Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Broxtowe Model Car Club

Old 11-02-2013

Default Newbie introduction

Hi all!

After finally racing the tamiya minis that myself, father and brother bought over five years ago for the first time together last Friday I seem to have caught some sort of bug and an urge to do it again!

My dad is the one who got me into this hobby with his ludicrous collection of RC planes (am I allowed to mention that here? ) with cars the easier option for us as kids. Owning the tamiya minis were a no-brainer as we've all owned one with both me and my brother still running them, well his is currently a stripped shell!

We all live on Nottingham from Mansfield way to west Bridgford. I found your website listed that you race minis and would love to join in sometime, I'm currently in the process of modifying my shell to carry a HD helmet camera to capture the action.

We've also got a very old and tired midnight pumpkin in need of repair that I hope to race with the other lunch boxes as the video looked hilarious!

All of our minis are completely stock (with added dust!), are there any mods or hop ups that should be performed before coming out to race with you guys?
Old 11-02-2013

Hi, I'm the Broxtowe membership secretary, and we always welcome new racers to our club. My advice would be to come along and ask our regular Mini racers for some tips, as they're a friendly bunch!. I don't race a Mini at the moment, but i used to, and i would urge you to fit a set of Ball Bearings as soon as you can, and a set of oil filled Shock Absorbers if you can afford them. Non Tamiya sets of both of these upgrades are available, ( And are usually cheaper to buy,(From £5 for a set of bearings on Ebay.)). We look forward to meeting you one Saturday evening soon!.
Warren.