Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Newcastle RC Racers

Old 02-06-2015

Default Summer Race Series

Another good night racing last night but with numbers slightly lower than recently – that time of year I guess with people on holiday – no Richie’s at all last night!!!

Anyway – first week of the summer series saw Nev make a return from his sabbatical – not actually sure of the results as a few drivers had issues over the 2 leg finals tho I’m sure ian has them loaded into the series.

Anyway – week 2 net week so get yourseleves back along for another great night.

Another potential new racer came along last night too – Steve raced around 20 year back at Longbenton so hopefully see him back and on the track again in a week or 2
Old 16-06-2015

Holiday time taking its toll on numbers, a little quiet again last night but still 3 heats getting 6 rounds of racing.
Some excellent close racing again in both classes, particularly the TC when in Q4 less than 2 seconds separated the top 4 crossing the line J

Attached current series standings

See you all again next week – hopefully John Rob, Chappels, Ainscows and Stewy might make an effort ;-P

And maybe possible new racer Benedikt!
Old 23-06-2015

I know I seem to say this every week but another great night last night with grip levels high and very close racing again in both classes.
My vintage Losi on rails all night with maximum points for the series on a plate until I clipped a corner in final 2 while well in the lead dislodging the rear suspension – all my good work in getting pole and winning final 1 gone to waste L

A couple more potential new racers there last night – hopefully see you both on the track soon. And a visit by Mark Fairbairn – hopefully see you back on track again soon too!!!

Looking forward to more of the same next week with hopefully a few more racers – cancel those holidays lads!!!!!
Old 30-06-2015

A slightly better turnout last night for round 5. Good grip levels again last night – so much so that when my tyres finally gave out I was able to re-cycle the previous set which had great grip.

Anyway 1 buggy and 1 rather busy TC heat with some good racing on a very unusual track – not sure who set it out but after looking awkward turned out actually very nice to drive!

Good to have Rob Callendar back with a new TC which went very well for his first full nights racing – also done an excellent job of allowing lapping cars through – good first nights effort Rob J

Apologies to the buggy lads as I either forgot to print the standings or someone picked them up before me so only the series standings attached this week.

I’m sure all will be back to the usual high standard next week when Ian Runs RC again!
Old 07-07-2015

Interesting night last night – having changed tyres to try to keep up with the pace I found I had too much grip which doesn’t suit either my driving or car set up so struggled massively J

Everyone else seemed to have a good night tho with Hindson & Trev battling it out most of the night and Rob Callander again driving well for a new racer – keep it up.

Richie Junior looking unbeatable in the buggy class but still all to race for in the TC’s with lower scoring weeks now being dropped

See you all next week for more shenanigans J
Old 14-07-2015

A busy night last night with a few faces we haven’t seem in a while back – Jedward, Lee Freeman, Clarky & the Chappels J
1 Busy buggy & 2 TC heats seen some good racing with decent grip from from the second round of quali.
Bit of a nightmare night for me as every time I seemed to follow a car closely whether racing, lapping or behaving just been passed, they seemed to hit the next corner giving me no chance to avoid hitting them. The general outcome of this was for me to knock them clear of the barrier then have to wait for a marshal myself L
Still – not as bad a night as out chairman ending up in the B final for the first time in a while!
Another impressive nigh driving from Rob – getting closer to the pace after only a few weeks on track.
Old 21-07-2015

Last night saw the final round of the summer race series – while Richie Junior tied up the buggies some weeks ago, after 8 weeks and 48 races the TC’s were decided on the final race with Trev taking the overall win to add to his Winter Series Win – much deserved after some shocking driving by the runner up!! L

Well done Trev!!! J

Back to just plain racing for fun next week then.

Grip was good last night again – so much so that people are still struggling on NEW tyres!

I’ll forward the results once Ian mails them through for anyone interested.

Also anyone with any ideas how we can better store the track in the new smaller store??