Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > News

Old 02-04-2014
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by discostu View Post
Like it

just putting into perspective that's all if you haven't already got any of the above and you want a new kit to race on super high grip that doesn't bend and has the quality factor.

I may have to pass this time as I have none of the above.

stu
Glad you saw my comment at the bottom as tongue in cheek as it was intended...

It wont suit everyone, no car ever does, but it is another option out there for those who dont fancy one of the existing forawd motor options (none of which are "cheap" from new either it has to be said) or for someone who has a B44 or B4 (or even both) kicking around that they fancy converting into somthing new.. Lets face it in 4wd there are proably more second hand B44's kicking around than any other 4wd car and in 2wd I dread to think how many B4's are out there now sat doing nothing...

Judging by the pre-orders received already in just one afternoon, it seems to be going down quite well with the public already, which after all is what counts I guess...
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636

Last edited by Darren Boyle; 02-04-2014 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Added a bit
Old 02-04-2014
Mad Member

I was very impressed when I saw eds and it was pretty good at the T Crown on its maiden voyage as you say it can only be a good thing having the option.

stu
Old 02-04-2014

Default x-s

hi,
as darren suggests, ours was made from a B44 that was too old to sell, with just the b44.2 slipper shaft, it does not have to be a brand new kit.
les
xtreme
Old 02-04-2014

I have an x6 squared and a b44, what else would I need and level one or two.
Old 02-04-2014
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartstuffer View Post
I have an x6 squared and a b44, what else would I need and level one or two.
The Squared is not as much benefit to you as a Cubed would be, but still useful.....

You will need the following;

For the B44 - the B44.2 centre layshaft (AS9910), B44.2 centre rear CVD driveshaft AS9911), VTS slipper clutch (AS91175 or Avid equivalent) and the B44.2 centre gear cover (AS9913 or equivalent) - approx cost for all four parts £33

Your X6 Squared front suspenion and steering can all be used, but what the Squared does not have that the Cubed would have is the Graphite Nose Piece, Carbon chassis stiffeners etc, antenna mount, alloy top deck mounts, top deck posts, battery posts, Cubed body and wing, but ALL of these come in the Level 2 set, so in your scenario, the Level 2 is what you would require.

Hope that helps.......
Old 03-04-2014
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Boyle View Post
The Squared is not as much benefit to you as a Cubed would be, but still useful.....

You will need the following;

For the B44 - the B44.2 centre layshaft (AS9910), B44.2 centre rear CVD driveshaft AS9911), VTS slipper clutch (AS91175 or Avid equivalent) and the B44.2 centre gear cover (AS9913 or equivalent) - approx cost for all four parts £33

Your X6 Squared front suspenion and steering can all be used, but what the Squared does not have that the Cubed would have is the Graphite Nose Piece, Carbon chassis stiffeners etc, antenna mount, alloy top deck mounts, top deck posts, battery posts, Cubed body and wing, but ALL of these come in the Level 2 set, so in your scenario, the Level 2 is what you would require.

Hope that helps.......
Same sounds like it would apply to my old B44 and B4? Both originals, not .1 or .2's?
Old 03-04-2014
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col View Post
Same sounds like it would apply to my old B44 and B4? Both originals, not .1 or .2's?
Indeed that is right Col, same would apply to a B44 and B4 combo.

Level 2 conversion and the few B44.2 parts listed as per above would be what is required.....
Old 04-04-2014

Darren, would it be possible to put a complete car kit together? Bring all the items together from the donor cars as spares so those that would like one but don't own a B44 etc. can just order one thing?
Old 04-04-2014
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by i4n View Post
Darren, would it be possible to put a complete car kit together? Bring all the items together from the donor cars as spares so those that would like one but don't own a B44 etc. can just order one thing?
Sadly that would be almost impossible for us to do, building a "whole" car from spares would work out extremely expensive (probably financially better to buy a B44.2 as a donor then source the X6 Cubed/B4 front end, selling off what parts from the B44.2 front that are not used).

As said earlier in the thread, it is designed to be a conversion for those either with a B44.2 OR an X6 Cubed already, without the manufacturing facilities and having to rely on OEM supply from either the likes of AE or even a distributor would make putting a complete car together impractical and that is before you look at the logistics such as full step by step instruction manuals, kits boxing and packaging etc etc....
Old 05-04-2014
Mad Member

It looks the mutts nuts. Bet it turns on a 10 pence piece

http://budsballs.co.uk