Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Old 03-10-2010

Default My fat B-Max

I've just finished installing all the electrics etc into a Factory B-Max I bought second hand and can't help thinking its a bit porky.

I'm measuring it at 1850g without any lead, thats a bit much isn't it?

The electrics are a Reedy 5100Mah 35C LIPO, LRP Sphere TC Spec speedo, KO 301F rx, an LRP X11 5.5 motor and a full size JR servo. Oh and a PT.

Should it be that heavy?
Old 03-10-2010

Default b-max

don't run one now but when i did i remember it being more drivable and planted when it was heavier than yours by 50g.
Old 03-10-2010

Swalls, are you sure of the balance you are using??? Mine, setup with a Mambamax 5700 system (definetly not the lightest) and 4200mah lipos needed 70g of lead to bring it up to 1700g (my current running weight). I can't undertand why yours would be so heavy, unless your Lio<pos are lined with lead... Weight it without the Lipos and see how much it comes to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swalls View Post
I've just finished installing all the electrics etc into a Factory B-Max I bought second hand and can't help thinking its a bit porky.

The electrics are a Reedy 5100Mah 35C LIPO, LRP Sphere TC Spec speedo, KO 301F rx, an LRP X11 5.5 motor and a full size JR servo. Oh and a PT.

Should it be that heavy?
Old 03-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODMAN View Post
Swalls, are you sure of the balance you are using??? Mine, setup with a Mambamax 5700 system (definetly not the lightest) and 4200mah lipos needed 70g of lead to bring it up to 1700g (my current running weight). I can't undertand why yours would be so heavy, unless your Lio<pos are lined with lead... Weight it without the Lipos and see how much it comes to...
For example GM 4200mAh and 5200mAh have a ~55g difference in weight. But yes, the difference is still quite a bit...

Also, Factory kit has big bore shocks etc which weigh more than traditional ones.
Old 03-10-2010

euuuuuu a bmax is always a haevy car. myne never went below 1780 grams
depending the tyers. my wife's Bmax with biggbore and some allu parts is also about 1850 grams. so yes it is a heavy car but runs good as it is. would say if you are comming to the players come and have a chat and I will have a look at it and on my balance. greets and cheers
Rude-Bits
Serpent
Fba section offroad chairman.
Old 03-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniks View Post
euuuuuu a bmax is always a haevy car. myne never went below 1780 grams
depending the tyers. my wife's Bmax with biggbore and some allu parts is also about 1850 grams. so yes it is a heavy car but runs good as it is. would say if you are comming to the players come and have a chat and I will have a look at it and on my balance. greets and cheers
Hopefully I should be at the players and the first couple of rounds of the indoor series at Worksop so I'll get busy with annoying people with my problems!
Old 03-10-2010

Quote:

Should it be that heavy?
YES..thats what makes the car sp planted when you ddrive it!!
Old 03-10-2010

Default b-max

bring it to rhr wednesday and lets have a look.
Old 03-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave-p View Post
bring it to rhr wednesday and lets have a look.
Yea was going to come down, hopefully to race but if its slinging it down I'll have to give the racing a miss. Just got enough dosh for the yellow mini spikes and mini pins I'll be needing, don't have any left for greens to run in the wet. Cheers Dave.
Old 03-10-2010

That and the really great suspension on the car. You can't attribute all the great handling to weight alone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09 lex 250 View Post
YES..thats what makes the car sp planted when you ddrive it!!
Old 04-10-2010

Quote:
That and the really great suspension on the car. You can't attribute all the great handling to weight alone...
lol id like to race with you one day cod or even organize a yoko meet at a track one day so we all can have some fun!!
Old 04-10-2010

Yeah that would be cool. But I'm up in Canada, so I doubt that will happen...

Besides... One of the fun parts is having a superbe car like the Bmax and pounding the pants off of other racers that don't have one... Or even more fun is letting them try my B-max and making them realise just how good my car is compared to theirs!!!!

Just kidding Bill (I know you are reading this!)...

But seriously, I love my B-max... PArtly because it's Yokomo... And partly because it's just a superbe handling car! It just so happens I'm one of the only people who has one for 100 miles around...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09 lex 250 View Post
lol id like to race with you one day cod or even organize a yoko meet at a track one day so we all can have some fun!!
Old 04-10-2010

Guys do you all run fans on the motor? I ask 'cos I have been giving the the car a few runs on the road just to test it all out and the motor is getting very very hot.

Is this 'cos of the weight of the car? There isn't any binding or anything so it isn't that.

I noticed as well that the body is really tight on the motor and the speedo, giving neither any room to breathe.

Just don't want to cook the motor or anything. I know its getting hotter than my TC and that gets to about 70C but I don't have a temp gun at home to know exactly how hot its getting. Would really appreciate any help here. Could the motor be at fault?
Old 04-10-2010

Hey Chris, Dont worry about the weight, its not a TC.....

Call me crazy but couldnt you cut a hole near the motor? If you put a fan on it it'll have to be very secure for Worksop!

See you there, Rob
Old 04-10-2010

Rob, long time no see mate. Not sure I'm in at Worksop yet, but I guess I'll come along anyway even if I don't get in.

The simple solution wins, hole is now cut! But I guess I'll just have to see how it goes over a 5 minute heat first before worrying about it too much.

Are Brian and Fab gonna be there as well? I'm sure you'll all be trilled to see me back in RC haha!
Old 04-10-2010

Yeah it'll be good to see you, Bri is working and Fab's has been deported for crimes against Kyosho's lol

Track build starts at 3 on sat afternoon if you want to find out if your in before sunday.
Old 04-10-2010

Yea I guess I'll come over at 3 then and help out, you know, see all the jumps that are going to be sending me to the shop!

Just need to get myself some new wheels and tires and I'll be away! See you saturday!
Old 04-10-2010

Quote:
Yeah that would be cool. But I'm up in Canada, so I doubt that will happen...

Besides... One of the fun parts is having a superbe car like the Bmax and pounding the pants off of other racers that don't have one... Or even more fun is letting them try my B-max and making them realise just how good my car is compared to theirs!!!!

Just kidding Bill (I know you are reading this!)...

But seriously, I love my B-max... PArtly because it's Yokomo... And partly because it's just a superbe handling car! It just so happens I'm one of the only people who has one for 100 miles around...

oh i doubt that lol (jus playin wit ya) ive only given my controller to a very few people and they were amazed with the car and its stability!! this one guy broke the track record with it lol
Old 07-10-2010

Had first race meet with the beast last night and no issues to report. Car was really good, it certainly eased an offroad newbie like me in very nicely. And somehow I didn't break it (I did try).
Old 07-10-2010

These kits are very strong. I haven't broken much and when I did... I deserved it... I have a boxfull of spare parts I'll probably never use...

Quote:
Had first race meet with the beast last night and no issues to report. Car was really good, it certainly eased an offroad newbie like me in very nicely. And somehow I didn't break it (I did try).