Talywain, based on comments made by Tom
Tom's setup from Oswestry in PDF added, based on what Tom provides on this thread.
Old 03-06-2009

Nice one!
Old 12-08-2009

Question

Would anyone have baseline gearing for a very tight and bumpy dirt track, Komodo Dragon 19T, BX? Started at 24/81 and ended the day at 27/81....straight line speed was getting much better, so I feel I was going in the right direction, but I still couldn't finish any of my 5-minute heats as it seems the motor was getting too hot and the car would start to slow and eventually stop moving (steering still worked, so I'm wondering how much the charge in the batteries influenced this). The shutting down could've been my batteries (having my GFX updated for lipos and had to use my Triton that weekend), but the motor definitely smelled like it was getting hot and the color of the comm confirmed it (was red with the 24 and became lighter in color every tooth I went up on the pinion). The motor had one race night on it previously and was properly broken in, though I've now switched to silver brushes since the stockers have blued on the ends.

Am I close with the gearing? Would going to an 84 or 87 spur help?

Thanks!

EDIT: upon researching it a bit, it looks like the 81 tooth spur is probably too small for how tight the track is, so I'll try the stock 84 and report back. On another note, I really like the BX so far.....great steering and bump handling comparable to my XX4 and will likely be more durable. Kind of surprised the car didn't do better in the U.S. For anyone still running this car, Bastos' French Nationals setup from PetitRC is a great baseline for dirt....the specified white springs are somewhat stiff for really rough tracks, so I'm going to try the softer Yok springs from the optional spring set to tone down some of the bounce and lengthen the front camber links to see if I can get a little more steering throughout the end of the turns.

I should also mention that dirt ingress into the drivetrain wasn't a problem; running Shadows' vinyl diff covers and a piece of tire foam stuffed into the outdrive to protect the thrust bearings, the diffs stayed smooth all day. I also used a small pick to remove any small pieces of dirt that found their way into the rear diff gear after every round, which I also had to do with my CAT 3000, though I don't remember ever reading about dirt getting stuck in the pulleys being as big a problem in that car.