Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 02-01-2010

Default Schumacher CAT 2000 EC

Hi everyone and happy new year!

I recently received a Schumacher CAT 2000 EC with a few upgraded purple alloy parts. It has the rear gearbox and the bottom half of the front gearbox in alloy. Can anyone tell me if the top half of the front gearbox was available in purple alloy, and if so do you have one to buy?

Regards

Lee
Old 02-01-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

I'm fairly sure it was, but I wouldn't fancy your chance of buying a new one now. You might find a 2nd hand one somewhere, but you're in for a bit of a search i would think. It might have been available just in silver at some point as well.

The upper parts are the same front and rear.

Other cars that I think used the same part - Cat 2000 (all variants!) SST, SST 98.

The following used a different part (that looks similar) - Cat 3000, SST99, Axis pro, Axis 2, Mission
Old 02-01-2010

On the original Cat 2000 (non laydown) the gearbox did come in silver not purple, sure they only came out in purple after the ec was out. The DMS Racing website does have some cat 3000 purple tops and bottom in the sale section of there website. Like Matt says they might be different, i always though the TC's had smaller gearbox's than the buggys?
Old 02-01-2010

In the time when I was racing the CAT 2000 and 3000, I have only used the rear lower alu gearbox, never the front lower or upper gearboxes (front & rear). The problem was that when you cranked the screws too much, the gearboxes came a bit out of sync with as results that the diff bearings detoriated very rapidly. Afterwards I only used the plastic upper gearboxes and no more problems with the diff bearings.
Old 04-01-2010

Theres no better Sound than a Ducati With Termi Race Exhausts mate. I used to wake the neighbourhood up when i fired mine up in the morning

i spose it would look good in the showroom but not for running then. might be worth a try.