Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Losi Racing

Old 22-05-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

Mine was about 17ish might put it back to something around that it did feel better than with the other weight. I added about 70 grams which took it to just over 1800 i then dumped it down to 1500 and both where crap.

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 22-05-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Southwell

Then your weight displacement is possibly in the wrong place. The setups we are using are different too.
Old 22-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyb4 View Post
Mine was about 17ish might put it back to something around that it did feel better than with the other weight. I added about 70 grams which took it to just over 1800 i then dumped it down to 1500 and both where crap.

A

Hi Ash, I have had similar difficulties with my lipo set up and have yet to find a set up that feels 'right'. At Kiddy it was understeer one minute then hooking up the next (my excuse for you beating me in the final!). I have not tried weighting up to the levels that Ian and Danny have as was hoping i could find a balance without adding a load of ballast. I tweaked a few things at Kiddy after a chat with Danny which helped matters but was still not right. I have found running the front shocks a bit flatter works well as Danny suggested to smooth things out if it's hooking up but can suffer a bit with understeer in places. I'm going to have another play before Sunday and see how it goes this time. The problem is finding a set up that suits your driving style as much as the car itself IMO.

Chris Robinson

Old 22-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugboy View Post
Hi Ash, I have had similar difficulties with my lipo set up and have yet to find a set up that feels 'right'. At Kiddy it was understeer one minute then hooking up the next (my excuse for you beating me in the final!). I have not tried weighting up to the levels that Ian and Danny have as was hoping i could find a balance without adding a load of ballast. I tweaked a few things at Kiddy after a chat with Danny which helped matters but was still not right. I have found running the front shocks a bit flatter works well as Danny suggested to smooth things out if it's hooking up but can suffer a bit with understeer in places. I'm going to have another play before Sunday and see how it goes this time. The problem is finding a set up that suits your driving style as much as the car itself IMO.

Chris Robinson
That last bit is VERy true. My set ups are a bit wierd, purely because i have changed how i drive to suit them. Its the only way that i can get enough steering and balance for me. What can i say im strange

Ill have a look at the track at the weekend and then change the shock positions to suit. Im fairly sure i'll leave the internals the same as well as the positions of everything else bar the shocks. Like i say, if there are loads of "stop - start" corners then ill leave it as the set up i run is great for them, it basically straighterns up the car quickly and gives me oodles of drive. If its all about corner speed i'd be F()()ked.

We shall see what happens
Old 16-06-2009

Default He's one for you

Hi Dan
I got a Losi xxx B2K off my bro cos he gave it up, ( yeah )

I was was asking if u had any set ups for that or the xxx cr is the same ?
I got a meeting at Oswestry coming up so a set up for there would be a great help.

Thanks Chris
Old 20-06-2009

Hi guys,

after running the aero , I took back my losi xx-4, now I've been running it for a few meetings, it's the best car ever ! But I am still driving with a standard xx-4 WE.
Now, the changes to the car you make like the cr rear end, and the steering rack (I saw it on the report from the national at Talywain), what does it really do to the car handling? I've got some cr wishbones and a set of cr hubs, is that all I need? And do you have to change a lot to your set-up?

@Danny McGee: if you put the lipo behind the motor. How do you attach it? And what does it do to the car handling?

Thanks
Simon
Old 15-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Bull-Racing View Post
Hi guys,

after running the aero , I took back my losi xx-4, now I've been running it for a few meetings, it's the best car ever ! But I am still driving with a standard xx-4 WE.
Now, the changes to the car you make like the cr rear end, and the steering rack (I saw it on the report from the national at Talywain), what does it really do to the car handling? I've got some cr wishbones and a set of cr hubs, is that all I need? And do you have to change a lot to your set-up?

@Danny McGee: if you put the lipo behind the motor. How do you attach it? And what does it do to the car handling?

Thanks
Simon
To be hoenst i didnt change anything of my setup again from the rear hub holes. Im sure i posted a setup somewhere on here :S maybe not though.

Im attaching the cells using servo tape at the moment. Ive had NO problems at all in doing that. Just a pain when you run a different back of cells. I found that it give a bit more steering on power when running the diff. I would say it is worth the try, then you can decide if you like it or not

Hope it helps

Danny
Old 15-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckapp View Post
Hi Dan
I got a Losi xxx B2K off my bro cos he gave it up, ( yeah )

I was was asking if u had any set ups for that or the xxx cr is the same ?
I got a meeting at Oswestry coming up so a set up for there would be a great help.

