Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > General Car Talk

Old 08-02-2010

Default Tekin RS pro

Does anyone in the UK actually have them in stock...

ive tried several suppliers and they all come back with 2 - 3 weeks waiting time....

Any pointers where i can get one would be much appreciated
Old 08-02-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

you could try Much More, as I know FusionHobbies is in the same boat, on back order.
Old 08-02-2010
Mad Member

DMS Racing had a few in stock!!
Old 08-02-2010
Mad Member

Adam
Be VERY careful if/when you get a Tekin esc. I bought one from a shop in the UK, and the ESC (as well as the shop it seems) turned out to have some problems. I e:mailed the shop and they referred me on to their team driver for help. Then the shop ceased trading, leaving me with a faulty esc.

So I got in touch with much more, confident they would help me out as I have the receipt etc., only to be told that they can only help out on warranty repairs if i can prove the shop sourced the product in the UK.

I can send it back to Much More or Team Tekin as a non-warranty repair, but that will cost me more money on top of the £225 I have already spent.

So if you do get one, keep your receipt and your packaging as UK sourced ones have a much more sticker on them.
Old 08-02-2010

If you email tech support at Tekin, and explain your situation, then you will find them more than amiable to help you out, with a good turn-a-round time, and at a good cost.

There isn't much can be said about Much More...
Old 08-02-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
If you email tech support at Tekin, and explain your situation, then you will find them more than amiable to help you out, with a good turn-a-round time, and at a good cost.

There isn't much can be said about Much More...
I have e:mailed tech support at Tekin explained the situation to them, and other than providing me with a returns authorization, they were nothing special.

After dealing with LRP returns many moons ago, Much More and Tekin have a lot to learn.
Old 08-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgie View Post
I have e:mailed tech support at Tekin explained the situation to them, and other than providing me with a returns authorization, they were nothing special.

After dealing with LRP returns many moons ago, Much More and Tekin have a lot to learn.
What else would you expect them to do, send the ESC back, with the job number and let them fix it, they can't exactly do much without you doing that?? Shipping via EMS to the USA is only going to send you back, max £10...
Old 08-02-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Adam
Be VERY careful if/when you get a Tekin esc. I bought one from a shop in the UK, and the ESC (as well as the shop it seems) turned out to have some problems. I e:mailed the shop and they referred me on to their team driver for help. Then the shop ceased trading, leaving me with a faulty esc.

So I got in touch with much more, confident they would help me out as I have the receipt etc., only to be told that they can only help out on warranty repairs if i can prove the shop sourced the product in the UK.

I can send it back to Much More or Team Tekin as a non-warranty repair, but that will cost me more money on top of the £225 I have already spent.

So if you do get one, keep your receipt and your packaging as UK sourced ones have a much more sticker on them.
its hardly tekins fault that the shop your bought your esc from ceased trading if you have the sales recepti then the distributer should uphold the warrenty. if you havent got proof of uk purchase well hard luck you wont do that again.
Old 08-02-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by discostu View Post
its hardly tekins fault that the shop your bought your esc from ceased trading if you have the sales recepti then the distributer should uphold the warrenty. if you havent got proof of uk purchase well hard luck you wont do that again.
I know it's not the distributors fault, I don't believe I have said it is. The distributor told me that as well as the receipt (which I have) I need the packaging the esc came in to prove THE SHOP sourced it in the UK. Because I can't prove the shop sourced it in the UK then they won't deal with it as a warranty claim, because some shops apparently import Tekin stuff direct.
Old 08-02-2010

Some shops do, but MM should be able to verify which shops they sell to. If you have no joy, PM Randy Pike on here, he is the Team Manager for Tekin, and should be able to help you out one way or the other.

What is/was the fault?
Old 08-02-2010
Mad Member

Thanks, will do.

The fault is that it Thermals in my predator and in my cat, running either a 6.5 or a 5.5. Not only that, but it won't run properly in dual mode.
Old 08-02-2010

Quote:
Thanks, will do.

The fault is that it Thermals in my predator and in my cat, running either a 6.5 or a 5.5. Not only that, but it won't run properly in dual mode.
RS or RS Pro?
Old 08-02-2010
Mad Member

burgie

you need to get in contact with trading standards as you have proof you brought it new from the uk from a shop where the shop got it from its not your problem i think you will find the uk distributers will need to do somthing.
Old 08-02-2010

Actually, no, if you buy a consumer good, not supplied by the UK Distributor, they don't have a legal obligation to fix it (why should they, they have not been involved in any way of selling it to you). Even if you send it to MM, they will have to send it back to Tekin for repair, so you might as well do it yourself, and be in control.

I am in no way trying to defend MM or the shop, but if you have spent £225 on it, then another £20 is better than wasting it.
Old 08-02-2010
Mad Member

what im saying is you the custermer brought it from uk shop and have a uk recepte where the shop bought how is that the custormers fault and why should the custormer have to proove where it come from surly he should send it back to the uk distributer with the proof of uk purchase and the distributer should send it on to whoever it may concern.
Old 08-02-2010

I understand what your saying, and if it was simple, then I would agree, MM could check their accounts, and if they have supplied ESC's to the that shop, even for just good PR, should help. But if they haven't, the customer would have to send it back to the manufacturer, direct, just as you would, if you bought an ESC from overseas (LRP for instance), SMD are in no way liable for the warranty.
Old 09-02-2010
Mad Member

the esc is an rs -pro....

sadly, if I buy another ESC in the future, I think I will take my chance and buy one from abroad for substantially less than I could get it from the UK.....