Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Tamiya

Old 13-07-2006
BANNED

Default Beatties bag

Got this as part of a job lot of stuff, may be of interest to some of the Tamiya collector types.

SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.

Last edited by Stu; 13-07-2006 at 04:29 PM.
Old 13-07-2006
Administrator

Classic!!!! I think I still have one from when I got a car again in about 1997 - what a great shop, and decent prices. Sigh...
Old 13-07-2006
BANNED

It'll be going on ebay I think, of no real interest to me.
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 13-07-2006
Spends too long on oOple ...

I worked in Beatties, must of been about, 1986(ish) as a Saturday job, bunch of conners once you bought a car... go in to make it faster, walk out with a parma 15x2 for your grasshopper.... hmmm, won't see them again.
Old 13-07-2006
Administrator

Andy shillito on here used to work for them too, he was actually sponsored by em too I beleive.

I liked beatties, prices were better than anywhere ive seen since.
Old 13-07-2006
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

i always remember them being quite steep in the early 90's when i looked in one. Maybe i just had a really cheap local model shop!!

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 13-07-2006
Administrator

I can only remember more recently really, mi lil tamiya m03 mini was 65 from beatties they are like 95 now from somewhere like modelsport.
Old 13-07-2006

are they still in business??
Old 13-07-2006
Administrator

nah unfortunately not.
Old 14-07-2006
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Ahh.

Happy days. I did indeed work for Beatties on a Saturday in Leeds and later in Lester when i was studying down there. As far as i'm concerned it was a great place, great fun and always busy and full of great stuff. I did get sponsored for a very short time and my claim to fame was out qualifying Craig Drescher / Jamie Booth and a few other top boys, way back, when we had an indoor TMS race at batley sports centre. Can't remember where exactly I ended up, but after the first couple of rounds I was 2nd and there were 100 + drivers.... shame I haven't got better with age, quite the opposite. I ran a Parma 13 single with Glyn Peglar cells (SCE's !)

In those days we all set off from the start line together. I was in the same heat as Craig D, and clearly remember beating him to the first corner in each heat with my Beatties powered Procat !

Shame they aren't going any more. I think they went under quite a few years ago.
Old 14-07-2006
Administrator

will have been about 2000/2001 I guess.. I went there to buy a WILD WILLY2 !! - Modelsport was selling it for 120quid at the time, It was cheaper at beatties of course.. I really fancied one and one day when I popped in they were only 65quid !!!!! I couldnt beleive it, so I went back the next week to buy my WILLY and it was 35 quid !!!!! in fact, just about all the kits (hundreds of them) were 35 quid !!!! I ended up with 5 WILLYS and regret not taking out a loan to buy all the rest.

sadly, beatties closed a week later for good.
Old 14-07-2006

that'd be why they were so cheap, lol.
Old 16-07-2006
Administrator

aye indeed, pity I dint realise they were on their way out... still, they were cheaper than most model shops before that obviously, all the prices went up when RiKo went.
Old 17-07-2006
Grammarator

Send a message via Skype™ to emzy

We still use our Beatties bag... full of tyres it is! It made an appearance at Oswestry even!
Old 18-07-2006
BANNED

Not knowing anything about this I actually thought that it may be older & rarer than is seems to be.