Thanks Chris
The BK and the CR are two VERY differnt cars when it comesa to handling. TO be hoenst i never really found a setup that i liked on it. ALthough i have a feeling the setup i can on the CR would be better than what i had. I seem to remember that putting in a fair amount of weight made the BK lots better on grass so that may help you.

Sorry i cant be much more help

DAnny
Old 13-08-2009

What made a lot of xx4 drivers shift from the "old" red an silverspring setup to the CR rear end with white and green springs? What are the benefits? More steering, traction?

/still running the "old" one
Old 27-09-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Southwell

My setup from kiddy.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf xx4we00(2).pdf (137.6 KB, 140 views)
Old 28-09-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny McGee View Post
The BK and the CR are two VERY differnt cars when it comesa to handling. TO be hoenst i never really found a setup that i liked on it. ALthough i have a feeling the setup i can on the CR would be better than what i had. I seem to remember that putting in a fair amount of weight made the BK lots better on grass so that may help you.

Sorry i cant be much more help

DAnny
I'm struggling with a BK2 also. Dealing with a very bumpy track, high-bite grass track. So far I've got a 35g pivot support and an addition 55g of lead up the front of the car. Using Lipo cells seems to have unbalanced the car badly.

Front
Spring - Blue
Oil - AE 30wt
Piston - 56
Shock Tower Position - 3
Wishbone Position - Middle
VLA - Long
Camber Link - 2 B
Brass bulkhead (35g) and 55g lead

Rear

Spring - red
Oil - AE 30wt
Piston - 55
Shock Tower Position - 3
VLA - LONG
Camber Link - 2 D
Wheelbase - Medium
Old 27-10-2009

Default xx4

We are about to get the XX4 out for a try at RHR, hasn't been run for some time. What gearing for a losi 6.5 brushless with cells. I assume the set up will be as of old. I see Danny and others are using XXCR wishbones and hubs. What are the handling benefits over the XX4we ones.

Keith
Old 11-11-2009

Default XX4 LiPo indoor setup

Hi guys,

What could be your setup suggestion for a saddle LiPo equiped XX4 on half carpet half gym floor indoor track?

Thanks for your help

Olivier
Old 16-02-2010

I have just got hold of a XX4 WE and i was wondering if anyone has a set up or a track like EPR, or tight bumpy astro. I have to run it with a stick pack lipo as i run 2wd too with the same cells. So its a tight squeeze behind the motor.
It has a purple spur (84t i think) so what pinion? (6.5t motor) and no diff at the front just a one way. Is there any advice on adding weight to balance the car? It weighs 1530g at the moment, and is 740g/790g side to side and 670g/860g front to back.
Any advice is appreciated as i haven't driven 4WD since i had a Cat XLS 18 years ago.
Thanks

Hobbywing Xr10 Pro - Savox -Much More - Sanwa

SURREY AND HANTS RADIO CONTROLLED CAR CLUB - SHRCCC
Old 18-09-2010

Default xx4 setup?

Been a while since anyone wrote here so, what's your current xx4 setup? cr rear end, white/ green springs, flipped rear pivot?...
Old 18-09-2010
Mad Member

This is a setup Ian Southwell gave me that works really well on a very bumpy, very grippy astro track

Front

Spring - Green
Oil - 35
Piston - Orange
Shock Tower Position - 2
Camber Link - 3 (long on tower) with 1mm cut off the outer hub

Rear

Spring - White
Oil - 30
Piston - Blue
Shock Tower Position - 3
VLA - SHORT
Camber Link - 5 E
Wheelbase - Medium

The car has loads of steering and i run 2wd front wheels with yellow staggered ribs on. No limiters in the shocks, but going to try a small limiter in the rears inside. May also try outer whole on front wishbones.
Old 17-08-2011

Default Gear diff oil

hey guys i was wondering if i could get some setup help on the sealed gear diffs. I want to put the origonal gear diff back in my losi xxxsct and was wondering what a good starting point for oil. I was thinking 3k. Have tried using shock oil but it is too light, tried all the way to 100wt. I have in my possesion 1k, 3k, 5k, and 7k diff oil to try. Any help would be awsome. I run in the us on a hardpack clay track, with med grip.