Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 03-06-2012

Send a message via Skype™ to brizzlemark
Angry Futaba 3GR/603FF - Unbound itself and refuses to bind

This combo has been happily operating in my car for the last six months till today.

Car suddenly stopped on track, on inspection receiver light was glowing continuous red.

Tried rebinding in line with manual, deleting all memories from transmitter etc with no success. Light on rear of transmitter is showing a continuous green indicating it is OK.

Is there a way of fault-finding this without spare kit? Anyone got any tips on how to fix this?

I suspect a failed receiver.

Cheers
Mark
Old 03-06-2012

Have you checked the there's no damage anywhere on the Rx aerial?

Also if you have access to another Futaba transmitter, the light on the receiver should flash green if it picks up any transmitters (other than the bound one, where it should be solid green). If there were other Futaba FASST transmitters at the track when it was showing solid red then the problem is definitely at the Rx end.
Old 03-06-2012
Mad Member

Send a message via AIM to Spoolio

I had one do this a couple of years ago, once I'd done everything I could think of including plugging it into a new speedo in case there was a power supply issue and trying to bind it with another Futaba transmitter I eventually had to resort to a warranty claim. Only took 3 months to get a new rx unit so thank god I had a spare. Hope you get it sorted. If you are out of warranty I recommend an FrSky TFR4 rx, can't go wrong for the money.
Old 04-06-2012

Send a message via Skype™ to brizzlemark
Talking

Good call Ian on the aerial - it has a few nicks on it and one kink so probably worth a replacement.

I can only find aerials for the R603FS, not the R603FF, it looks the same, connector looks identical but anyone confirm that they are one and the same?

Cheers.
Old 04-06-2012
Mad Member

http://demonpowerproducts.co.uk/prod...a-sanwa-p-6473

Try this one..only £5.99 and work great...

I had the same problem with my 3GR but it was the main board on the TX, Futaba (ripmax) were great and repaired it FOC even though it was out of warranty... couldn't fault them.
Old 04-06-2012
Mad Member

Ditto on using Ripmax for repairs. I sent a servo back, out of warranty, because it failed in a race. They sent it back two weeks later saying they couldn't find anything wrong with it - no charge for their time or the postage.

Since then it has worked faultlessly, and I still don't know what went wrong! They were right, and they didn't charge me to tell me that - excellent service.
Old 06-06-2012

I think the FF/FS aerials are the same, but even though your's is nicked/kinked in may still work, so worth trying with another transmitter if you can.

I've also found Ripmax to be great.
Old 06-06-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Big G Send a message via Skype™ to Big G

I've found sometimes I'll bind the tranny to the receiver and all will be ok and then I'll turn it all off and then next time I come to race the car won't bind again. Swapping my 3VCS from HRS to PPM fixed it though. Not sure if your 3GR has this feature though having never owned that unit.