Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > International fOrums > Ireland

Old 12-10-2010

Default 1/10 off road at badmcc

hi all..mark Penney here..wanting to gauge interest in running1/10 off road up at badmcc's excellent 1/8 track..this will be a purpose built track inside the 1/8 track..work will take place over the winter ready for spring...I will be heavily involved along with Barkley to get this project running..for those who don't know this club please visit their website for pics and vids..and of course it will be all dirt..1/10 on dirt..nothing could be better....classes run and format will depend on numbers..but hopefully we will generate enough people to make it worthy of possible Irish national racing..I know drop inn racing and 5mile town have lots of members..if we could get all to race there could be 30+ drivers..I hope the dmcc will also support this giving us more competitors.maybe 1/10off road can be a force again just like it used to be..please leave feedback or contact me on 07518365079..
Old 12-10-2010
Mad Member

Hi Mark,

William White here. I'd expect there will be plenty of interest in this within the DMCC regarding this and most of the competitors are prepared to travel.

1/10th electric is going through a spurge of growth at the moment and to get a national round up at BADMCC would be great. There is already talk of there being an event in Cork for next year.
Old 12-10-2010

Nice one William..spread the word,rally the troops..this is a chance to put 1/10 back where it belongs..at the top of the rc tree..
Old 12-10-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to mole2k

I would love to see 1/10th off-road getting a come back in Ireland as a whole, if we got a track of BADMCC's quality for 1/10th in dirt it would be awesome. Might even attract some people from across the pond if it's dirt!

www.rcbearings.co.uk
Old 13-10-2010
Mad Member

I could be up for this the odd time, its a bit far for a regular trip when we have racing in Dublin every weekend. Good luck with it though.
Old 13-10-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian h View Post
I could be up for this the odd time, its a bit far for a regular trip when we have racing in Dublin every weekend. Good luck with it though.
Well obviously we won't be travelling every week, but if we tried to get up for the big meetings 3 or 4 times over the season.
Old 13-10-2010

that's fine..everyone has a home track they stick to..no one can really travel like that every other weekend..but maybe in the very near future we could have a proper Irish championship like the days of old.. I know ballymena has a decent astro track, although I havnt been there and is it navans astro track.. These tracks are also possible for 1/10 providing the clubs will let us run,..from what I gather they will..although they may need a little work for 1/10..but will get these clubs extra members and a better racing atmosphere with more racers..I'm getting really excited about these prospects..
Old 13-10-2010

Having raced 1/8th off Road @ the BADMCC, the prospect of a 10th off road track is quite appealing.

The current 8th track is unreal so I can imagine what the lads up there will build. A meeting every month or 6 weeks with plenty of notice wouldn't be a problem for me. Also the idea of getting back to the old association type championship would be great. I get to throw a burger on the floor again in McDonalds in Lisburn.

I will support this the best I can, for me it will always have to be Sundays as I work Saturdays.

Thanks Mark.

Brian MacManus.
Old 13-10-2010

This is great news for 1/10 off road in ireland.The national series will get a great following with different surface tracks,i would have no problem traveling up a few times a year.
John Dungan
Old 13-10-2010

Send a message via MSN to colmo Send a message via Skype™ to colmo

I'm thrilled by this news too, really looking forward to it - I hope to see (and compete in) 2wd and Trucks (open or Short Course, both good!), and maybe 4wd too.

If you need any help with the project, I can help in an online capacity (I'm a web geek).

Photos:
Oople Invernational 2010 - Sodden Sunday
Muchmore N. Irish GP 2010 (Touring cars)
BADMCC 1/8th Nitro buggies

Current cars:
X6^2 | JC BJ4WE | TM E4 & E4JS | HPI E-Firestorm | Losi Crawler | + many F1s, super crawlers, scalers, drifters in the works...
Old 13-10-2010

great news lads having all different types of tracks is briillant keeps every body interested i wouldnt have a problem travelling up a couple times a year hope it all goes well for badmcc.
nigel dungan
Old 15-10-2010

Cool, i finally may have somewhere to use the bowties and holeshot tires i have left over from the euros
Old 15-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugenextreme View Post
Cool, i finally may have somewhere to use the bowties and holeshot tires i have left over from the euros
I note the Prolines are a tad more expensive than the usual Schumacher spikes - how do the Schumacher Multi Bow and Multi Block tyres compare, they're a bit cheaper?

Photos:

Current cars:
X6^2 | JC BJ4WE | TM E4 & E4JS | HPI E-Firestorm | Losi Crawler | + many F1s, super crawlers, scalers, drifters in the works...
Old 15-10-2010

never seen the schue tyres but running dirt tyres are great ..wondering if we should have a control tyre..
Old 15-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by noreargrip View Post
never seen the schue tyres but running dirt tyres are great ..wondering if we should have a control tyre..
They're part of the Core RC range - quite a bit cheaper than Prolines:

CR143 Multi Bow; 1-10 Off Rd Rear In Stock £6.80 (£7.99)
CR144 Multi Bow; 1-10 Off Rd 4WD Front In Stock £6.37 (£7.48)
CR145 Multi Block; 1-10 Off Rd Rear In Stock £6.80 (£7.99)
CR146 Multi Block; 1-10 Off Rd 4WD Front In Stock £6.37 (£7.48)

Photos:

Current cars:
Old 15-10-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to mole2k

Would probably be worth running open tyres for the first couple of meets so we can try anything people have lying around, etc to see what works well and doesnt wear too badly.

A control tyre would be good, well probably best to have one or two so you have a dry/wet option.

www.rcbearings.co.uk
Old 16-10-2010

I agree with u steve..we all have dirt tyres of some sort lying around..might as well use them..I wouldn't want the first few meets to be full of restrictions..gonna take a few meets to see what's what..them we can make decisions..
Old 16-10-2010
Mad Member

I picked up 2 pairs of bow ties and 2 pairs of step pins on ebay for a tenner! Been sitting on my shelf for about 18months now - at last a chance to use them
Old 19-02-2011

Hi guys.

Some of you may know me already. My name is Martin O'Doherty and I am a member at BADMCC.

The club has a (click>>>) 1/10 thread (<<<click) on our club forum relating to this topic. We would appreciate it if anyone interested in making this happen could click on the link above and pop over there to leave us your thoughts or views.

We will be meeting on Monday 21st Feb at 1930hrs or 7.30pm at The Tannery (Chestnut Lodge) 6 Chestnut Hill Road, Moira, BT67 0LW.

Anyone interested please come along and see if we can make this happen.

Thanks in advance

Marty
Old 20-02-2011

Don't know if we can make this idea stick but I'm interested.