Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 29-03-2016

oh god, wireless charging would be great ! ESC setting read out and adjust via touchscreen transmitter whilst all non proprietary. and adjustable length servo wires (male to male?) you could plug in servo.
Old 29-03-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Few things i reckon we will see.

1_Many more female / girls racing. Malin Karlsen is doing a great job and Xray have had the foresight to see it's a great PR story backing her.

2_Everything will be linked to your phone - ESC's already are - All transmitters will be too and hopefully your PT will be too so you can see / hear / record your laps and more.

3_Wireless - no more wires anywhere apart from maybe the Lipo.

4_If Lipo / Battery technology becomes much more advanced - we may see different shapes and sizes - or even Lipo's that are built into the chassis etc.

5_More advanced materials - lighter / stronger.

6_On board telemetry that can make changes to the car as it's running - more intelligent servos and esc's etc.

7_Aerodynamics will become more important - lower faster cars as components become smaller / lighter.

8_Suspension / springs and oil is still very old school - maybe we will see technology impact on this like with full size cars.

9_RC racing has become more 'professional' over the last few years and I reckon this will continue as the hobby / sport becomes more widely known and available to watch online etc.

10_If the entire car is 'wired' - image being able to download a setup sheet online and simply up-load it to your car - no more spanners

Custom Painted Bodyshells by me ! www.shillyshells.co.uk

http://www.shillyshells.co.uk
Old 29-03-2016
Mad Member

I'd quite like to see some development of tyres... How long have we been using minispikes for? One run on a high grip track and they are boned... Surely someone can come up with something better, and then surely someone can convince the BRCA to change the rules a bit...
Old 29-03-2016
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLGfx View Post
I'd quite like to see some development of tyres... How long have we been using minispikes for? One run on a high grip track and they are boned... Surely someone can come up with something better, and then surely someone can convince the BRCA to change the rules a bit...
Think you can propose a change of rules, u just need to be at the brca amg.

I would like to see 8 min racing!

Yokomo - Nemoracing
Sb Designs
http://www.fairfueluk.com/
Old 29-03-2016
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

wheel chair friendly rostrums, if we don't get more juniors taking up rc racing then it will be us same guys old and buggered with zimmer frames and wheel chairs
Old 29-03-2016

In 5-10 years we'll see batteries with capacities capable of doing a full race meeting - including practice - on a single charge. They'll be expensive but you'll only need one, and maybe a cheaper pack just in case you want extended practice.

Like AndyS says, the form factor may also change. Maybe it won't be a slab as we're used to, but something integrated into the chassis itself for optimised weight distribution.

Actually, we're not far off that right now.

I also agree with him on dampers. Perhaps there'll be a shift towards self-sustaining kineto-electromagnetic systems and away from fluid based systems. Or even a ferrofluid that can alter its viscosity on demand using some clever filament alignment technology.

Motors might become smaller. Esc units will definitely become smaller, with built in wireless chips enabling remote programming (again, we already have this, but with separate modules).

Edit - Hub motors are already here. Imagine not having a diff to maintain or gear ratios to mess with...

Advances in 3d printing will open up home brew prototype chassis and revolutionize parts distribution. We'll be able to buy a licence for the print files from the manufacturer & print off our own spares, or pay a small premium to have our local model shop print them off for us. And they'll be stronger and lighter than the injection moulded parts we use now!

I'm waiting for wireless charging for my LEAF. That's only a few years away. We'll look back at all these wires and laugh. Imagine a fully integrated setup stand that also contains a wireless charging induction loop & all the charging hardware. That would be sweet.

Last edited by cjm_2008; 29-03-2016 at 07:12 PM.
Old 29-03-2016

Hopefully Losi learnt thier lesson on fixing TLR22 steering... lol
Old 29-03-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Have you ever tried FPV with a car? They're far too fast to meaningfully race

Drone racing will expand I'm sure, but cars will still be a spectator sport.

The venues will dictate where it goes I think, will we still be racing on astroturf? Or will someone come up with a better cost effective surface? Probably not!

Tyres, aerodynamics, electrics, it'll all improve, but marginal gains I think!

Maybe a few more permanent indoor venues?

cars may need to be slower to cope with FPV but that does not mean it's not impossible as long as it's a level playing field and everyone your racing against uses FPV
Current buggys can go faster than they do the fact is the can only go a certain speed around the track without crashing or tipping
Would be class if you could spectate and view what the driver is viewing wireless over the net
Or even if the drivers are still as there are now racing looking down from the rostrum having micro camera on the buggy a that can a tapped into wireless and viewed would be good

Last edited by DAVO; 29-03-2016 at 10:03 PM.
Old 31-03-2016

Not sure RE electrics but I think the development of nitro engines will mimic that of 2-stroke motorcycles in the '80s with liquid cooling and variable exhaust port (power valve) systems.

It's probably possible to make the components in sizes small enough for .12-.28 engines now but if something is viewed by the buying public as being too far ahead of its time it won't sell
Old 31-03-2016
Mad Member

Speaking of updates I'm still confused with the BRCA wording on a control tryre on driven axel I'm pretty sure my 4wd front wheels are driven so why on earth is the front tyre choice on a 4wd buggy open