Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 05-09-2014

Default DETC410 Upgrade Parts

Hoping someone here can help me decide on which way to go....

I've got a DETC410, currently exactly as out of the box. At the last club meeting I managed to wreck a front spool outdrive after a rather hard knock against a track marker....everything else appears to have survived.

I'm looking at ordering some replacements now, and may be some worthwhile upgrade parts. This looks to be the first place to start with the steel outdrives being available. Are these a worthwhile fit? Are they OK to run with the aluminium driveshafts or should I look to run the steel shafts instead? Is there any downside to the steel ones??

Before I press checkout, is there anything else worth considering? I'm changing springs away from the kit, so I can ignore these for now, but is there anything else thats a worthy upgrade??
Old 05-09-2014

Send a message via AIM to Adam Skelding Send a message via MSN to Adam Skelding Send a message via Yahoo to Adam Skelding Send a message via Skype™ to Adam Skelding

Hi.
Through the winter last year I ran both the stock composite and steel out-drives in the spool.
Being honest, I couldn't feel any difference in performance, but the steel does offer more protection when giving the indoor boards a good whack.

I ran the car for a total of 12 club nights on the steel spool out-drives with no wear issues.

The split hangers are a useful tuning tool, but my car remained pretty much kit throughout apart from some alu screws and the aluminium servo mounts.

Powered by OptiPower

Do, or do not, there is no try!
Old 05-09-2014

Thanks Adam, thats the kind of reply I was hoping for. I might just plump for another set of composite ones for now and see how it all goes.

I've only run the car for a couple of meets so far and was contemplating going back to my T4 '14 as I found this easier to set up to my liking....I then decided I've not given the DETC a fair ride as i've not really deferred from the kit set up, so its having a few more chances before I decide which one to carry on with. A few set up changes will hopefully see it a bit more stable and more to my liking. It's also nice to run something different at the local club!
Old 05-09-2014

Send a message via AIM to Adam Skelding Send a message via MSN to Adam Skelding Send a message via Yahoo to Adam Skelding Send a message via Skype™ to Adam Skelding

Have a look at some of the set-ups I ran last year.
I ran 'slow' mod to start with 8.5T, but the club I run at has a pretty small track, so a move to 17.5T Blinky was much better.

I'll be dusting it down in a couple of weeks for some winter racing.

Powered by OptiPower

Do, or do not, there is no try!
Old 05-09-2014

I'll dig some out, thanks Adam.

I used to run 13.5 boosted, but have recently started to run 13.5 blinky with a few others which i'm hoping to carry on with. Our tracks are generally fairly tight too, so I would imagine similar set ups would be a good starting point.

Thanks again!
Old 24-09-2014

Thought I'd drop a quick update on this as there's not that much for the DETC on here that I've managed to find.

Decided on just settling for the composite outdrives again and rebuilt the car as kit carpet setup. I then dropped the top of the rear shocks in by 2 holes, the fronts in one. Shortened links all round, and swapped springs to Yokomo Blues and yellows. Running 1.5 deg camber all round. I also removed the lay shaft support screws from the top deck.

The transformation is amazing! Immediately I felt confident with the car. It allowed me to really lean on it in the twisties. It felt progressive and much much faster. Tempted to see if I can eek out any more from it, but for reassurance I'm going to try another week as it stands. Such a different car now though!
Old 27-02-2015

Hi guys!
I'm running Modified in Denmark. Lets share useful setup tips with eachother.
Here's what i generally work with on my car. I'm running short links All around on the bulkheads . Car reacts quicker without being too wild. Camber 1.5 All around, sometime 2 in the rear . Generally always running flat on the rollcentre . Adding 0.5 mm shims on highbite tracks to prevent the car from digging too much into the carpet. It makes it float a bit more. I've run a few Months with a wider car. Made it 1mm wider on the pivot inserts. This settles the car down and works good on highbite tracks. You are able to push very hard !
I'm starting to run narrow (std) width on the front and keep the rear wide. I think it gives a Nice aggressive front with stable rear end.
Splitted suspension blocks in the front are a Nice option for added Flex and steering.
I always run without the 4 screws above the spur layshaft.

Feel free to ask me about the car for setup tips. I'll see if i can help you, or if you can help me

Hope this is useful for some of you .
Old 18-03-2015

Default Detc410 Wishbones breakages

I seem to be able to break wishbones too easily racing at my local indoor carpet club, a very small side knock at low speed all it took last night! the xrays and yokomos seem really solid, losing count how many times i have had to replace these and losing faith in the durango, I have asked durango but having no luck, I was told they would send me some new parts out but that was 2 weeks ago and nothing has turned up?, has anyone changed to the yokomo BD7 wishbones? should i dump the car and get an Xray.

Last edited by leespalding1972; 18-03-2015 at 12:58 PM.
Old 18-03-2015

Tamiya trf416 and trf417 wishbones fit fine, i know some poeple were running these as they were stronger than the TD options. Maybe worth a try..
Old 27-03-2015

Given up on the durango Detc410 so its now been sold,it was way too brittle for club racing and parts can be hard to come by, was hoping for some new parts to turn up from durango but they never materialised, now a happy XRAY customer.
Old 30-03-2015

Sorry to hear that you've decided to run the XRAY car Lee.
As you know it was down to royal mail losing the wishbones we sent out to you. I have put a claim in with royal mail regarding the lost items.

Parts for the DETC410 are still in good stock at the distributor, it's down to each model shop to carry stock of the parts to support their customers.